How good is this Stamer guy anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

How good is this Stamer guy anyway?

I'm not sure how to rate this guy. He is relatively unknown to me, and to most people I think of what he can do. Yet, he has beaten out Gildon, and Stevenson for a roster spot. (suprising) Even before Gildon was cut, Gildon was behind Stamer at the ROLB spot. Where did he come from? Isn't he a undrafted 2nd year FA? I remember he barely made the roster last year. Has he improved?
    Are Stamer/Crowell/Haggan solid depth? :questions:
    I've got questions, you've got answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

LBs are good athletes.these guys are nothing more than Special Teams players.gildon is too old and slow for Special Teams.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Stamer is pretty good on special teams...not too bad at LB. I'm glad we kept him but we lost 2 backup LBs who I think were worth keeping in DaShon Polk and Stevenson
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Stamer is a hard worker who has beaten out some good LBs for a job, including Brandon Spoon. I'm more surprised that Haggan was kept ahead of guys like Polk and Stevenson. He must be improving rapidly.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Well, it wasn't so much he was kept ahead of Polk...Polk was an unrestricted free agent who signed with the Texans back in March but still...I think he'll be missed.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
            Well, it wasn't so much he was kept ahead of Polk...Polk was an unrestricted free agent who signed with the Texans back in March but still...I think he'll be missed.
            Yeah, but we didn't even make an offer to Polk, so we must have felt that Haggan and our other LBs were at least as good
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

True..and I hope the coaching staff is right on that.

Comment

Working...
              X