• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shotgun
    stop smokeing for your own health
    • May 2004

tsn.ca call the bills a bunch of losers

(Sports Network) - Among those who recall Scott Norwood, the Music City Miracle, or four straight Super Bowl defeats, the Buffalo Bills have acquired a reputation as lovable losers. The label is undeserved, of cours :machgun: e tsn.ca
    Last edited by shotgun; 09-07-2004, 07:58 PM. Reason: edit
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by shotgun
    http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/feature.asp?fid=9878

(Sports Network) - Among those who recall Scott Norwood, the Music City Miracle, or four straight Super Bowl defeats, the Buffalo Bills have acquired a reputation as lovable losers. The label is undeserved, of cours :machgun: e tsn.ca

UMMMM do you work for the republican party and/or Bill O'reilly? can you say out of context?

let me finish the paragraph....

Among those who recall Scott Norwood, the Music City Miracle, or four straight Super Bowl defeats, the Buffalo Bills have acquired a reputation as lovable losers. The label is undeserved, of course. The franchise was one of the most consistent NFL winners of the 1990s, posting eight 10-or-more-win campaigns during the decade. It just couldn't get over the hump on the biggest of stages. In this millennium, however, the loser tag has begun to gain some viability. Buffalo has gone four straight seasons without posting a winning record or playoff berth, and enters 2004 hot on the heels of the disastrous Gregg Williams era, in which the former head coach guided the team to just 17 wins in three years.

now the way i read it, they are saying we are NOT losers but were in fact consisten winners except over the last few years.... seems fair to me.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Let me get this straight, a sports website based in Canada is calling the Bills "losers?"
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
        Let me get this straight, a sports website based in Canada is calling the Bills "losers?"

again.. if you read the whole thing... no.. they aren't and 2- what does it matter where they are from??

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I went back and reread it, Canadien. You're right, they don't call this edition of the Bills "losers," but suggest .500 is a reasonable expectation and 10 wins (my prediction for the season) is possible. My slightly disparaging remark is not meant to slam Canada, but a Canadien website that I mistakenly perceived to be calling the Bills 'losers." While Canada is a great country, Canadien sports are far more limited than sports in the US. I apologize for my mistake.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• hurls
            • Oct 2003

shotgun my friend, this is not good for you. You get a fresh start, and you stink the joint up. C'Mon buckaroo, show me something like the old AOL days. Stick to hockey. And by the way, your signature is the TOPS, if you would change the first "in", to "it", it'll make more sense. But I agree with Old Big Flamer being an idiot.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              I went back and reread it, Canadien. You're right, they don't call this edition of the Bills "losers," but suggest .500 is a reasonable expectation and 10 wins (my prediction for the season) is possible. My slightly disparaging remark is not meant to slam Canada, but a Canadien website that I mistakenly perceived to be calling the Bills 'losers." While Canada is a great country, Canadien sports are far more limited than sports in the US. I apologize for my mistake.

they actually predicted 9-7.

TSN is actually jsut an offshoot of ESPN.... their news show is Sportscentre (yup re)

They report all sports news in both Canada and the US... thye justgivea bit more weight to Canadian stories (such as NHL), but their people are knowledgeable in general... I think they actually gave us a bit more props than many of theso called experts... maybe because they are Toronto weigted and southern ontario fans of the NFL are mostly Bills fans.

I wouldn't take their word over ESPN, but they at least have some legitimacy.

No biggie.

Comment

Working...
              X