PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Please Explain How Pucillo Made the team?

NapalmDeath
09-06-2004, 04:05 AM
How on earth is this guy on the roster? Granted, I have not watched any preseason games, but COME ON. I have read and heard nothing but good things about Sobieski, but he gets the axe. Pucillo was demoted after the first preseason game. (He should have been demoted LAST YEAR, but...GRRRRRR)

I need a voice of reason to please explain to me why this moron is still on the roster.

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2004, 04:18 AM
How on earth is this guy on the roster? Granted, I have not watched any preseason games, but COME ON. I have read and heard nothing but good things about Sobieski, but he gets the axe. Pucillo was demoted after the first preseason game. (He should have been demoted LAST YEAR, but...GRRRRRR)

I need a voice of reason to please explain to me why this moron is still on the roster.
Is he cheap?
Is TD sweet on him?
Does he have friends in the FBI?
Can he juggle REALLY well?

:huh:

SABURZFAN
09-06-2004, 05:44 AM
they need somebody to fill the Gatorade cups. :mad:

Jan Reimers
09-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Realistically, he is better than Sobieski and the other guards who have been cut, at least in the coaching staff's view. I will go with their evaluation, but it doesn't say much for the talent level of our guards.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Realistically, he is better than Sobieski and the other guards who have been cut, at least in the coaching staff's view. I will go with their evaluation, but it doesn't say much for the talent level of our guards.
True. And, it appears that he is a "workout warrior" who looks good in the weight room and knows his stuff in the classroom--which really impresses all of the coaches--but he can't really play when he gets out on the field.

It's hard to say how good Sobieski might be because he was hurt so much that he never really had a chance to get his game together, let alone improve. And, I don't think Sullivan really wanted to be here anymore (I can't help remembering Mel Kiper, on draft day, saying, before the Bills took him, that Sullivan had first or second round talent, but was slipping down in the draft because he had shown a tendency to be lackadaisical and lazy, as if he really didn't want to play sometimes--and that proved to be exactly how he performed for the Bills.) Esposito was just signed to play in NFLE.

I'm just hoping the Bills can find a couple of guys on the waiver wire that McNally can turn into decent linemen for us: maybe an old vet with one more season in him that got cut in favor of a younger guy; or a young guy with some talent who is ticketed for some team's D-squad because a team chose to keep a more experienced player; or even a guy who may not be all that talented, but who is tough and can play and is willing to learn how to get better (the kind of free agent pick up that you see end up starting on a lot of offensive lines around the league).

Marino13Phins
09-06-2004, 07:35 AM

I believe sir....it is because he was not cut. :snicker:

Marino13Phins
09-06-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the input Dr. Suess and the pink panther. :snicker:

G. Host
09-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Pucillo signed an inexpensive extension I believe and Bills seem to think he is improving over time. I know Pucillo is not a fan favorite but they know a lot more on how they grade linemen and what flaws are correctable and what like Sullivan's attitude are not.

ShadowHawk7
09-06-2004, 09:43 AM

Okay. Listen closely now.. Mike Pucillo is still on the team because one of the best O line coaches in the NFL wants him to be. I'll trust his judgement, and will continue to do so until he totally flops.

Armpalm Ali Musch
09-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I truly believe we kept Pucillo because he is either:
1. cheap depth
2. is improving or is what was mentioned before, a "workout warrior"
3. is white (jk)

I know Sobieski had alot of potential and I remember on draft day the analyists saying that he could of been 1st or 2nd round talent but he was often injuried in college and it seems to have carried over. Lineman have to be durable and I rather take a guy who is a work-horse than a guy who will sit on IR.

On the other side, I really hope the Bills go after a top teir G or C. We can still cut "John the Magician" if we get a C who can long snap and then Teague can go back at G. I would much rather sign a mauler G and hope the line meshes well. Lets hope and pray!

Tatonka
09-06-2004, 10:16 AM
i believe the only valid reason could be because he has pictures of TD sleeping with greg williams, and TD doesnt want them to get out, because it could affect his relationship with mularky.. you know.. mularky may feel like TD is undressing him with his eyes and stuff in meetings.

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2004, 10:28 AM
i believe the only valid reason could be because he has pictures of TD sleeping with greg williams, and TD doesnt want them to get out, because it could affect his relationship with mularky.. you know.. mularky may feel like TD is undressing him with his eyes and stuff in meetings.
Wow. You feel that way too?

bills_7
09-06-2004, 01:45 PM
cause hes Italian.... he probably got someone to break a few legs

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2004, 01:47 PM
cause hes Italian.... he probably got someone to break a few legs
Tonya Harding is italian?

bills_7
09-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Tonya Harding is italian?

:rofl:

Jayhawk
09-06-2004, 01:52 PM

naked pictures of someone in the upper management has got to be the only way

colin
09-06-2004, 10:10 PM
he has ability to play, but not enough power and muscle. that is (or the coaches think it is) improving.

a guy with a knack for playing might be crap at one level of strength, but at a higher level be a very effective guard, especially since he has an easier assignment then the the othe linemen (Ts and Cs).

mush69
09-07-2004, 07:33 AM
I think the coaches just like his willingness to get the plays started and hit people. How else can you explain all the false starts and movement before the snap of the ball. He' a real go getter, and his favorite color is yellow!

:sadwalk:

NapalmDeath
09-10-2004, 03:36 AM

How else could he still have a job?

kardshark19
09-10-2004, 04:09 AM
I truly believe we kept Pucillo because he is either:
1. cheap depth
2. is improving or is what was mentioned before, a "workout warrior"
3. is white (jk)

Throne Logic
09-10-2004, 06:58 AM
I bet he makes Mularky's over-easy eggs just right. You know, so that the white is all cooked, but the yoke is still wonderfully runny. . .