Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Dolphins: It's official -- Fiedler starts

Dolphins: It's official -- Fiedler starts

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Tuesday, September 7, 2004

News
    Jay Fiedler will be the starting quarterback for the Dolphins on Sunday against the Titans. According to the Miami Herald, coach Dave Wannstedt felt Feidler's better command of the offense and greater mobility gives him the edge against the Titans on Sunday.

Views
    There is no guarantee Fiedler will stay the starter all season, or even beyond Sunday. Jay is not worth a fantasy start, and is worth a roster spot only in very deep leagues. We're betting Feeley still ends up starting more games than Fiedler this season, but neither is an attractive fantasy option.

Say what you want about him, he is undefeated against us! I was really hoping for Feely to beat him out! Fiedler is a savvy QB who knows how to win. Not pretty, but he gets the job done.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

It's always good to spend a #2 pick on a #2 QB.

Comment

• clumping platelets

No Wicky and even more porous OL

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Has Fiedler ever played an entire season?? I think Feely will end up starting at least a game.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          Has Fiedler ever played an entire season?? I think Feely will end up starting at least a game.
          True but if you spend that much on a player you think he would contribute right away.

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

LOL, how bout them Cowboys....They traded a #2 for a 3rd stringer....

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
              Forgot about that and they also passed on Steven Jackson.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                • Aug 2003

Yeah but unfortunately we traded a #1 to them for a guy who's out at least half the season

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

NO, we used next years #1 on a guy to get him a year early. We all knew he wasn't going to play this year.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

NO, we used next years #1 on a guy to get him a year early. We all knew he wasn't going to play this year.
                    plus injuries happen...no way to predict that...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Forgot about that and they also passed on Steven Jackson.

They got Julius Jones who is more of a pure runner then Jackson, and now Jones has one of the greatest in George to learn from.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        They got Julius Jones who is more of a pure runner then Jackson, and now Jones has one of the greatest in George to learn from.
                        That's fine but I think Jackosn is going to be the better of the 2 besides Faulk was no slouch. George looks old and tired and slow I think the Titans did the right thing by letting him go.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

agreed but George is better than anyone at hitting the holes hard and fast. See the problem I see is Faulk is more of a runner and Jackson is more of a bruiser, so it'll be hard for Jackson to learn from Faulk's style of play. George was a pure runner early in his career and can teach Jones those lessons. Just imo.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

#1 in '05, plus a #2 and #5 in '04. And that #2 could have been Jake Grove, a center, who was picked by Norv Turner as Oakland's #2 pick and is starting for them this year. He was still on the board when Dallas used our pick to get Julius Jones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in JP's corner and hope he is a franchise QB. It's been too long since we've had that. But we did give up alot for him, especially considering our current clusterf**k situation on the oline which desperately needs a new C (along with others).

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              #1 in '05, plus a #2 and #5 in '04. And that #2 could have been Jake Grove, a center, who was picked by Norv Turner as Oakland's #2 pick and is starting for them this year. He was still on the board when Dallas used our pick to get Julius Jones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in JP's corner and hope he is a franchise QB. It's been too long since we've had that. But we did give up alot for him, especially considering our current clusterf**k situation on the oline which desperately needs a new C (along with others).
                              Weren't you the guy stomping Bledsoe's nuts all offseason? Bledsoe stinks- replace him! They took steps to do that long term- now we should have used those resources on someone else?

Make up your mind!
                              Last edited by Dozerdog; 09-07-2004, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X