The Spaz
09-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Where did this info. come from?

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
holy crap... ritzman made it over mckenzie AND gildon.. WOW

sobieski and sullivan??

wow.

hey.. EE.. i will take my zone bucks in installment payments.. looks like sam aiken just might have made the team.. even after his 3 penalty performance.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I thought we had to cut 15?

kalispell
09-05-2004, 03:39 PM
thats only 14 cuts. wheres no. 15?
damn the spaz is quick

The Spaz
holy crap... ritzman made it over mckenzie AND gildon.. WOW

sobieski and sullivan??

wow.

hey.. EE.. i will take my zone bucks in installment payments.. looks like sam aiken just might have made the team.. even after his 3 penalty performance.

I'm 1st in line for the zb's and I want full payment!:snicker::bling:

Michael82
I don't believe these one bit! There's no way the Bills would release BOTH McKenzie AND Gildon. Plus, Dominique Stevenson is solid depth. It makes no sense.

Tatonka
i bet travis brown is an injury settlement.

Wraith
09-05-2004, 03:40 PM
T.Brown was put on IR.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:40 PM
does this mean that we have 4 white DEs and 2 white DTs?

that is a record.. it has to be.. at least for the last 30 or so years.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
T.Brown was put on IR.

?? i thought they said 4-6 weeks.

wtf.

Michael82
I don't believe these one bit! There's no way the Bills would release BOTH McKenzie AND Gildon. Plus, Dominique Stevenson is solid depth. It makes no sense.
Haggan and Crowell OVER Stevenson?!?! That's TERRIBLE! :shakeno:

Mr. Miyagi
Is that BrianH again? :snicker:

cablesabres68
I agree i do not believe these cuts until they r published on bb.com

FTG
I don't believe these one bit! There's no way the Bills would release BOTH McKenzie AND Gildon. .
Why not? They both suck!

Jan Reimers
09-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Sobieski and Stevenson are surprises. Lawton is a disappointment. IF this is true.

Tatonka
holy ****.. i just realized that pucillo is not on that list.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!??

yeah.. this list has to be ****.

The Spaz

Yeah and who cares.

The_Philster
09-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Is that BrianH again? :snicker:
I gotta wonder if that's the source. I've been looking and have yet to see anything on any news sites. Where did this info come from?

cablesabres68
T.Brown wans't put on the IR he is on the main roster because they said he may be back by week one but the will rest him until after the bye week

BAM
link please

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Wow wow and wow.

If these are the real cuts I am truly suprised. Stevenson and Gildon should of not been cut. One or the other.

Sullivan got cut? Don't believe it.

Pucillo made the team?! Don't belive it.

Ritzmann has a ton of potential and could be a starter someday IMO.

Wierd that Lawton and Trafford got cut (Lawton was obvious)

Jrofosho
09-05-2004, 03:44 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2710

Michael82
09-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Keeping Dylan McFarland OVER both Sobieski and Sullivan? Keeping Pukecillo over those two? Keeping Burns over Simonton? I don't like these.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah and who cares.

oh, get over yourself.. i just thought it was funny because it is not common to have one or two starting white defensive lineman.. let alone 6 of 9.

jesus..

BAM
09-05-2004, 03:46 PM

This has been up since 4:15? How come I didn't notice it :mad:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:47 PM
yeah..i am ready to riot over pucillo making the roster over sobieski.. i just watched the lions game for like the 3rd time, and sobieski played well..

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 03:47 PM
oh, get over yourself.. i just thought it was funny because it is not common to have one or two starting white defensive lineman.. let alone 6 of 9.

jesus..

No need for racial comments.

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-05-2004, 03:48 PM
This has been up since 4:15? How come I didn't notice it :mad:
It hasn't.. the Bills organization just like it to say that probably.

cablesabres68
That is so stupid i think they should have definitly kept wither gildon or mckenzie plus they should have gotten rid of pucillo i am pissed at these cuts **** mularky and donahoe lol

The Spaz
I just realized all of our CB's are black?!:jawdrop:J/k:snicker:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:49 PM
No need for racial comments.

spaz.. seriously.. shut up.

i made a comment because it is uncommon..

if a black man were to get into office as the president of the united states would it be brought up? **** yes it would.. because it is not common..

if a woman made the ****ing team, would it be brought up? **** yes it would.. because it is uncommon..

stop acting like mentioning race in conversation makes you a racist.. it was not intended that way at all.. get off your ****ing high horse

FTG
09-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Keeping Dylan McFarland OVER both Sobieski and Sullivan? Keeping Pukecillo over those two? Keeping Burns over Simonton? I don't like these.

