PDA

View Full Version : Surprise gifts for Bills

The_Philster
09-06-2004, 08:03 AM
The work of the Buffalo Bills' scouting staff in the hours after April's NFL draft paid off for the team on Sunday.
Four undrafted rookie free agents signed after the 255-player selection process was over survived the final cutdown as the Bills trimmed their roster to the NFL's 53-man limit.

Three of the players were from the University of Tennessee, headed by safety Rashad Baker, who was the walk-on sensation of training camp. Baker established himself as the No. 2 free safety on the squad weeks ago and was no surprise to make the club. Neither was his Tennessee backfield mate Jabari Greer, who made the Bills as the fifth cornerback....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040906/1004769.asp)

Drive 4 Five
09-06-2004, 08:32 AM
I was very impressed with the play of Shaud Williams. He has exceptional speed, and flys to the ball on Special Teams. Also I was glad that we were able to uncover some guys that made players like McKenzie and Gildon expendable. That should save some nice caproom, and hopefully will help us later down the road in keeping Jennings and Shobel.

That Guy
09-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Maybe next year, all 15 or so undrafted FAs we get will be from the SEC.

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
FROM THE Buffalo News ARTICLE:------------Three of the players were from the University of Tennessee, headed by safety Rashad Baker, who was the walk-on sensation of training camp.

Wasn't Rashad Baker one of our two 7th round picks?

G. Host
09-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Wasn't Rashad Baker one of our two 7th round picks?

No. Dylan McFarland, who replaced Sullivan, and Jonathan 'Freddie' Smith, who was cut, were our 7th round picks.

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2004, 02:06 PM
No. Dylan McFarland, who replaced Sullivan, and Jonathan 'Freddie' Smith, who was cut, were our 7th round picks.

oh yeah....thanks..Iwas confused.
I had Baker as our 7b on my draft prediction. :doh: