X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamilton Billsfan

Who Might Be comming to Town?

Hello All,

First off, I would like to thank clumping platelets, Ebenezer and any others unknown to me for maintaining the Cap page! The information you’ve gathered helped a big deal for this post. Also, if any of the Mods feel this post belongs in the cap forum and not here then please feel free to move it.

Using the figures from the salary cap page for those who made the team…….and the minimum cap hit for those who were cut recently……and the following assumption for those players not on the cap page…
    Greer………………$230000 no bonuses
    Baker………………$230000 no bonuses
    Matthews………$900000 no bonuses ( a very wild guess as I believe that is the min for an 11 year vet)……

And the following figures for players listed in the cap page but no figures given as they are not available yet but preliminary figures given in another thread on this board……..
    Anderson……….$407333 bonuses included
    Evans…………….$366667 bonuses included
    Losman………….$230000 no bonuses this year as per the aforementioned thread…

And this year’s Dead Cap listed on the cap page, I come up with a total of…..$74,069,998
    Our Cap is listed on the Cap page as….$79,759,085
    Leaving…..$5,689,087

I think we have enough to sign a player cut from another team for cap reasons just as we did with Milloy last year! He was a huge impact on our Defence last year. Let’s assume my numbers are not to far off. I wonder what high profile player might be available ?
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hamilton billsfan
    Hello All,

First off, I would like to thank clumping platelets, Ebenezer and any others unknown to me for maintaining the Cap page! The information you’ve gathered helped a big deal for this post. Also, if any of the Mods feel this post belongs in the cap forum and not here then please feel free to move it.

Using the figures from the salary cap page for those who made the team…….and the minimum cap hit for those who were cut recently……and the following assumption for those players not on the cap page…
    Greer………………$230000 no bonuses
    Baker………………$230000 no bonuses
    Matthews………$900000 no bonuses ( a very wild guess as I believe that is the min for an 11 year vet)……

And the following figures for players listed in the cap page but no figures given as they are not available yet but preliminary figures given in another thread on this board……..
    Anderson……….$407333 bonuses included
    Evans…………….$366667 bonuses included
    Losman………….$230000 no bonuses this year as per the aforementioned thread…

And this year’s Dead Cap listed on the cap page, I come up with a total of…..$74,069,998
    Our Cap is listed on the Cap page as….$79,759,085
    Leaving…..$5,689,087

I think we have enough to sign a player cut from another team for cap reasons just as we did with Milloy last year! He was a huge impact on our Defence last year. Let’s assume my numbers are not to far off. I wonder what high profile player might be available ?
    Assuming those numbers are correct, I would expect any extra funds will be used to cover current player renegotiations. IMO

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I've been through every team's cut list. To me, there is very little of interest out there.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hamilton billsfan
        Matthews is probably getting veteran minimum with minimal ($25,000) bonus so Bills get a salary cap discount for him.

Comment

• Billsouth
          • Jul 2002

i thought that a few years ago the league changed the salary cap rules for vets who r signed to the min so that their cap hit would only be around 400k. the reason behind the change was to allow guys like ethan albright and other vet role players stick around. if this is true then i doubt that mathews cap hit is 900k
          "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Hamilton Billsfan

I think your right about the role player rule but as I said ,It's just a wild guess,I have no real idea of what Matthews cap hit is, it could be larger with bonuses for all I'd know

Comment

Working...
            X