X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Travis Brown is pissed..

Brown was angry about being deactivated for the season. Earlier, the Bills announced Brown was expected to miss four to six weeks. Team president Tom Donahoe said Aug. 30 that Brown's return could even come sooner, adding that the team was going to keep him on the active roster.

"When you tell me something and you repeatedly tell me something, and then totally come out of left field with something else, I just don't think that's the way you should do business," Brown said.

i got this off the bb.com mb.. they said it was on the nfl.com main site.. i cant find a link though..

regardless..

pretty classy move by TD..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

it is about middle of the way down the page.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

There's a better article in another thread (the Bills cuts one with 6 or 7 pages of replies): http://www.boston.com/dailynews/249/..._injure:.shtml

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          regardless..

pretty classy move by TD..
          This is the part I really don't understand. If you're going to do be a classless ******* and treat someone like ****, you better benefit from it. I don't understand this move at all.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

Travis Brown finally shows fire

Brown was angry about being deactivated for the season. Earlier, the Bills announced Brown was expected to miss four to six weeks. Team president Tom Donahoe said Aug. 30 that Brown's return could even come sooner, adding that the team was going to keep him on the active roster.

"When you tell me something and you repeatedly tell me something, and then totally come out of left field with something else, I just don't think that's the way you should do business," Brown said.
            The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Donahoe has done this many times in the past - said one thing and later down the road did a 100% turnaround. It is his "media speak".

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Hey I'm sure Travis sponged off the Bills quite a bit time to return the favor.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

He did the same thing regarding Christie; Christie was extremely irritated regarding being cut and thought that Bills would just give him time to recover using punter temporarily for kickoffs and FGs.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                  • Jul 2002

This bothers me. I am not a Travis Brown fan, and I think Shane Matthews is a much better backup. Regardless, this is the the type of behavior that engenders bitterness and resentment among the squad and makes Buffalo less attractive to free agents. Plus, even with his lack of ability, Travis seemed like a good soldier and deserved better.
                  Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka

Sounds like something off Madden 05. I'm 7-0 and my whole team hates me!

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                      He did the same thing regarding Christie; Christie was extremely irritated regarding being cut and thought that Bills would just give him time to recover using punter temporarily for kickoffs and FGs.
                      I'm sure that this really helps us regarding the contract extension negotiations with Jennings, Williams and Schoebel. I bet guys that have played together for 3+ years never end up going out for drinks and won't be concerned that they'll be treated that way at all ... maybe they'll just think that TD used up his "dick move" quota for the year, and they're now more likely to be treated better?

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

I agree completely. The Bills front office was been bad in those type of releases. Remember how they let Thurman and Bruce go?

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                          I agree completely. The Bills front office was been bad in those type of releases. Remember how they let Thurman and Bruce go?
                          Bruce had 1-2 good years left but Thurman was done. I thought we tried working ourt something with them but they wanted to be paid more than what we were willing to give.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                            Bruce had 1-2 good years left but Thurman was done. I thought we tried working ourt something with them but they wanted to be paid more than what we were willing to give.
                            BRUCE we talked to....Thurman, no..he found out he was cut by watching ESPN
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillyT92679
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              BRUCE we talked to....Thurman, no..he found out he was cut by watching ESPN
                              That was the saddest thing, when we got rid of the three pillars of the Bills.

Bruce did have the most left in the tank, he was, and is, such a workout fiend.

Andre was productive with the Bills all the way through 1999. He struggled with the Broncos and Redskins in 2000 though.

Thurman was the saddest of all. His successful career really ended after 1996 (his last 1,000 yard season). He was decent on the awful '97 team, but barely played in both 1998 and 1999. I actually forgot he played on those teams... it was all Flutie and Johnson and Antawn Smith. Jonathan Linton got more carries than Thurman did those years.
                              Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

Working...
                              X