• Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Patriots scrambling at running back

Battle of the injured

Colts' secondary hurting
    The Colts' secondary is in bad shape heading into the opener and it's going to be a worry for the first few weeks of the season. Having Joseph Jefferson out with a sprained knee hurts because it leaves the Colts thin at the corners. Nick Harper and Donald Strickland can start but rookies Jason David and Von Hutchins have to come off the bench and be the third and fourth cornerbacks. Figuring Corey Dillon is the only halfback available in the season-opening game against the Colts, the Patriots are expected to spread the field with four or maybe five receivers. The Colts won't know until Wednesday whether strong safety Cory Bird will be cleared to play. He will undergo tests for a concussion.

Patriots scrambling at running back
    If you think the Patriots are leaving themselves thin at quarterback by not having a backup better than Rohan Davey, wait until you see what they are doing at running back. Kevin Faulk won't play because he's tending to his sick mother. That leaves Corey Dillon as the only halfback on the 53-man roster. It leaves Patrick Pass as the only fullback on the roster. The Patriots kept three tight ends and can use one as an H-back.
    From ESPN in Clayton's Quick Hits
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I guess the Patsies' roster I just looked at must not be current, because it had Cedric Cobbs listed as their 3rd RB.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

No, I see that Cobbs is on the PUP list. The Patsies really ARE thin at RB.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Go Colts!
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
          Go Colts!

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
          X