• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Donahoe hints Gildon ruined his own chance

Donahoe was also disappointed in having to release linebacker Jason Gildon, a 10-year veteran, whom the Bills signed in July. Gildon's 77 career sacks are a Pittsburgh Steelers record, and the Bills had hoped to convert him into a pass-rushing lineman.

Donahoe said Gildon might have had a better chance adjusting to the new position had he been signed last spring.
    AP

Who made the decision to toy with three teams in order to get a better contract? If the decision was by his agent he got bad advice for he was not going to a 3-4 team and needed time to adjust.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
    AP

Who made the decision to toy with three teams in order to get a better contract? If the decision was by his agent he got bad advice for he was not going to a 3-4 team and needed time to adjust.

I thought in the spring Donahoe said that Gildon wasn't a good fit for the team. Sort of hard to blame a guy for not signing when you're telling the papers that he's a bad fit.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Damn what a mean business. Glad TD is the one to do it.

Comment

• bdogg
        • Oct 2003

I did not understand that move! We could have used him, just give him a little time to learn the scheme.

Comment

• NapalmDeath
          • Aug 2004

He didn't do a whole lot in preseason. He didn't stand out or anything, which made him expendable

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
            He didn't do a whole lot in preseason. He didn't stand out or anything, which made him expendable
            and he was always wandering around in training camp, looking bored.

Comment

• carybillsfan
              • Aug 2003

He's old and washed up, get on with it.

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I can't say I am surprised. He sealed his own fate by waiting like 30 days to decide....I am not sorry he is gone.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                  • Jul 2004

I am a bit surprised... But what can you do the Bottom Line Is WInning Games... If he cant contribute in that sceme than Cut him loose. Why use themoney when we need it elese where!!!
                  @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                  X