X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Vikings cut veteran safety Carter, 11 others

Veteran safety Tyrone Carter was among the 12 players cut by the Minnesota Vikings.

Carter, a former Minnesota Gophers All-American, was drafted by the Vikings in 2000 after breaking the Division I-A record for tackles by a defensive back.

He played three years in Minnesota and spent last season with the New York Jets, where he started the final 10 games. He re-signed with the Vikings after being cut by the Jets in March.

Other players released were long snapper Brody Liddiard; wide receivers Ben Nelson, Ryan Hoag and Lane Danielsen; cornerback Derek Ross; running back Butchie Wallace; safety Oliver Celestin; cornerback Horace Willis; cornerback Jermaine Mays; center Billy Conaty; and guard Anthony Herrera.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

bill conaty was at the end of that list..

that is one thing i can say.. when the bills let someone go, it is rare that they go on to be anything anywhere else..

i remember some of the cuts that had us somewhat surprised.

brandon spoon
    conaty
    gray (rb that tore is up a few years ago)
    robertson? (he won nfle mvp.. cant remember his name)
    crosby
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

It was Gary, and you're right.. Carter sounds like an interesting pickup, even though I highly doubt we'll do it.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
        It was Gary,
        I think Tatonka was referring to Anthony Gray
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
        X