X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Donahoe: Rooneys made 'a mistake'

Tom Donahoe insists that he harbors no bitterness toward the Steelers.
    He does, however, retain some strong feelings about his forced departure four-and-a-half years ago.

Donahoe, then the Steelers' director of football operations, lost a very public power struggle with coach Bill Cowher, who offered to resign after a 6-10 season in 1999.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • hurls
    • Oct 2003

Did you post that on the Zone front page? Decent article.

Comment

• hurls
      • Oct 2003

(OT) You graduated from J'Town when? I grad. from JCC in '92. I lived on Hopkins St, then on 2nd near the Silver Dollar on 2nd street.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by slruh
        (OT) You graduated from J'Town when? I grad. from JCC in '92. I lived on Hopkins St, then on 2nd near the Silver Dollar on 2nd street.
        Actually, I graduated from Youngsville back in 89 am currently taking night classes at JCC for my computer degree, living a few blocks from WCA

Back on topic, I think the records of the teams fail to mention how the previous regimes were partly responsible for the teams' success or lack thereof. In Pittsburgh, many of the best players were brought in by Donahoe in the first place. And in Buffalo, as we (most of us anyway) know, Donahoe's hands were tied the first couple of years due to Butler's mismanagment on the cap and overpayment of role players.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• hurls
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
          Actually, I graduated from Youngsville back in 89 am currently taking night classes at JCC for my computer degree, living a few blocks from WCA

Back on topic, I think the records of the teams fail to mention how the previous regimes were partly responsible for the teams' success or lack thereof. In Pittsburgh, many of the best players were brought in by Donahoe in the first place. And in Buffalo, as we (most of us anyway) know, Donahoe's hands were tied the first couple of years due to Butler's mismanagment on the cap and overpayment of role players.

Donahoe did a very commendable job re-loading those years when Pitt's roster was ransacked a few years in a row. After a while, I think he just hit a wall, where he was losing too much talent than he could replace.

(OT again) Ever party at Miley's on a Thursday? They used to have the big 23 oz. on sale.
          Last edited by hurls; 09-05-2004, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

my only b1tch with donahoe is that our OL hasn't even come close to improving under his tenure.especially,when he tosses a 1st rounder,to a division rival,for a "statue."instead,we're drafting WRs in the 1st,2nd,and 4th in the last couple years.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Donahoe also did a better job in choosing head coach first time in Pittsburgh which made a big difference in what the results were. Maybe the Rooneys were more active than Ralph in decision. President first year might not have been a good choice.

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Man, you just love giving the guy excuses.

Our record is bad? Not Tommy's fault, it's because of the guy from 4 years ago.

We have no depth? That's because of the salary cap - it has nothing to do with the fact we've used 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and a 5th rd. pick on the QB and RB positions.

Our coaching staff for the last 3 years has been horrible? It's not his job to evaulate the performance of our coaching staff - it's his head coach's. Oh, he is allowed to replace the entire staff if he felt they're not doing an ok job? Well, then they were actually doing a good job for the first 2 years, and he deserves all the credit for that, but the third year, that has nothing to do with him. What? we replaced some of that coaching staff after the first year and more after the second? well, follow me on this, I'm gonna need a few minutes to think of this excuse... ....

Other teams have turned around faster? He's not a psychic. Oh, other teams don't have psychic presidents, but have turned around faster? Well, then blame the previous administration. What's that you say? Other teams like Baltimore have been in similar cap hell and turned around quicker? Well, you can't expect our president to be anything more than adequate, quit placing unreasonable expectations.
                Last edited by HenryRules; 09-05-2004, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X