PDA

View Full Version : The Final Cut

Mr. Miyagi
09-05-2004, 08:54 AM
Who's it going to be? On one hand I can't wait, on the other I'm worried to death...:eek:

4pm is already getting closer....

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 08:57 AM
I would love it if Rashad Baker, Jabari Greer, Shaud Williams, Luke Lawton all made it.:pray::beers:

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Why would Luke Lawton make it? I am just curious - I thought he had a horrible preseason.

Mr. Miyagi
09-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Is it 4pm yet? :eek:

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Why would Luke Lawton make it? I am just curious - I thought he had a horrible preseason.

What have you been watching? I think Lawton's chance of making it is pretty good if they keep 2 FB's because Burns has been hurt almost all training camp and for Preseason games. He won't make it if they decide to keep an H-Back which Neufeld and Trafford seem to be doing. So they may keep Campbell, Euhus, Neufeld and Trafford.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Is it 4pm yet? :eek:

I hear you man I'm getting antsy too. :nervous: :beers:

Michael82
09-05-2004, 11:32 AM
I got a FFL draft at 1pm and hopefully the cuts will be announced by the time my draft is done. :pray:

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 11:38 AM
The way that I see Lawton getting cut is if the Bills decide to go with 4 backs.

In that case, I see Henry and McGahee as the primary RB's. Shelton as the first FB. And Burns backing up at both positions. If 4 QB's making the cut, we may have to do this.

If they keep more than 4 backs, then I think they'll choose Lawton over Burns.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm done with my draft and the cuts still arent announced?!?! SOB!!! :mad:

BAM
09-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Shaud Williams needs to be our 3rd string RB. I think Rashad Baker deserves to make it as well.

ShadowHawk7
09-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Methinks Luke will be placed on the PS guarenteed, and Neufeld will be backup FB to Shelton. Burns and simonton are goners.

ParanoidAndroid
09-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Gildon - Spikes - Fletcher - Posey

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

That would be down right scary on 3rd and long for any O, IMO.

That is an absolutely SICK set of linebackers!!!!! I love it!

B-DON
09-05-2004, 02:30 PM
why is everyone so high on jabari greer? didnt he just get burnt bad vs. the colts for a td? he hasnt shown enough to even crack to 4th cb. we dont need 5 cb's on this roster when we could keep and extra receiver. if we can manage to do both then all the better

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 02:33 PM
why is everyone so high on jabari greer? didnt he just get burnt bad vs. the colts for a td? he hasnt shown enough to even crack to 4th cb. we dont need 5 cb's on this roster when we could keep and extra receiver. if we can manage to do both then all the better

From reports that Mikey has been giving us he has been pretty good. Other than the last game I haven't seen him get beat that much.

Mr. Miyagi
09-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Less than 1/2 hour to go!!! :meh2:

Michael82
09-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Less than 1/2 hour to go!!! :meh2:
Hurry up, TD! :mad:

B-DON
09-05-2004, 02:47 PM
From reports that Mikey has been giving us he has been pretty good. Other than the last game I haven't seen him get beat that much.

i heard he was playing good to but when i watch the games he doesnt seem to standout. during the colts game was one of the few times i saw him get beat but i dont think he will ever get a chance to play so we should cut him since he isnt going to help and since were using some starters in the special teams now to i dont see where he would ever get in

chubluv
09-05-2004, 02:49 PM
10 minutes to go not that they will announce the cuts to us then. But at least we knowthat the deadline has past..

Michael82
09-05-2004, 02:52 PM
i heard he was playing good to but when i watch the games he doesnt seem to standout. during the colts game was one of the few times i saw him get beat but i dont think he will ever get a chance to play so we should cut him since he isnt going to help and since were using some starters in the special teams now to i dont see where he would ever get in
they do a bunch of nickel, dime and quarter packages. That is where you might see Jabari Greer after he develops a little bit more. :up:

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Gildon - Spikes - Fletcher - Posey

Schobel-Adams-Kelsay

That is an absolutely SICK set of linebackers!!!!! I love it!

I don't know if I like that lineup too much actually. I think Spikes is better on the outside and Gildon and Posey are both below average in coverage IMO.

I think that the individuals in that 4some could probably do well, but I don't think that 4some puts them in a position to succeed and I don't think it's possible to arrange them where each could be on the field and maximize their effectiveness. If Gildon and Posey are going to be on the field at the same time, I think that one of them should be on the line.

Gildon - Williams - Schoebel
Spikes - Fletcher - Crowell - Posey are what I'd go with.

Depending on the situation, I think we could swap Gildon/Schobel and Spikes/Posey to keep the defense guessing where the rush is going to come from (if Gildon is on the line and Posey is on that side of the 'D', we could be rushing either guy - with the other dropping into coverage - or both and having the inside guy slide over or something).

Oh, and if you're wondering, the reason I say Williams instead of Adams is because I think that Williams is capable of playing more downs in a game than Adams is.
I think the above D is less talented individually than the 7 listed earlier, but I think that it would ultimately be much more effective.

Mr. Miyagi
09-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Dude I'm hyper-clicking all the sites to see who gets it first, BB.com, KFFL, etc.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Dude I'm hyper-clicking all the sites to see who gets it first, BB.com, KFFL, etc.
Me too. :nervous:

B-DON
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
they do a bunch of nickel, dime and quarter packages. That is where you might see Jabari Greer after he develops a little bit more. :up:

since when do u use 5 cb's on any formation, i would rather have pp or baker or in their if they are going to use 5 cb's on on formation rather than greer. when do thomas's contract run up??