PDA

View Full Version : Flutie not cut by Chargers

WagonCircler
09-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Chargers Cuts (http://www.chargers.com/news/pr_headline_detail.cfm?press_release_key=320)

Looks like the little fella will be staying behind Rivers & Brees.

FTG
09-05-2004, 04:14 PM
good. Now we don't have to hear the pick up Flutie talk :up:

G. Host
09-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Rob Johnson is available. The "Big" Johnson bandwagon may start clamoring for him to be signed now that Travis is on IR.

SaviorFlutie!
09-05-2004, 07:49 PM
:wail:

This is horrible news.

The Natrix
09-05-2004, 07:50 PM

This is horrible news.

:rofl:

That Guy
09-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I want just ONE mullet on the team.. that's all I'm asking for.

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Flutie has so much interest around the league. It makes me laugh.

hurls
09-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Chargers Cuts (http://www.chargers.com/news/pr_headline_detail.cfm?press_release_key=320)

Looks like the little fella will be staying behind Rivers & Brees.

Are you the almighty infamous Wagoncircler? :bow:

Jayhawk
09-05-2004, 10:28 PM
oh flutie has gotta be pissed

NapalmDeath
09-06-2004, 04:07 AM
oh flutie has gotta be pissed

About what? Making the team???

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2004, 04:10 AM
They kept him as trade bait. Sounds like NE is interested.

SABURZFAN
09-06-2004, 05:51 AM
They kept him as trade bait. Sounds like NE is interested.

just to get a late round draft pick for flutie will help that organization.

Iehoshua
09-06-2004, 11:50 AM

This is horrible news.

There is still hope! We can propose a trade! :snicker:

The_Philster
09-06-2004, 11:53 AM
There is still hope! We can propose a trade! :snicker:
You should be shot for even suggesting that. :cynic:

justasportsfan
09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
You should be shot for even suggesting that. :cynic:I see you Johnsonites are still bitter. If Drew goes down , it would be because our OL isn't working. There isn't a better back-up qb who can do well with a struggling OL like Flutie. Granted Flutie isn't starting material, I wouldn't mind having him as a back-up qb coming off the bench. He's better than your boy Rob. :;
If there is one player that would be happy to recieve passes from Flutie, it would be Moulds.

Jayhawk
09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
About what? Making the team???
if I made that team I would be pissed, the chargers arent going to use him

The_Philster
09-06-2004, 12:11 PM
I see you Johnsonites are still bitter. If Drew goes down , it would be because our OL isn't working. There isn't a better back-up qb who can do well with a struggling OL like Flutie. Granted Flutie isn't starting material, I wouldn't mind having him as a back-up qb coming off the bench. He's better than your boy Rob. :;
If there is one player that would be happy to recieve passes from Flutie, it would be Moulds.
:huh: what does Johnson have to do with anything? They both suck. As far as Mouldsbeing happy to receive passes from him, sure he would...if the midget would ever throw the :curse: ball. RJ might have hung onto it too long, but Flutie took off running more often than he needed to. Many times I saw wide open WRs, like Moulds, waiting for the ball and Flutie had to be a showboat and run off with the ball himself. :cynic:

justasportsfan
09-06-2004, 12:29 PM
:huh: what does Johnson have to do with anything? They both suck. As far as Mouldsbeing happy to receive passes from him, sure he would...if the midget would ever throw the :curse: ball. RJ might have hung onto it too long, but Flutie took off running more often than he needed to. Many times I saw wide open WRs, like Moulds, waiting for the ball and Flutie had to be a showboat and run off with the ball himself. :cynic: You might want to check out the stats. Who do you think was throwing to Moulds when he set the playoff record? Hint it wans't Rob.

Don't let your hatred for Flutie because he was way better than Rob who you supported , cloud your opinion as far as him being a decent back-up. Nobody is saying he shold be a starter, although I'm no Flutie flake I'd be more confident with Flutie over Matthews just like I supported him over Rob Johnson .

G. Host
09-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Matthews can not handle bad weather so I suspect that if Losman is ready at end of year he will be #2 QB. Games in December & January at the Ralph as well as game at Cincinnati he would not be effective at.

P.S. Whenever someone starts an argument with an insult or a detrimental nickname you know their case is weak. Basic debating strategy.

BAM
09-06-2004, 12:48 PM
I'd take Flutie back in a heartbeat over Matthews.

The_Philster
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
You might want to check out the stats. Who do you think was throwing to Moulds when he set the playoff record? Hint it wans't Rob.

Don't let your hatred for Flutie because he was way better than Rob who you supported , cloud your opinion as far as him being a decent back-up. Nobody is saying he shold be a starter, although I'm no Flutie flake I'd be more confident with Flutie over Matthews just like I supported him over Rob Johnson .
again, what does Rob have to do with anything? :huh: I don't hate Flutie because he was better than Rob, I can't stand him because he's a "me" player and have little confidence in him because the game has passed him by.