I trust the coach's over you :D

clumping platelets
Boys Boys... Billsinsider would never lead you in the wrong direction...

Hmmmmmmm..........

WagonCircler
I gotta wonder if that's the source. I've been looking and have yet to see anything on any news sites. Where did this info come from?

Check it out. It's official. Travis Brown on IR and all.

NapalmDeath
Pucillo over Sobieski? I dunno about that one

The Spaz

if a black man were to get into office as the president of the united states would it be brought up? **** yes it would.. because it is not common..

if a woman made the ****ing team, would it be brought up? **** yes it would.. because it is uncommon..

stop acting like mentioning race in conversation makes you a racist.. it was not intended that way at all.. get off your ****ing high horse

Wow man have some more sex or something jesus...:rofl::lol:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Pucillo over Sobieski? I dunno about that one

i think we are all in shock

FTG
09-05-2004, 03:51 PM

:up: positive rep given. Get a life spaz :rolleyes:

madness
09-05-2004, 03:52 PM
My V. Coach confirmed Gildon was cut.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:53 PM
:up: positive rep given. Get a life spaz :rolleyes:

:up:

The Spaz
Sorry I guess I just think differently. I don't even concider race an issue with a position if he can play he can play. So T you can shutup.

FTG
Sorry I guess I just think differently.

obviously.

Jrofosho
09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
My post was edited by the leaders of Billszone... They don't want you to know it was a Bills.com exclusive.

BAM
09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
yah i don't think he meant anything bad by it Spaz, lighten up :up:

As for these cuts, I'm kinda upset about them...But I'll trust Donahoe (for 1 more year :D )

FTG
09-05-2004, 03:55 PM
question: BB.com says

Additionally, QB Travis Brown was placed on the Reserve/Injured list.

Is that the same thing as injured reserve?

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Sorry I guess I just think differently.

what is it that you think differently about? please explain? because.. again.. you make it sound like i am thinking racially..

i am simply pointing it out because it is NOT COMMON ... how many teams in the nfl have 4 white DEs? one.. us..

i just thought it was interesting..

i am sure no one mentioned race when the first black qb was named a starter either right?

so please enlighten me without making snide remarks.. "how do you just think differently?"

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 03:57 PM
what is it that you think differently about? please explain? because.. again.. you make it sound like i am thinking racially..

i am simply pointing it out because it is NOT COMMON ... how many teams in the nfl have 4 white DEs? one.. us..

i just thought it was interesting..

i am sure no one mentioned race when the first black qb was named a starter either right?

so please enlighten me without making snide remarks.. "how do you just think differently?"

Already explained. I didn't think my remarks were snide at all.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-05-2004, 03:58 PM
I agree i do not believe these cuts until they r published on bb.com

Bills Reduce Roster to 53

Buffalobills.com
09/05/2004 4:15 PM

Orchard Park, NY - The Buffalo Bills today waived the following players to bring the roster to 53, the mandatory number required by the NFL:

Gerald Dixon CB Alabama
Jasen Esposito OL Kutztown
Jason Gildon LB Oklahoma
Drew Haddad WR Buffalo
Luke Lawton FB McNeese State
Keith McKenzie DE Ball State
Lauvale Sape DT Utah
Ken Simonton RB Oregon State
Jonathan Smith WR Georgia Tech
Ben Sobieski OL Iowa
Dominique Stevenson LB Tennessee
Marques Sullivan OT Illinois
Rod Trafford TE South Carolina
Greg Zolman QB Vanderbilt

www.Buffalobills.com

Jan Reimers
I would have liked Lawton over Burns, and it's too bad there wasn't a spot for Haddad. Lawton should go on the PS, at least.

