PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Shaw

bdogg
09-06-2004, 08:54 PM
He is a player that i am excited about this year. Eveyone seems to forget he was our most reliable reciever last year, I look for him to have a even better year.

Mr. Cynical
09-06-2004, 09:01 PM
He is a player that i am excited about this year. Eveyone seems to forget he was our most reliable reciever last year, I look for him to have a even better year.
Agreed.

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
He is definitly a solid #4 WR. I highly doubt his numbers will be as good as last year though.

Brad528
09-06-2004, 09:08 PM
I hope your not hoping he is your starting wr's

tampabay25690
09-06-2004, 09:19 PM

I agree he was the only WR to step up at all when Moulds went down.....Everyone knows he is not a #1 and thats what the Bills wanted him to be last year after Moulds injury, I think he did a great job.....But at best he is a good #3..

George Bush SUCKS
09-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Shaw numbers were on par with Reeds last season, but given the funk our entire O was in last year I guess he was arguably more reliable.

However Shaw is nothing to get overly excited about IMO. He is just a really good depth WR for us. If someone goes down or we are in a 4 WR spread he'll give us an edge where other teams wish they had a 4th WR like Sahw on there team

Tatonka
09-06-2004, 09:49 PM
i have no problem with shaw.. he was our most reliable wr last year.. but i will say this.. if he has a better year than last year, then we have some serious issues.. because that means that we have some guys that are seriously underperforming or injured.

bdogg
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
He is a really smart player, In a crucial situation i am either going to moulds or shaw

cordog
09-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Reliable like fumbling when we were driving against the Eagles or reliable like dropping the two point conversion against the Titans?

bdogg
09-06-2004, 10:18 PM
He caught that ball against the Titans. Tell me who else we have thats more reliable?

cordog
09-06-2004, 10:20 PM
He caught that ball against the Titans. Tell me who else we have thats more reliable?

The dumbass also dropped it when he was trying to show the Refs that he had caught it.

bdogg
09-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Thats true! That was pretty dumb

That Guy
Reliable like fumbling when we were driving against the Eagles or reliable like dropping the two point conversion against the Titans?
It wasn't dropping the two-point conversion... he more-or-less threw the ball.

Everything worked right for Shaw... Moulds injury.. Reed's second-half slump.. still passing every down.. etc... His numbers WON'T improve on last year's unless there are 2-3 wideout injuries this year.

The Spaz
He is a really smart player, In a crucial situation i am either going to moulds or shaw

Sure if were in a 4wr set.

Mr. Cynical
09-07-2004, 12:19 AM
The thing is, he is the only other vet wr we have. Closest is reed w/ 2 years under his belt. I have no delusions that he is a #1 or even a #2, but he did tend to get open more often than not when Drew was in trouble last year. That comes from experience running routes, reading defenses and a decent amount of talent. He's nothing to go nuts over but he is still a good stabilizing force for the wr troops and I'm glad he's in there. And it's not like we are breaking the bank to keep him.

NapalmDeath
09-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Shaw is a solid player but things just fell into place for him. only time we will see him is in a 4wr set or due to injuries.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Shaw is a nice veteran 4th receiver. We need Moulds, Reed and Evans to have better seasons, however, because Shaw is simply a complimentary player who shouldn't be one of our really key WRs.

Kelly The Dog
09-07-2004, 07:23 AM
I see Shaw as being a very valuable and productive player but not putting up very good numbers. If there is a better #4 receiver in the entire league, please list him. I can't think of one. In 4 WR sets, he will go against a young an inexperienced #4 CB on the opposition that MM and TC and DB should be able to exploit. look for a lot of 3rd down catches for firsts this year, which is something Shaw does well anyway. The Bills will pass less, and spread the ball around more, between Evans and Reed and Campbell and Neufeld and the backs, not to mention a healthy Moulds. But Shaw's value may increase while his numbers decrease.

Hemlepp53
09-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Shaws a keeper by all means. No where near a # 1 or 2. Arguements can be made for # 3 or 4.