PDA

View Full Version : Ruben Brown is starting guard for Bears

G. Host
09-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Where are the posts now saying he would be cut in first/next/last cut to 53 because he was washed up? :mad:

Brown was cut for three reasons:
1. Salary cap figure
2. Speaking up against Gilbride and crew
3, Symmetry - we got their guard and they got ours

Chicago Bears Depth Chart (http://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth.jsp)

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 08:02 PM
he is the starter because the starter is hurt.

Tatonka
09-05-2004, 08:02 PM
if he was that good, he would not have been sitting around for over a month in free agency and then taken a tiny contract.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Nevermind Tatonka covered it.

BAM
09-05-2004, 08:04 PM
LOL Ruben is a bum.

G. Host
09-05-2004, 08:22 PM
LOL Ruben is a bum.

If he was a "bum" they would have cut him; plenty of cheaper bums out there.

BAM
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
He's overrated man. I know there are probably a ton worse than him playing, but he's not what he used to be.

G. Host
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
if he was that good, he would not have been sitting around for over a month in free agency and then taken a tiny contract.

Ruben got bad advice from his agent who tried to do a "Rosenass" and drive up his cost.

G. Host
09-05-2004, 08:39 PM
He's overrated man. I know there are probably a ton worse than him playing, but he's not what he used to be.
Then he is not a bum. Why did you say he was then?

I do not know why so many Bills fans feel need to attack players who go to other teams especially when they have no choice and want to stay.

BAM
09-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Oh don't worry I still think he is a bum, no doubt. I had no problem with him going to another team. In fact, I was quite relieved that he went to Chicago. I was never a big fan of his, I always felt he was overrated and I was extremely disappointed when he made the Pro-Bowl based strictly on his reputation the last couple years. It was a joke.

The Spaz
09-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh don't worry I still think he is a bum, no doubt. I had no problem with him going to another team. In fact, I was quite relieved that he went to Chicago. I was never a big fan of his, I always felt he was overrated and I was extremely disappointed when he made the Pro-Bowl based strictly on his reputation the last couple years. It was a joke.
:bf1:

Mr. Cynical
09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Not a huge fan of him either but "bum" is the wrong word. He did alot of things off the field that showed character, e.g., the community work, etc.

Maybe "lard ass", "has been", "leadfoot", "turnstile"....but not "bum". :snicker:

finsrclowns
09-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Maybe "lard ass", "has been", "leadfoot", "turnstile"....but not "bum". :snicker:

:roflmao:

juice
09-05-2004, 11:05 PM
he is the starter because the starter is hurt.

Posters on thr Bears board feel Ruben will be the starter even after Tucker is healthy.

Tatonka
09-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Posters on thr Bears board feel Ruben will be the starter even after Tucker is healthy.

the key word is POSTERS.. not coaches or anyone who matters in regards to personel decisions.

NapalmDeath
09-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Where are the posts now saying he would be cut in first/next/last cut to 53 because he was washed up? :mad:

Brown was cut for three reasons:
1. Salary cap figure
2. Speaking up against Gilbride and crew
3, Symmetry - we got their guard and they got ours

Chicago Bears Depth Chart (http://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth.jsp)

Laugh all you want, but I would prefer Ruben Brown over Pucillo anyday. If Pucillo can make the team, who cannot?

Don't mind me, I am still pissed that Pucillo was not cut....

The_Philster
09-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Laugh all you want, but I would prefer Ruben Brown over Pucillo anyday. If Pucillo can make the team, who cannot?

Don't mind me, I am still pissed that Pucillo was not cut....
I'm with you. Ruben would be a good upgrade over Pucillo

Jan Reimers
09-06-2004, 06:25 AM
I'm with you. Ruben would be a good upgrade over Pucillo
For sure. He is no longer an All Pro, but he hasn't declined THAT much.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-06-2004, 06:29 AM

Don't mind me, I am still pissed that Pucillo was not cut....I agree with you....I'm pissed about Pukecillo, too. :fury:

BUT, Rueben isn't worth the money that the Bills would have had to pay him to keep him anymore (if he ever really was worth that kind of cash).

I'm not bashing him because he isn't with the Bills anymore, either. I didn't like him that much when he was at the height of his career with the Bills because he always seemed to commit at least one costly penalty a game. And, as his play slipped over the last couple of years, I began to like him less and less. IMHO, his lackadaisical attitude about making the mistakes he made set a bad example for the young guys like Williams, Jennings and Sullivan who looked to him for leadership when they joined the team. I believe that attitude has really hurt them and the team and is one of the reasons that our O-line hasn't been nearly as tough or disciplined as it needs to be for our offense to be successful. For the kind of money that they were paying him, I just didn't think he was worth keeping. And, that's why I wanted the Bills to let him go and was/am glad that they did.

Finally, Reuben may be starting for Da Bears, but their passing game has struggled all through the preseason. Sound familiar?

BAM
09-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Not a huge fan of him either but "bum" is the wrong word. He did alot of things off the field that showed character, e.g., the community work, etc.

You're right, bum was a little harsh. I should've used something like derelict, gutterpup, guttersnipe, hobo, street arab, or transient maybe?

juice
09-06-2004, 01:03 PM

Instead of last yeras LG, that account sounds more like this years Starting RT. :doh:

BAM
09-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Ha! How true Juice.

juice
09-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Ha! How true Juice.
Except the Has-Been, MW is more like a Never-Was at this point.. But if he's dropped 30 lbs i'll give him this year to show he is a player :peace: .

BAM
09-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Agreed. He hasn't shown anything yet to me really. Just another avg. linemen.