WagonCircler
question: BB.com says

Is that the same thing as injured reserve?

It is. This is exactly what I thought would happen, especially after the decent showing (actually very good under the circumstances) by Shane Matthews. There was no way they were going to put Losman on IR. I think Zolman will make the Practice Squad so he can be activated in the event of an emergency.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 03:59 PM
I would have liked Lawton over Burns, and it's too bad there wasn't a spot for Haddad. Lawton should go on the PS, at least.

I agree. I like Lawton.

WagonCircler
09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm glad Shaud Williams made the team. He looked great the other night.

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Interesting movements.

I really do not like the Stevenson cut at all. I thought he had been playing superbly since last season, and might have even had the chance to start if Fletcher went down with injury.

Sobieski over Pucillo. I agree with most of you think that Pucillo should have taken the axe, but I'm also not as certain as some of you thinking Sobieski had what it take to be a starter in this league. Piss in one hand, **** in the other.

Thoughts about Travis Brown on IR. Perhaps Losman was moving along well enough to have beaten Brown for the second QB position. Or perhaps Losman's injury isn't as serious as Brown's. Either way, when both injuries came about and Mathews signed, it's pretty apparent they had to make room on roster. Losman may just have gotten the go ahead because he was expected be back before Brown. I'd like to think that perhaps Losman elvated his game enough to pass up Brown on the depth chart.

Gildon doesn't suprise me too much.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Sorry I guess I just think differently. I don't even concider race an issue with a position if he can play he can play. So T you can shutup.

i never once said race was an "issue"...

i dont care what color they are as long as they can play.. it doesnt make a different to me one way or another.. i was simply pointing it out because it was odd and no one else in the nfl has anything close to that ratio.. but there is always one person like you that take the opportunity to make anyone who mentions it look like a racist just for bringing it up..

it is very typical of you though... way to go.

and thanks for the negative rep points.. without leaving your name.. of coarse.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
i never once said race was an "issue"...

i dont care what color they are as long as they can play.. it doesnt make a different to me one way or another.. i was simply pointing it out because it was odd and no one else in the nfl has anything close to that ratio.. but there is always one person like you that take the opportunity to make anyone who mentions it look like a racist just for bringing it up..

it is very typical of you though... way to go.

and thanks for the negative rep points.. without leaving your name.. of coarse.

:up:

BAM
09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
of coarse.

It's course you Nazi bastard.. :snicker:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
It's course you Nazi bastard.. :snicker:

damn.. thanks spaz.. i am busted.. now everyone knows..

i am in the kkk.

:rolleyes:

BAM
09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
:D haha

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:31 PM
I feel discrimated against. I don't see any Irish-Italian guys on the team.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:33 PM

how dare you point that out.. you racist pig.. :mad:

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
how dare you point that out.. you racist pig.. :mad:

:dance:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:39 PM
thanks red.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
There goes the neighborhood.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Reserved/Injured is different than Injured Reserve. Travis can still play this season.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:42 PM
There goes the neighborhood.

:snicker:

yeah.. exactly how i ment it.. :up:

:ontome:

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Reserved/Injured is different than Injured Reserve. Travis can still play this season.

Besides word reversal and the / , how so? Please explain. :up:

Curiously yours,

RedEyE (I truly haven't a clue)

BAM
09-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Good question, how is it different?

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Everybody knows only Polacks make good white football players.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:48 PM

I saw that! :rofl:

What is Buffalo's fascination with white DEs? They are slower. :shakeno:

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:49 PM

:rofl:

What happened to Sobieski then?

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:50 PM
What happened to Sobieski then?
So are you saying that ALL Polacks are good football players?! You racist bastard you.

Jayhawk
09-05-2004, 04:50 PM
might not have been a pure blood

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:55 PM
So it looks like I know something you don't know. Nya nya nya nya nya nyaaaaaaaaa.

OK, if they put him on R/I instead of IR and he accepts an injury settlement, they can get him back when/if he recovers. It's probably a gentleman's deal that allows them to free up a roster spot to evaluate one more young talent a little while longer. They probably told Brown they definitely want him back on the team as a long-term backup to Losman. Both Brown and the team have both already invested a lot of time and it looks like this would clearly benefit both of them.

