Which players cut will return on Practice squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Which players cut will return on Practice squad?

These I see are possibilities:
    Gerald Dixon, CB, Alabama
    Jasen Esposito, OL, Kutztown
    Luke Lawton, FB, McNeese State
    Jonathan Smith, WR, Georgia Tech
    Rod Trafford, TE, South Carolina
    Greg Zolman, QB, Vanderbilt

Espoosito besides being from Andre's old school played well in NFL Europe. I think he and Dixon fell into the usual problem with playing in NFL Europe - not having enoough left in the tank for training camp and preseason.

Zolman played in NFL Europe too but I think he is brought back to run scouting team. Hopefully they can find a better player and prospect though in cuts.

Lawton lost due to numbers and Burns being injured and can not be released without IR or injury settlement. Later when Burns plays and shows nothing he might get a shot.

Rod Trafford lost on numbers again especially since Bills used a pick on a TE. Bills will hope to develop him for next year.

Smith is not ready for prime time but Bills invested a draft pick for him.

Any of these players might decide they have a better shot on other teams.

Besides these players I think they will look for another QB (need more QBs to practice throwing), some player to develop as a slash player and a LB to develop since they cut Stevenson.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I'm going to add two from the previous cuts...

LB Daryl Towns
    C Dan Koons

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
      I'm going to add two from the previous cuts...

LB Daryl Towns
      C Dan Koons
      I agree but I would add Lawton.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

I like the list. I think Jonathan Smith is the slash type player you suggest and I haven't really seen any others who have any more upside than he does. This leaves openings for a LB and a D-lineman.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Well if Mikey likes LB Daryl Towns and C Dan Koons i can not argue. The key will be what Bills think of other players cut to decide to put on practice squad.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
            • Aug 2004

the only one I would leave off is Zolman, I would try for another qb out there.
            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
              the only one I would leave off is Zolman, I would try for another qb out there.
              I agree and Richard Kent who was a guy i really like in this past draft our of Jackson St (???) was recently released and Id like to bring him in for our PS.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I agree and Richard Kent who was a guy i really like in this past draft our of Jackson St (???) was recently released and Id like to bring him in for our PS.
                I don't mind bringing in Kent or Rod Rutherford. Also after thinking about it not too sure if Koons returns if the Bills thought that much of him not sure why he was cut so soon. If they thought that much of him they would have let him work more but that just IMO.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

They may have tried to have Koons slip under the wire knowing that he was not going to make regular squad and starting OL needed more work in last preseason game.

Comment

Working...
                  X