PDA

View Full Version : I made it!!!!

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 08:01 AM
The Hurricane has passed and I still have no power or phone but I got called into work so I have some computer access.

We made it, with no real bad damage to the house or the cars. My daughter was a little crazy and it is damn hot sleeping in the heat all night but we made it.

Anyone else is South Florida make it out OK and can post?

Someone, please fill me in on the latest Bills news. I was set to watch the replay of the Bills/Lions game when we lost power so I have no idea if we even won the game.....LET ME HAVE IT!!!

ryven
09-07-2004, 08:04 AM
I got through it.

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 08:05 AM
I see you are in Port Charlotte, everything ok now since Charley went through?

The Spaz
09-07-2004, 08:09 AM
We lost 20-17 but we had a very good 90 yard drive which was very balanced with running and pass plays. Shaud William swas great as well in both the running game and return game. We shot ourselves in the foot with penalties though.

ryven
09-07-2004, 08:10 AM
everything is ok I really liked the fact that when Frances hit it was down to a cat. 2 that made things a little more barable(sp?) but Charely took us for a real ride he kicked are butt pretty good but life is moving on and now we are preparing for Ivan.

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Figures. Penalties have been killing us all preseason. Hopefully, we can get that turned around.....Did Shaud make the club?

I hope so, I like the little guy.

The Spaz
09-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Figures. Penalties have been killing us all preseason. Hopefully, we can get that turned around.....Did Shaud make the club?

I hope so, I like the little guy.

Yes Shaud Williams made the team along with 3 Tennesee Volunteers Jabari Greer, Rashad Baker and Constantin Ritzmann.

clumping platelets
09-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Glad to see you're ok :clap:

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I am glad to see those guys made it. I think Baker will be the starter at FS very soon. Glad to see Shaud made it as well. He looked great in college and the few preseaon games I saw him...

justasportsfan
09-07-2004, 08:40 AM
The Hurricane has passed and I still have no power or phone but I got called into work so I have some computer access.

We made it, with no real bad damage to the house or the cars. My daughter was a little crazy and it is damn hot sleeping in the heat all night but we made it.

Someone, please fill me in on the latest Bills news. I was set to watch the replay of the Bills/Lions game when we lost power so I have no idea if we even won the game.....LET ME HAVE IT!!! :up:

Latest camp report:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=53958

tampabay25690
09-07-2004, 08:41 AM

Someone, please fill me in on the latest Bills news. I was set to watch the replay of the Bills/Lions game when we lost power so I have no idea if we even won the game.....LET ME HAVE IT!!!

Glad everything is ok with you....We started getting hit here in Tampa at 1:00 am Sun and lasted until Mon 3:00, alot of the city and near the bay is flooded and alot or trees and power is down, I couldn't imagine having 100 mph winds compared to the 60 mph winds that we got....Well glad you are ok....

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah, the winds were brutal. Pretty much 100 mile an hour winds for about 5 straight hours. It was so bad. The damn storm just seemed to sit over us and spin...

Justa....any word on the TKO sig? Please say yes, please say yes.

justasportsfan
09-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Justa....any word on the TKO sig? Please say yes, please say yes.Sorry. We'll get TKO next year, promise.

Hemlepp53
09-07-2004, 08:59 AM

I got through it as well. South Palm Beach Got Beat Down As Well. Most of the area has up rooted trees, no power (windows open but sewage smell is horrid), leaking sewage, NO Phones. Odd thing is here in my neighborhood have power, phone and leaking sewage. Sucks but Frances wasnt too bad now we have IVAN heading right towards us. This Hurricane Season is out of control...

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Sorry. We'll get TKO next year, promise.

No problem. Thanks to you 2 for all you have done this year. I will send it back to you next year so you and Mikey can try again. You have my address to send them back to right?

DraftBoy
09-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Currently going through Tropical Storm Frances here in Milledgeville, GA. Classes are all cancelled today but we got power and all that good stuff so no worries here! Good to see you all made it through, and get ready for Ivan!

SABURZFAN
09-07-2004, 10:30 AM
glad to see you guys got through it. :up:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-07-2004, 10:43 AM
On Deck: Hurricane Ivan

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I hate Puerto Ricans... :D

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Really happy to hear you Florida guys "weathered" another one. Hope Ivan goes somewhere else (although not here) - you need a break down there.

Billz_fan
09-07-2004, 04:38 PM
I made it also. It was pretty nasty Saturday night and all day Sunday. The back end of the storm was worse than the front here, especially once the center moved off shore and the rain band started dumping ocean water all over us :D

Lost power a couple times but we were lucky and it came back on. My biggest challenge was getting the dog to go outside in it.

Other than that we drank quite a few beers and slept alot :up:

Jan Reimers
09-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Other than that we drank quite a few beers and slept alot :up:
That's how my wife and I made it through Isabel last year. :peace:

Jayhawk
09-08-2004, 08:04 AM
good to hear that we didn't lose any bills fans.

Voltron
09-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Glad to hear you all made it through fine!

Even the Fin fans :snicker:

Looks like Ivan may miss you! :pray:

Halbert
09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Pshsaw, that's nothing. I made it all the way through the Big Money league draft. Now THAT was a disaster!