Of course, some other team could make a play on Brown but it's highly unlikely another team could regard him as much as the Bills do. Only the Bills know for sure where he's at development wise and they are comfortable with him as a longer term depth solution.

I like it.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:56 PM
I saw that! :rofl:

What is Buffalo's fascination with white DEs? They are slower. :shakeno:

dont let spaz see you say that.. he will start a petition to get you removed as a mod!

:peace:

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh wait, now that I think about it I'm not sure another team could take Brown for nothing. I'm doing this on memory so I'll try to confirm it, or maybe someone else can.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:59 PM
What is Buffalo's fascination with white DEs? They are slower.
But more articulate.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 05:02 PM
But more articulate.
:rofl:

True.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 05:02 PM
dont let spaz see you say that.. he will start a petition to get you removed as a mod!

:peace:

:funny:

Michael82
09-05-2004, 05:05 PM
:funny:
:roflmao:

I love that smilie. He looks like he is in love with himself or something. :snicker:

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 05:12 PM
So it looks like I know something you don't know. Nya nya nya nya nya nyaaaaaaaaa.

OK, if they put him on R/I instead of IR and he accepts an injury settlement, they can get him back when/if he recovers. It's probably a gentleman's deal that allows them to free up a roster spot to evaluate one more young talent a little while longer. They probably told Brown they definitely want him back on the team as a long-term backup to Losman. Both Brown and the team have both already invested a lot of time and it looks like this would clearly benefit both of them.

Of course, some other team could make a play on Brown but it's highly unlikely another team could regard him as much as the Bills do. Only the Bills know for sure where he's at development wise and they are comfortable with him as a longer term depth solution.

I like it.

:bow: :clap:

Thanks!

Now about that Polka chicken dance thing, just don't see it on the top of the list of endzone TD celebrations.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-05-2004, 05:18 PM
:bow: :clap:

Thanks!

Now about that Polka chicken dance thing, just don't see it on the top of the list of endzone TD celebrations.
Wait, who said anything about us Pollacks having rhythm?! We just can play football....:lol:

Romes
09-05-2004, 05:24 PM

Brown is out for the year according to the AP.

Backup quarterback Travis Brown's season is over after he was placed on injured reserve by the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

The move comes a week after Brown sprained his left knee in a preseason game. And it came as a surprise after Bills president Tom Donahoe indicated last Monday the team was going to keep Brown on the roster heading into the regular season because he was expected to miss four to six weeks.

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/249/sports/Bills_place_QB_Brown_on_injure:.shtml?tbdBills_place_QB_Brown_on_injure:.shtml

Halbert
09-05-2004, 05:27 PM
I don't know what Brown's official status is, but R/I is still different than IR.

btw - Gildon still appears on BB.com and it looks like it's very recently updated.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Bills place QB Brown on injured reserve; release 14 others
By John Wawrow, Associated Press, 9/5/2004 18:03

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) Backup quarterback Travis Brown's season is over after he was placed on injured reserve by the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

If BB.com is correct and TB was actually put on Reserve/Injured, this writer will be embarrassed any minute now. I remember several similar mistakes last season on this exact distinction.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 05:39 PM
With 4 UDFA's making the Roster you could say our draft got better.

Romes
09-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I believe you and I think you are right Hal. It would be a strange move to put a guy on injured reserve two years in a row, especially if he was a 2nd/3rd string QB.

wazz
09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
anyone want some wood for this fire?

dunno bout the rest of you, but straight out i'm fed up of our failing white "brothers" at DE. I want a big black guy to scare the **** out of oposition tackles!

Halbert
09-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Especially when the last word was that he was only out 3-6 weeks max.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-05-2004, 06:02 PM
The cutting of Stevenson in favor of keeping Haggan and Crowell may not seem to make sense, unless they are hoping to stash a LB on the PS until they can open up another roster spot.

