PDA

View Full Version : And your starting PR and KRs are....

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Josh Reed at KR
Nate Clements at PR :eek:

Terrence McGee backs up Clements at PR.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depthchart.jsp

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else terrified at seeing Nate Clements as the punt returner?

FTG
09-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm not.

FTG
09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Mularkey obviously treats ST as 1/3 of the game. Thats how it should be treated. One big special teams play can change the game. I'm all for starters playing

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I think McGee makes more sense for the position.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Doesn't bother me Deion Sanders did both.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm not.
I'm talking about injuries. Does Jason Sehorn ring a bell? :ill:

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Mularkey obviously treats ST as 1/3 of the game. Thats how it should be treated. One big special teams play can change the game. I'm all for starters playing
Well, then why would you cut one of your best special teamers in Stevenson? He made a ton of plays in ST last year and was solid in depth.

BAM
09-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Injuries are gonna happen no matter what team they're playing on Mikey.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I think McGee makes more sense for the position.
I agree. Hopefully, he'll take over after a couple games.

FTG
09-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Well, then why would you cut one of your best special teamers in Stevenson? He made a ton of plays in ST last year and was solid in depth.

The coachs must have thought others played better.

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm talking about injuries. Does Jason Sehorn ring a bell? :ill:

Funny story. I saw Jason Sehorn in the Sacaremento Airport back in Feb.

He was STILL on crutches!

Could have been a new injury, but I'm thinking Jason just had another surgery.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
i would be concerned.. but i think that kevin thomas and mcgee have both been absolutely great this preseason.. which makes me feel alot better..

thomas looked strong to finish up his rookie year.. but then not so hot last year.. looks like he is back on track.. he has been the best DB all throughout training camp and preaseason imho.. what makes it even more crazy is he has a club cast on his hand.

mcgee looked great last year.. and looks to just be getting better.

mcgee played FS in college.. i never could figure out why then didnt try him at the position with us..

Halbert
09-05-2004, 04:31 PM
It's a risky move for sure. The question is whether it's worth the risk.

I'm not sure if this is a safe assumption, but I'm going to assume it's not as bad as it was when we needed a punt "catcher" and don't have any other viable options.

That means that Mularkey feels Clements has legitimate big play potential - i.e. multiple returns to the house for the season. If that happens it's definitely worth it.

Still scares the crap out of me.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Like BAM said. Injuries could happen anytime. Should we not play our stars on 3rd down? j/k :D

Seriously............I understand your point but it's worth the risk. A great ST can win games for you :up:
Have you seen anything out of Clements on PRs that excite you? I haven't. I'd prefer Terrence McGee or Shaud Williams out there.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
It's a risky move for sure. The question is whether it's worth the risk.

I'm not sure if this is a safe assumption, but I'm going to assume it's not as bad as it was when we needed a punt "catcher" and don't have any other viable options.

That means that Mularkey feels Clements has legitimate big play potential - i.e. multiple returns to the house for the season. If that happens it's definitely worth it.

Still scares the crap out of me.
It scares the crap out of me too. :scared: :pray:

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Have you seen anything out of Clements on PRs that excite you? I haven't. I'd prefer Terrence McGee or Shaud Williams out there.

now that is a better point.. not that clements is our starting cb.. but that others have simply outperformed him.

RedEyE
09-05-2004, 04:37 PM

I agree Mikey, Clements doesn't add anything special to the return team. Throw in a guy that's really out to prove something and you never know what he's capable of doing.

FTG
09-05-2004, 04:37 PM
It scares the crap out of me too. :scared: :pray:

Don't live in fear Mikey :D

I agree.............unless Clements is a huge upgrade over Williams and Mcgee it's not worth it. Mularkey must feel he is. If not he won't be the main PR for long.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Don't live in fear Mikey :D

I agree.............unless Clements is a huge upgrade over Williams and Mcgee it's not worth it. Mularkey must feel he is. If not he won't be the main PR for long.
EXACTLY. Maybe they will work with McGee and Williams to eventually take over. However, McGee was still nursing an injury.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:39 PM
now that is a better point.. not that clements is our starting cb.. but that others have simply outperformed him.
Yup. Others have outperformed him and if the risk outweighs the reward...you shouldn't take the risk.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Yup. Others have outperformed him and if the risk outweighs the reward...you shouldn't take the risk.

your full of good points today.. :D

maybe your right.. the fact that mcgee was injuried could have something to do with that

it is not like depth charts are written in stone.

Jayhawk
09-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else terrified at seeing Nate Clements as the punt returner?
I'm very worried

Throne Logic
09-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Don't like Clements returning. I know it's been said many times, but injuries happen to returners.

He's a top corner in this league. These are NOT easy to come by. I'd rather see McGee and Williams returning. I'm a bit surprised that Shaw and Aiken weren't given a shot in the preseason.

Michael82
09-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Don't like Clements returning. I know it's been said many times, but injuries happen to returners.

He's a top corner in this league. These are NOT easy to come by. I'd rather see McGee and Williams returning. I'm a bit surprised that Shaw and Aiken weren't given a shot in the preseason.
Thank you! That's exactly my thoughts. :bf1:

I don't understand why Shaw was never given a chance here. He used to return punts at both Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. Why not here? :shakeno:

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
They're proabbly looking for experience at PR as well as skill seeing Clements has been doing PR the last 3 years.

Romes
09-05-2004, 05:19 PM
If I remember correctly Clements was the last guy on our team to return a punt for a TD during the regular season.

These guys are football players the best should want to be out there all the time. Clements always wanted to return punts. I say give him the ball. He has the best chance of anyone of our team to give us good field position and maybe even points. But he has to hold on to the ball and not drop it like he did in the last pre-season game.

HenryRules
09-05-2004, 06:17 PM
anyone else notice that Gildon is still listed on that depth chart even though all the other cuts are taken off?

Probably just a mistake, but weird nonetheless.

BAM
09-05-2004, 06:18 PM
If I remember correctly Clements was the last guy on our team to return a punt for a TD during the regular season.

These guys are football players the best should want to be out there all the time. Clements always wanted to return punts. I say give him the ball. He has the best chance of anyone of our team to give us good field position and maybe even points. But he has to hold on to the ball and not drop it like he did in the last pre-season game.

:clap: :clap: Excellent :up:

Goobylal
09-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Josh Reed at KR
Nate Clements at PR :eek:

Terrence McGee backs up Clements at PR.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depthchart.jsp
I wonder if that's only temporary since McGee is just coming off an injury? I sure hope so.

Michael82
09-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I wonder if that's only temporary since McGee is just coming off an injury? I sure hope so.
Me too. :pray:

ShadowHawk7
09-06-2004, 10:36 AM
It better be, cuz I wanna see another 86 yard blast from McGee.
KR 1: Reed
KR 2: McGee
PR: Williams