PDA

View Full Version : So who is our #2 WR??

LarryBoy
09-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Just kinda wondering....the Bills site has Aiken...Ive heard Reed and Evans too...I wanna take Evans in my FF draft, but am kinda scared on how many throws hes gonna get, esp early in the season...thoughts?

Michael82
09-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Just kinda wondering....the Bills site has Aiken...Ive heard Reed and Evans too...I wanna take Evans in my FF draft, but am kinda scared on how many throws hes gonna get, esp early in the season...thoughts?
Josh Reed is the #2 until Lee Evans learns the offense and is ready to take over by midseason.

Bill Brasky
09-06-2004, 11:05 PM

DO NOT take him... Are you nuts??

He will get you very little points as a fantasy player.

As for who's our #2... that's a good question. The way Evans played in preseason he should be our slot guy, but that's not why we brought him in. He really has a lot of impressing to do fairly quickly.

cablesabres68
09-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Take the chance on evans in a late round he will get u points near the midseason and u dont want anyone pickin him up

BAM
09-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Aiken is no where near our 2nd WR. He is listed second behind Moulds on his side of the field, our 2nd is Josh Reed.

LarryBoy
09-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Aiken is no where near our 2nd WR. He is listed second behind Moulds on his side of the field, our 2nd is Josh Reed.

Sorry, my mistake...guess the question is right now I have Joey Galloway, hes kinda the #1 reciever in TB right now....is Evans a better chance then him? Like cablesabres68 said, I kinda dont wanna lose my chance at him if he could be something special...and on my team right now I aslo have Roy Willliams, hoping he will too.

BAM
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Joey Galloway over Evans all day... I'd leave Evans alone for now, if he becomes a stud suddenly or something, I'm sure you can probably pick him up in future if you act fast enough, because I doubt anyone is going to pick him yet...

just my $0.02 :D

Bill Brasky
09-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Sorry, my mistake...guess the question is right now I have Joey Galloway, hes kinda the #1 reciever in TB right now....is Evans a better chance then him? Like cablesabres68 said, I kinda dont wanna lose my chance at him if he could be something special...and on my team right now I aslo have Roy Willliams, hoping he will too.

I hope you have Priest Holmes and another top 15 back as your RB's, or else pull of a super trade, cuz that recieving lineup doesn't sound too promising.

tampabay25690
09-06-2004, 11:51 PM

I will be honest with you, I think Reed is our #2, You can get another WR that will put better #s up then Evans. Just my opinion, I just think its gonna take him a bit to get use to the physical play an speed of the regular season...If I was gonna take a guy late that would be there thats a rookie, go with Micahel Clayton he is the #2 in Tampa and looks pretty good so far..

Just my opinion.....I hope I am wrong and Evans has a great 1st year!!!!!

tampabay25690
09-06-2004, 11:53 PM

I hope you have better WR's then Galloway as your #1!!!!

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 07:09 AM
Josh Reed is the #2 until Lee Evans learns the offense and is ready to take over by midseason.
That sounds right, Mikey. Reed will still get a lot of work in the slot, even when Evans takes over as number 2.

Hemlepp53
09-07-2004, 09:10 AM

Agreed Expect to see him mid season. Things need to get up to pace for him to step in on realtime game play. He needs a good 5 - 6 weeks to prep himself. Expect to see him in on and off throughout those first 5 or so weeks testing the waters.

TigerJ
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Reed pairs with Moulds on two receiver formations, at least early in the season. Lee Evans gets more playing time and has more productivity in the second half. I wouldn't begin to guess how much more.

LarryBoy
09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies....yea, I have better then Galloway...my team right now is:

Farve
McAllister
Barlow
C.Martin
C.Johnson
J.Porter
K. Johnson
Roy Williams
J.Galloway
M.Vanderjadt

I didnt have all that great of a draft, I finished 2nd last year, so I get the 9th pick in the draft.