I just read somewhere that a player is not eligible to be put on the PS if the team has already put him on the PS two years in a row--they must either keep him or cut him. If I'm not mistaken Haggan and Stamer were on the PS for a time last year (I don't know if Crowell was or not), I don't think Stevenson was--if I recall correctly Stevenson was on the PS the season before.

If the Bills feel that Crowell would not make it through waivers without being claimed and they want to keep their four young back up LBs available to them in case of injury--not just this season, but next season as well--then Stevenson is the only one that they could stash on the PS and retain the right to keep him if they had to bring a LB back from the PS this season because of an injury.

What really upsets me is that they decided to keep Pukecillo. It wouldn't surprise me if they are looking at the possibility of picking up an OG-C, that they've been thinking will be cut, off of the waiver wire and intend to cut Pukecillo if they are able to the guy (or one of the guys) that they want. At the same time, they might not believe that they can sneak McFarland through waivers and would rather keep him on the active squad than risk losing him. I certainly hope that this is what they are intending to do :pray: because I can't stand Pukecillo.

I know Sobieski has had a problem staying healthy since his junior year in college and Sullivan has played poorly since the end of his rookie year, but IMHO hey are both better than Pukecillo! I just hope that they can find a free agent who is better than him and cut Pukecillo as soon as they claim/sign him!

BAM
09-05-2004, 06:10 PM
anyone want some wood for this fire?

dunno bout the rest of you, but straight out i'm fed up of our failing white "brothers" at DE. I want a big black guy to scare the **** out of oposition tackles!

Your wood must've been wet, it isn't burning.

:snicker:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-05-2004, 06:26 PM
With 4 UDFA's making the Roster you could say our draft got better.
Especially with 7th Rounder, McFarland, making the club as well.

Usually, if the first four rounders make the team, the draft has been at least decent. But, it's the guys taken in Rounds 4-7 and the UDFAs that can turn a draft from "decent" to "pretty good" or better. If all five of these guys become solid players and the guys at the top of the draft ultimately become top-flight starters, it will have been a very good draft.

It's still way to early to tell, but our draft isn't looking bad right now. I will be interesting to see who they put on the PS and if any one of those guys develops into a decent player for the team down the road (I'm thinking specifically about Lawton, Dixon, and Peters and/or Trafford).

Halbert
09-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, while I was correct about R/I and IR, it sounds like it wasn't a gentleman's agreement after all ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billsmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Backup quarterback Travis Brown is shocked by how the Buffalo Bills ended his season by placing him on injured reserve Sunday.

The move comes a week after Brown sprained his left knee in a preseason game. And it came as a surprise after Bills president Tom Donahoe indicated last Monday the team was going to keep Brown on the roster heading into the regular season because he was expected to miss four to six weeks.

``The news is brand new, but I just don't feel like they treated me right,'' Brown told The Associated Press. ``I feel like I'm leaving here with my integrity. And I feel like I deserved the same. And I don't think I got it.''

FTG
09-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Does he get paid when placed on IR? If so I don't understand what he's *****ing about

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm sure Drew doesn't like it either he said he wanted Brown around in some capacity.

Halbert
09-05-2004, 06:55 PM
IR guarantees his salary for the season, R-I does not. He only has to be paid as long as he is rehabbing then he can be cut. If he accepts an injury settlement then he can play for the Bills again this season, if he doesn't he can't.

Travis better not burn any bridges because he might not find another team interested in adding him this season. If he's ready to return to work in a month that will seriously hurt his income for this year and most probably beyond.

He's just disappointed that he's not being treated like a valued veteran. I can see his point and it looks like the Bills should have told him about it ahead of time. But he doesn't have much leverage at this point.

BAM
09-05-2004, 06:57 PM
WHy make it so difficult? Call it one or the other :mad: :confused:

FTG
09-05-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm sure Drew doesn't like it either he said he wanted Brown around in some capacity.

guess that shows the weight he pulls in this orginazation :snicker:

FTG
09-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Travis better not burn any bridges because he might not find another team interested in adding him this season. .
Exactly! He very likely won't. No team came knocking on his door when he was in the same situation last season

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 07:18 PM
guess that shows the weight he pulls in this orginazation :snicker:

I guess or it really shows what they really think about Brown. It doesn't bother me either way I never liked Brown and was wondering why we kept him so long in the 1st place.

