PDA

View Full Version : Two Bills QBs among Top Ten All-Time

ajsdx
09-08-2004, 04:25 PM
According to Duane Cross...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/09/07/top.qbs/index.html

But Doug Flutie...really??? I don't know anyone who would say he is a top-ten QB off the top of their head (his BC Hail Mary notwithstanding).

Slim
09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Doug Flutie #10 are u kidding me , i like flutie but i think we have ahd bills qbs better than flutie(besides kelly who is the best bills qb of all time).

juice
09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Doug Flutie #10 are u kidding me , i like flutie but i think we have ahd bills qbs better than flutie(besides kelly who is the best bills qb of all time).

Bledsoe had the Greatest Statistical Season.

carybillsfan
09-08-2004, 07:15 PM
What a bunch of crap, they included CFL numbers...whats next Lawrence Phillips is the greatest runningback

Jan Reimers
09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
For those of us old enough to have watched every QB since the early '50s, the question is: Who is number 2 - Marino, Elway, Kelly, Favre or Montana? Number 1 of all time is clearly Johnny Unitas.

bledslow
09-08-2004, 07:35 PM
montana is number one(without a doubt) -johhny U would have agreed with that.

G. Host
09-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Football is football even when it is the Canadian version. Too many diss QBs in CFL when many have came down to US and performed very well. Moon was very good at one point and Garcia showed a lot and yes Flutie did although his career was better in Canada.

And I would not have included Dan Marino - handing off is part of a QBs duties and he got RBs killed!

Jayhawk
09-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Dougie F was a good qb if you include the CFL. But if you don't, rob johnson is a better qb

Jan Reimers
09-08-2004, 07:49 PM
montana is number one(without a doubt) -johhny U would have agreed with that.
Montana was a great system QB. He was the best and most accurate West Coast - dink and dunk - QB ever. Johnny U had more tools. He had the arm and the other skills to be great in ANY offensive scheme. And I think Montana would acknowledge that fact.

G. Host
09-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Dougie F was a good qb if you include the CFL. But if you don't, rob johnson is a better qb

Rob Johnson was not a good QB if you included NFLE QBs.

LabattBlue
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Where is Steve Young on the list?? Check out his career TD versus INT totals....

Games 169
Comp 2667
Att 4149
Pct 64.3
Yds 33124
Y/A 8.0
TD 232
INT 107
RUSHES 722
RUSH YDS 4239
RUSH TDS 43

ajsdx
09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Montana was a great system QB. He was the best and most accurate West Coast - dink and dunk - QB ever. Johnny U had more tools. He had the arm and the other skills to be great in ANY offensive scheme. And I think Montana would acknowledge that fact.

Montana is the greatest winner on the list, without much argument. He did have Rice as his primary receiver, and I could do pretty well chucking the ball to him. I'm not sure how well Unitas would have done in this era, though. He's a game winner, and as such, also a game loser. His accuracy (the most important single attribute of a QB today) was not very good. His greatest element is negated today -- his ability to call his own plays.

I'd say as far as pure QB skills go, it's Marino. He wasn't mobile, he wasn't the greatest leader, he wasn't a winner. But he, without question, was the greatest QB of all time.

Turf
09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Flutie hasn't even played long enough to get into a pro bowl. OK, maybe 1 probowl.
Flutie has almost NO NFL experience. How could he possibly be top 10?
CFL? Baaaah, yeah right.