PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.Com did their “Expert Picks”

Patrick76777
09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
They once again left their balls at home. Just about every single one of them picked, NE, Balt, Indy and KC to win the division!

Come on boys, grow a set and go out on a limb for once. Picking the same four as last year! That never happens!

One of the few to stray, Hoge picked the Bills to win the East.

The Spaz
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Way to go Merrill Hoge.:gobills:

ryjam282
09-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Merrill, maybe it's cause he likes Tom Donahoe...Didn't he draft him :D

Mr. Cynical
09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
One of the few to stray, Hoge picked the Bills to win the East.
Methinks Hoge got one too many hits to the ol' coconut during his time in the NFL. :;

I'M A BELIEVER
09-07-2004, 12:45 PM
If I remember correctly, Merrill had our back last year too.....and we sucked even worse than the year before. The Bills could lead to Merrill's eventual undoing if he can't stop betting on us. In all seriousness.....who in their right mind would put the Bills (at this point of the season) in even the top 10?

We might squeak into the top 20.

There are at least 13 teams in a better position to start the season than Buffalo.

1) Panthers
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Vikings
5) Eagles
6) Seahawks
7) Titans
8) Ravens
9) Broncos
10) Chiefs
11) Saints
12) Packers
13) Cowboys

I think that the Raiders, the Rams, Bengals, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Redskins and Falcons are all about on the same level as the Bills....

Bills need a few more pieces of the puzzle (o-line help, pass rush, a solid TE, proven WRs) to be really competitive.

Maybe next year....

Patrick76777
09-07-2004, 12:50 PM
If I remember correctly, Merrill had our back last year too.....and we sucked even worse than the year before. The Bills could lead to Merrill's eventual undoing if he can't stop betting on us. In all seriousness.....who in their right mind would put the Bills (at this point of the season) in even the top 10?

There are at least 13 teams in a better position to start the season than Buffalo.

1) Panthers
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Vikings
5) Eagles
6) Seahawks
7) Titans
8) Ravens
9) Broncos
10) Chiefs
11) Saints
12) Packers
13) Cowboys

I think that the Raiders, the Rams, Bengals, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Redskins and Falcons are all about on the same level as the Bills....

Bills need a few more pieces of the puzzle (o-line help, pass rush, a solid TE, proven WRs) to be really competitive.

Maybe next year....

Why not. You're no better than all those guys who picked all of last year's top teams. As a matter of fact your top 13 is full of the same teams that were in the top 13 from last year. I mean only 2 of your top 13 didn't make the playoffs last year. And that's fine, I'm not hatin, but there are always a few teams who sucked or were average the year before who come in and have great years.

The_Philster
09-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Way to go, Merrill :up:
Len Pasquarelli (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview04/news/story?id=1873239) was the only one to pick us for a wild card

Romes
09-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Hoge also picked Mularkey to be the coach of the year.

Philagape
09-07-2004, 06:53 PM

1) Panthers
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Vikings
5) Eagles
6) Seahawks
7) Titans
8) Ravens
9) Broncos
10) Chiefs
11) Saints
12) Packers
13) Cowboys

I dunno about the Saints and Cowboys. Saints have a mediocre defense and O-line ... as for Dallas, their offense has a combined age of 800,000 years

TigerJ
09-07-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm glad Hoge is a believer, but I have to say New England hasn't given anyone any significant reasons why they shouldn't repeat. I'm holding out for a wild card berth this year.

RedEyE
09-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I always thought Buffalo played better as underdogs. As soon as they're expected to do well, they stink up the joint.

Ickybaluky
09-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Vic Carucci picks (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7654041) the Pats to repeat.

He picks the Bills for 3rd in the AFC East, after the Pats and Jets but ahead of Miami.

ShadowHawk7
09-07-2004, 10:21 PM

1) Panthers
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Vikings
5) Eagles
6) Seahawks
7) Titans
8) Ravens
9) Broncos
10) Chiefs
11) Saints
12) Packers
13) Cowboys

Maybe next year....

We are defineitly better than the Saints, Cowboys, and Broncos, IMO. Also we should be able to take the Raiders, Jags, and Falcons down.
If you do the math, (add Bengals, Bucs, Skins, Rams, subtract Denver, Cowboys, Saints.) we sit squarely at #15 in those power rankings. Which seems like a fair spot to me.