The Natrix
09-05-2004, 07:42 PM
No surprises. They were all scrubs. :up:

Bill Brasky
09-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Gerald Dixon CB Alabama
Jasen Esposito OL Kutztown
Jason Gildon LB Oklahoma
Drew Haddad WR Buffalo
Luke Lawton FB McNeese State
Keith McKenzie DE Ball State
Lauvale Sape DT Utah
Ken Simonton RB Oregon State
Jonathan Smith WR Georgia Tech
Ben Sobieski OL Iowa
Dominique Stevenson LB Tennessee
Marques Sullivan OT Illinois
Rod Trafford TE South Carolina
Greg Zolman QB Vanderbilt

Travis Brown on IR

www.buffalobills.com

Unreal that some of these names got the boot.

BAM
09-05-2004, 07:57 PM

:clap:

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 08:04 PM

Whatever happened to TLC anyways?:snicker:

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Man, I can't believe that people are saying that Brown should respond differently than he has. The Bills have told everyone, including him, that he would not be put on IR this year. Judging by the article, Brown is not so much complaining about being IR'd, he's complaining about being misled the whole time. And while this move <i>may</i> help him with salary, it also means another year of hardly practicing - making it difficult for him to get a job at all next year.

If I were him, I'd be pissed off too.

I never thought that Brown was a good QB and I'm not sad to see him leave, but damn, why treat him like this?

And also, what in hell have the Bills gained by doing this? If they planned on putting him on IR, why not come out and say it from the start? This treatment has had no benefit at all for the Bills - TD could have said from the start: "Look, Travis, we like you, but I don't think we can use a roster spot for 6-8 weeks for a backup QB that has no guarantee of coming back healthy. It's a numbers thing, sorry kid." No one is hurt and the Bills org. doesn't come out looking like misleading *******s. Sometimes I have to wonder, does TD want to look like a dick?

chernobylwraiths
09-05-2004, 08:08 PM
T.Brown was put on IR.

If it was a certain IR, they still would be able to work out an injury settlement and release him and then be able to pick him up in week 10 I think. I still think there was something they could do with Losman where he wouldn't count on the roster, but he could rehab with the team without being on season ending IR. Like they did with Jerry Ostrowski. Anybody?

Nice username by the way.

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 08:10 PM
If it was a certain IR, they still would be able to work out an injury settlement and release him and then be able to pick him up in week 10 I think. I still think there was something they could do with Losman where he wouldn't count on the roster, but he could rehab with the team without being on season ending IR. Like they did with Jerry Ostrowski. Anybody?

Nice username by the way.

I don't think Brown is coming back here regardless of whether or not we buy him out. First off, I don't think that he wants to come back anymore. And second, there is no reason to bring back a mediocre player who has spoken against the team the way he has.

chernobylwraiths
09-05-2004, 08:27 PM
IR guarantees his salary for the season, R-I does not. He only has to be paid as long as he is rehabbing then he can be cut. If he accepts an injury settlement then he can play for the Bills again this season, if he doesn't he can't.

Travis better not burn any bridges because he might not find another team interested in adding him this season. If he's ready to return to work in a month that will seriously hurt his income for this year and most probably beyond.

He's just disappointed that he's not being treated like a valued veteran. I can see his point and it looks like the Bills should have told him about it ahead of time. But he doesn't have much leverage at this point.

The Bills and Donahoe did the exact same thing to Christie a few years ago. I can see them doing this and it makes perfect sense. You give the guy an injury settlement and then he can play for the team in about 6-10 weeks, I forget how long. But Christie was pissed about the move and wouldn't accept the injury settlement in time ( I think you have to have the settlement done within 24 hours), so the Bills ended up releasing him. Brown really has nothing to be pissy about with the Bills because they kept giving him shot after shot even though at times, he really looked bad. The only thing I can think about is that, like Christie, Donahoe never called Brown to just smooth things out or even try to explain. He just made the move. If this happened, I think Donahoe could do with a little be of tact.

Dozerdog
09-07-2004, 12:21 AM

Then what happened to Sobieski?