PDA

View Full Version : I cant help but comparing....

lunatic_bills_fan
11-06-2002, 01:53 PM
The Bills to the Packers. We may very well have a better offence overall, their RB is a bit better than ours at the present time, but rest of our offence especially WR's more than make up for it. Our defence talent for talent is no worse than theirs for sure, they have been riddled with injuries so far this year. Yet they are a 7-1 team, and have played descent teams. IMO this could only be due to the fact that the Pack run very basic 4-3 and nickel packages. Makes me wander if things would be different if we tried some of the same stuff, or am I just plain mising something.:scratch:

lunatic_bills_fan
11-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Im so baffled I even spelled comparing wrong. Damn I wish beer didnt kill so many brain cells. :stupid:

clumping platelets
11-06-2002, 02:02 PM
Their DL is vastly superior to ours

BillsOwnAll
11-06-2002, 02:14 PM
we should try the "roming defense" maybe it will work

Novacane
11-06-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Their DL is vastly superior to ours

And that's an understatement!

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is awesome.

Plus they have a DC that knows what he is doing

SABURZFAN
11-06-2002, 03:59 PM
the PACKERS are a much better team than ours.there's no comparison when it comes to the coaches either.

WCoastFin
11-06-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
we should try the "roming defense" maybe it will work

London Fletcher might roam to the locker room before halftime after they run up the score on them.:friends:

shelby
11-06-2002, 05:20 PM
GRAY:chair:shelby

wtoast.....the same could be said about Zach Thomas' performance Monday night....
:lol:

Marcos20
11-06-2002, 06:21 PM
KGB is really awesome ...
instead that ... COACHING IS THE KEY!!!

colin
11-06-2002, 10:40 PM
GB is a better team because they have a continuity that we can't touch. They never really got into salary cap jail, and the O and D systems are pretty set. Our O is better than theirs, but we need to throw a few running plays in and our D is garbage. We are 3 or 4 good quality players from having the same kind of talent they do on D. Our coaches are really suspect in my mind too.

I wonder if GB has what it takes to go to the big show this year, they would get beaten by Denver or San Diego IMO.

Judge
11-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Refresh my recollection: how was GB expected to do this season in the preseason rags? I don't recall them being touted as an NFC power, but may be wrong.

GB beat Miami by only 1 more point than we did, and they played Miami on their own turf- we destroyed Miami on the road.

Who has GB beaten? Their division blows, doesn't it? I mean, really, REALLY blows!

Can anyone else spell "overrated" when it comes to the Packers? They're no better than any other NFL team.

SABURZFAN
11-07-2002, 02:54 AM
they may have beaten the FISH 1 point better than we did but they blew out new england,28-10,on the road.that game wasn't nowhere near as the score indicates.now you have a 49 point difference.green bay has some good coaches.we got a bunch of chumps.

WG
11-07-2002, 05:49 AM
"Who has GB beaten? Their division blows, doesn't it? I mean, really, REALLY blows!"

Well, we play them in what, 5 weeks? So we'll know exactly the differences between the teams and which one is better.

One of the primary differences between them and the Bills however is the greater balance they have on O between passing and running the ball.

Typ0
11-07-2002, 07:38 AM
They will probably handle us but if we can pull off an upset in Lambeau will there be a lot of "fluke" explanations or some actual respect for a decent accomplishment?

vabillsfan
11-07-2002, 11:46 AM
They're 7-1 and we're 5-4. That's all the matters. Who cares who beat who by how much. A win is a win, a loss a loss. How many times did we squeak by during our glory years? How many blowouts? Did it matter really? We were still 0-4-4. It comes down to coaching and making the necessary adjustments. We didn't do a good job in the SB years and we don't do a good job of that now. But, we still have 5 wins, good enough to be a half game out of first place.

WG
11-07-2002, 11:52 AM
"They will probably handle us but if we can pull off an upset in Lambeau will there be a lot of "fluke" explanations or some actual respect for a decent accomplishment?"

You tell us!

Suppose for the sake of argument, we go 1-4 prior to that while losing handily to K.C., N.E., and S.D. while struggling against the Jets and Miami at home, what will you say? Will we be #6 in the "power ratings" b/c we happen to beat the Pack that weak, probably b/c they have some injuries?

It all depends upon what happens prior to and en route to that game.

WG
11-07-2002, 12:00 PM
lunatic,

I don't think there's much of an argument that talent-wise we match up well w/ the Packers. No one in their right mind would take Glenn and Driver over Moulds and Price, although I'd swap out Price for Driver in a NY second.

As to Green v. Henry, there's a bigger gap there. Green is proven and doesn't fumble nearly as much. His worst game is also 72 yards vice numerous games below 70 and even 60 for Henry. Having said that however, that is not all Henry's fault. Gilbride simply doesn't allow him to get the carries. Nevertheless, Henry's nowhere near as consistent as Green and that's what we need in Buffalo, consistency in rushing performance. Drew's numbers would be better if we had that.

On D there is no comparison as they have a very good DL to our second-string DL. On offense, while they may not be as good as us talent-wise, then how come they are putting up more PPG than we are? Interesting, don't you think? Certainly the schedules have not been that much different, and if so, I'd give the more difficult schedule to G.B. anyway up 'til now.

I simply think, that just like many teams the Pats included, they are doing more with less b/c they have far superior coaching.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-08-2002, 08:39 AM
No argument here, Sherman is hard workin coach, hav e a lot of respect for that guy. At first people didnt know if he could fill the shoes, but he has done the job well. Just think what they would be like with Chimura and Franks at TE, with Green in the backfeild, that would make an already well rounded offence just plain outright SCARY!

WG
11-08-2002, 09:28 AM
lunatic,

You a huge Wallace & Grommet fan? Those are hysterical. Especially the original "Creature comforts."

MadTownPackFan
11-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Judge
Refresh my recollection: how was GB expected to do this season in the preseason rags? I don't recall them being touted as an NFC power, but may be wrong.

GB beat Miami by only 1 more point than we did, and they played Miami on their own turf- we destroyed Miami on the road.

Who has GB beaten? Their division blows, doesn't it? I mean, really, REALLY blows!

Can anyone else spell "overrated" when it comes to the Packers? They're no better than any other NFL team.

The Packers were picked to win their division by most rags I read. Also, we went up 24-0 on Miami, then they came back with 10 points in garbage time. Yes, our division blows. Your take that they are no better than any NFL team is something that will be proven out in the future, but I believe they will go to and win the superbowl. Stay tuned.

Novacane
11-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by MadTownPackFan

but I believe they will go to and win the superbowl. Stay tuned.

If they get home field they will definately be there IMO. If I had to pick now I would pick a Green Bay vs. Denver SB.

MadTownPackFan
11-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

If they get home field they will definately be there IMO. If I had to pick now I would pick a Green Bay vs. Denver SB.

That's what most of us are hoping for. A SB XXXII rematch in San Diego. SWEET! :pow: