PDA

View Full Version : Luke Lawton article...

Michael82
09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Lawton's agent has been trying to contact other NFL teams, in hopes of finding a place for the fullback.

After the Bills cut him Sunday, Lawton told 7Sports he expected to make the practice squad and was told he wasn't on the active roster because of injuries to Buffalo's QB's J.P. Losman and Travis Brown; but obviously, that wasn't the case.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2264541&nav=0nqxQcOR

Tatonka
09-07-2004, 12:06 AM
wow.. lied to by the front office.. imagine that.

i am sure that the guys that we are talking to as far as resigning (schobel, jennings, williams) plus future free agents, love to know that the gm and coaches will lie directly to your face like that..

i thought that the players said the thing they really liked about mularky was his honesty.

the front office has not projected that in some of the cuts that we have heard about (brown and now lawton).

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 06:55 AM
I can't figure out why Lawton is not at least on the PS. Joe Burns is a journeyman who was injured almost the entire preseason, so I half expected Lawton to beat him out for a spot on the active roster.

Perhaps Lawton is not a good special teamer, or has some other major flaw in his game, but the Bills seemed high enough on him to at least have PSed him.

G. Host
09-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Maybe Bills did not like him talking to press before they put hom on Practice Squad or thought that Peters was not going on Practice Squad.

George Bush SUCKS
09-07-2004, 07:36 AM
wow.. lied to by the front office.. imagine that.

i am sure that the guys that we are talking to as far as resigning (schobel, jennings, williams) plus future free agents, love to know that the gm and coaches will lie directly to your face like that..

i thought that the players said the thing they really liked about mularky was his honesty.

the front office has not projected that in some of the cuts that we have heard about (brown and now lawton).

or maybe the article is just complete hogwash, and Lawton's quotes are completely fabricated, or a ploy by his agent to get other teams to jump on him.

but that never happens, and we as fans must believe every piece of crap article posted.

The Spaz
09-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Bring back Lawton you bastards.:mad::down:

Kelly The Dog
09-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Or maybe Mularkey and/or TD told Lawton, "Listen, you did everything we asked of you. We had alot of hard decisions to make, and with the injuries to the QBs and safety, we had to let go a couple players we really liked, like you Luke. We hope to get you on the practice squad."

And he heard, "You were great. We let you loose because of the injuries and we'll sign you to the practice squad."

Hemlepp53
09-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Or maybe Mularkey and/or TD told Lawton, "Listen, you did everything we asked of you. We had alot of hard decisions to make, and with the injuries to the QBs and safety, we had to let go a couple players we really liked, like you Luke. We hope to get you on the practice squad."

And he heard, "You were great. We let you loose because of the injuries and we'll sign you to the practice squad."

Good Call. Very Possible... The Negitive Publicity will not hurt a thing we got the RB contriversy going on.. REMEMBER!!! :snooze:

ShadowHawk7
09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
:liar2:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2264541&nav=0nqxQcOR

"After the Bills cut him Sunday, Lawton told 7Sports he expected to make the practice squad and was told he wasn't on the active roster because of injuries to Buffalo's QB's J.P. Losman and Travis Brown; but obviously, that wasn't the case."

Crap.. MORE deception?? :doh: :winkpunch: :tired:

DraftBoy
09-07-2004, 10:29 AM
wow he was lied too that doesnt happen everyday to anybody....who cares he just a FB dime a dozen type of posisition get over it.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Bring back Lawton you bastards.:mad::down:
I hear you.