X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

ESPN.Com did their “Expert Picks”

They once again left their balls at home. Just about every single one of them picked, NE, Balt, Indy and KC to win the division!

Come on boys, grow a set and go out on a limb for once. Picking the same four as last year! That never happens!

One of the few to stray, Hoge picked the Bills to win the East.
    Last edited by Patrick76777; 09-07-2004, 12:35 PM.
    Resign our own guys!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Way to go Merrill Hoge.

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Merrill, maybe it's cause he likes Tom Donahoe...Didn't he draft him

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
        One of the few to stray, Hoge picked the Bills to win the East.
        Methinks Hoge got one too many hits to the ol' coconut during his time in the NFL.

Comment

• I'M A BELIEVER
          • Jun 2004

If I remember correctly, Merrill had our back last year too.....and we sucked even worse than the year before. The Bills could lead to Merrill's eventual undoing if he can't stop betting on us. In all seriousness.....who in their right mind would put the Bills (at this point of the season) in even the top 10?

We might squeak into the top 20.

There are at least 13 teams in a better position to start the season than Buffalo.

1) Panthers
          2) Patriots
          3) Colts
          4) Vikings
          5) Eagles
          6) Seahawks
          7) Titans
          8) Ravens
          9) Broncos
          10) Chiefs
          11) Saints
          12) Packers
          13) Cowboys

I think that the Raiders, the Rams, Bengals, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Redskins and Falcons are all about on the same level as the Bills....

Bills need a few more pieces of the puzzle (o-line help, pass rush, a solid TE, proven WRs) to be really competitive.

Maybe next year....
          Men are clinging to football on a level we aren't even aware of. For centuries, we ruled everything, and now, in the last ten minutes, there are all these incursions by women. It's our Alamo. ~Tony Kornheiser
          =========================
          I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body. ~Dave Barry

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
            If I remember correctly, Merrill had our back last year too.....and we sucked even worse than the year before. The Bills could lead to Merrill's eventual undoing if he can't stop betting on us. In all seriousness.....who in their right mind would put the Bills (at this point of the season) in even the top 10?

There are at least 13 teams in a better position to start the season than Buffalo.

1) Panthers
            2) Patriots
            3) Colts
            4) Vikings
            5) Eagles
            6) Seahawks
            7) Titans
            8) Ravens
            9) Broncos
            10) Chiefs
            11) Saints
            12) Packers
            13) Cowboys

I think that the Raiders, the Rams, Bengals, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Redskins and Falcons are all about on the same level as the Bills....

Bills need a few more pieces of the puzzle (o-line help, pass rush, a solid TE, proven WRs) to be really competitive.

Maybe next year....

Why not. You're no better than all those guys who picked all of last year's top teams. As a matter of fact your top 13 is full of the same teams that were in the top 13 from last year. I mean only 2 of your top 13 didn't make the playoffs last year. And that's fine, I'm not hatin, but there are always a few teams who sucked or were average the year before who come in and have great years.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Way to go, Merrill
              Len Pasquarelli was the only one to pick us for a wild card
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Hoge also picked Mularkey to be the coach of the year.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

1) Panthers
                  2) Patriots
                  3) Colts
                  4) Vikings
                  5) Eagles
                  6) Seahawks
                  7) Titans
                  8) Ravens
                  9) Broncos
                  10) Chiefs
                  11) Saints
                  12) Packers
                  13) Cowboys

I dunno about the Saints and Cowboys. Saints have a mediocre defense and O-line ... as for Dallas, their offense has a combined age of 800,000 years
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I'm glad Hoge is a believer, but I have to say New England hasn't given anyone any significant reasons why they shouldn't repeat. I'm holding out for a wild card berth this year.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I always thought Buffalo played better as underdogs. As soon as they're expected to do well, they stink up the joint.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Vic Carucci picks the Pats to repeat.

He picks the Bills for 3rd in the AFC East, after the Pats and Jets but ahead of Miami.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

1) Panthers
                          2) Patriots
                          3) Colts
                          4) Vikings
                          5) Eagles
                          6) Seahawks
                          7) Titans
                          8) Ravens
                          9) Broncos
                          10) Chiefs
                          11) Saints
                          12) Packers
                          13) Cowboys

Maybe next year....
                          We are defineitly better than the Saints, Cowboys, and Broncos, IMO. Also we should be able to take the Raiders, Jags, and Falcons down.
                          If you do the math, (add Bengals, Bucs, Skins, Rams, subtract Denver, Cowboys, Saints.) we sit squarely at #15 in those power rankings. Which seems like a fair spot to me.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                          X