PDA

View Full Version : Smoke signals from Bills don't fan the flames of optimism

The_Philster
09-05-2004, 08:11 AM
You have to admit, this is the best time of the year in Buffalo because during no other week are people so willing to believe. Nobody has moped about the Bills losing a game since December. Mike Mularkey hasn't made a poor decision in a game that mattered since he became head coach.
It's Week One. It's football season. It's Buffalo. It's buzzing. And that means optimism.

Perhaps I've been a tad cynical once or twice, but let me remind you that I picked the Bills to win 12 games last year. It didn't matter, I thought, that Peerless Price sped out of town last season. Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw seemed capable replacements. Drew Bledsoe was coming off a Pro Bowl season, Travis Henry had established himself as a top back, Sam Gash returned to show Henry the way, and right tackle Mike Williams was ready to blossom in his second season....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040905/3017826.asp)

FTG
09-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Good! With your prediction of 12-4 last year I'm glad you picked us to suck this year Bucky!

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 08:31 AM
I thought a new coaching staff is pretty significant.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 01:03 PM
i had to check twice.. i thought wys wrote that.

:snicker:

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 01:07 PM
I think one thing is for certain ... at the end of this season, Donahoe will either be considered a genius or an incompetent. The general feelings of the fans and media regarding Donahoe this offseason seem to be very similar to those facing GW prior to the start of last season.

buffmaniac
09-05-2004, 01:49 PM
I thought a new coaching staff is pretty significant.
Yeah especially when you are going from the inept Gilbride to the likes of Mularkey, Clements, Wyche, and McNally. That is going to be a huge upgrade offensively.

Plus I thought our defense was pretty good last year and I think the continuity will only make them better this year.

And finally offensively you also have to remember that last year our 2 best players (Henry and Moulds) were playing injured. With these 2 guys healthy, we will be much better. Oh yeah not to mention that we also have added 2 young fast play-makers in McGahee and Evans.

I guess we will see but I really feel that this team is a playoff contender.

Jayhawk
09-05-2004, 02:06 PM
I think that we will be better, but there is still that problem of not really upgrading the offense

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I think that we will be better, but there is still that problem of not really upgrading the offense
To me that's where the coachign staff will help. Instead of sending our FB out in the slot we may actually use him to block on 3rd and short situations. I think the talent on offense as far as skill positions is pretty good the coaches just have to use them correctly IMO.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Geason is Wys with fewer words.

Come to think of it, I've never seen Wys and Bucky at the same place at the same time either. Hmmmm ...

Jayhawk
09-05-2004, 05:30 PM
To me that's where the coachign staff will help. Instead of sending our FB out in the slot we may actually use him to block on 3rd and short situations. I think the talent on offense as far as skill positions is pretty good the coaches just have to use them correctly IMO.
and your not wrong on that, I just don't think we did enough