PDA

View Full Version : Should/Do the Bills Pick Up Any Of The Recent Cuts

LifetimeBillsFan
09-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Now that all of the teams have cut their rosters down to 53, are there any players out there that have just been cut that you think that the Bills should pick up?

And, do you think the Bills will try to sign any of those recently waived players? :scratch:

:perplex: I must admit that I am not all that familiar with the offensive linemen that are out there, but I can help thinking that there's gotta be at least a couple of guys looking for jobs who are considerably better :up: than Pukecillo (:puke: :curse:).

The only guy that I really know anything about is Jerry Fontenot, the center who was just cut by the Saints. I know he's old (37), but he was a Pro Bowl alternate last season and has played every game for the last 5 years (see this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7648268)--and the guy who beat him out, LeCharles Bentley, is no slouch. Given the weak play we've had in the middle of our line, does anyone think that he might be a decent pick-up for a year or two as a back-up? :huh: (Remember that, when he was with the Giants, McNally rejuvenated the career of Lomas Brown at a time when Brown was older than Fontenot is now.)

Can anyone think of any other recently cut O-linemen that the Bills should/might be interested in? :question:

Jan Reimers
09-06-2004, 07:43 AM
There doesn't appear to be much of interest out there talent-wise, except for a few guys like Fontenot who - while once a good player - is now a little long in the tooth.

Another thing to consider at this point is how a new player, even a serviceable veteran, will fit in. He won't know our system or personnel, and even if he is marginally better than someone we already have, will he damage the cohesiveness that we have tried to build in the preseason?

All of that being said, we do need O line help, and I wouldn't mind a healthy veteran being brought in.

willis_mchenry
09-06-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't know how good these guys are but Bob Whitfield and Solomon Page I think were cut.

Jayhawk
09-06-2004, 10:06 AM
whitfield is washed out, and PAge stinks

ajsdx
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Now that all of the teams have cut their rosters down to 53, are there any players out there that have just been cut that you think that the Bills should pick up?

And, do you think the Bills will try to sign any of those recently waived players? :scratch:

:perplex: I must admit that I am not all that familiar with the offensive linemen that are out there, but I can help thinking that there's gotta be at least a couple of guys looking for jobs who are considerably better :up: than Pukecillo (:puke: :curse:).

The only guy that I really know anything about is Jerry Fontenot, the center who was just cut by the Saints. I know he's old (37), but he was a Pro Bowl alternate last season and has played every game for the last 5 years (see this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7648268)--and the guy who beat him out, LeCharles Bentley, is no slouch. Given the weak play we've had in the middle of our line, does anyone think that he might be a decent pick-up for a year or two as a back-up? :huh: (Remember that, when he was with the Giants, McNally rejuvenated the career of Lomas Brown at a time when Brown was older than Fontenot is now.)

Can anyone think of any other recently cut O-linemen that the Bills should/might be interested in? :question:

The smiley density of your post exceeds the bounds of good taste.

finsrclowns
09-06-2004, 10:47 AM
The smiley density of your post exceeds the bounds of good taste.

:nerd2: :zipit: :loser: :snicker: :peace: