X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carybillsfan
    • Aug 2003

Not again

Travis Henry will be the Buffalo Bills starter on opening day, leaving Willis McGahee to settle for playing backup.

I just don't like what comes out of willis' mouth. There's no denying it this time , he said it.
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Willis reminds me of Ricky Williams!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I'd like to read that in context... picking out a sentence here and there isnt showing the whole truth. Obviously he isnt happy about warming the bench, nor should he be! Any player content with sitting on the bench, doesnt deserve a paycheck, nor the ability to wear a bills jersey.

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

He's starting to piss me off.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          I'd like to read that in context... picking out a sentence here and there isnt showing the whole truth. Obviously he isnt happy about warming the bench, nor should he be! Any player content with sitting on the bench, doesnt deserve a paycheck, nor the ability to wear a bills jersey.
          This is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for putting it into words for me.
          1 - Never trust the media or their use of quotes. They've been trying to fuel a RB controversy for months
          2- These guys are competitors and, hopefully, it'll only make each of them better.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

For the umpteenth time, please consider that the media has to report everything that comes out of either Henry's or McGahee's mouth. They continue to bait each one, through continual badgering, into saying something that can be construed as controversial.

Are you actually surprised that both - being major stars since little loop football - want to be the feature back here? I'm not. I consider their responses to the media to be normal - and healthy - for two highly competitive athletes.

Let's enjoy having two very good running backs on the same roster for at least one season, and not let the media spoil it.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

I hate to say I told you so, but....

There is no example in the NFL that I will buy as being the same as WM/TH. This situation is unique, and controversy is inevitable. Our only hope is that they both play as if they want to increase their trade value. However, if this also turns out to be a locker room divider, the Bills will suffer.

Comment

• BUFFALONRTH76
                • Aug 2004

I hope it doesn't turn into a locker room devider!! Sounds like Willis needs a little sorting out.... He has really done nothing, and to make such comments, but I agree about the media part of this as well... I dug what Travis said in reaction though too! He sounds like a real team guy!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                  That's exactly what he said:

"I don't want to be no backup," McGahee said Wednesday. "But you know, they're paying me. They're paying me a good salary. So to be a backup, I'll be a backup."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                    I hate to say I told you so, but....

There is no example in the NFL that I will buy as being the same as WM/TH. This situation is unique, and controversy is inevitable. Our only hope is that they both play as if they want to increase their trade value. However, if this also turns out to be a locker room divider, the Bills will suffer.
                    Unlike many of you, I think the competition between Travis and Willis will be great for this season. It will make Willis work that much harder to get back to 100%, and Travis to give it every thing he has to keep his number 1 spot.

If you want to dwell on the contrived controversy, so be it. I'm going to enjoy having 2 great running backs this season, and let the future - not the media - resolve this situation.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Optimist, SB
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Willis should keep his mouth shut. He hasnt even played in a real game yet and I havent seen anything special out of him in any of the preseason games.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

I was timid about mentioning this.... but I will anyway.

My younger brother was in a bar across from his apartment a few nights ago and ran into E Moulds. He said they talked for about a half an hour, just shooting the ****. Well, here, I will just post the IM message:

[17:38] JaredBrec: i talked to eric moulds on saturday
                        [17:38] ShipUPride: no ****!
                        [17:39] JaredBrec: for like a half an hour
                        [17:39] ShipUPride: where was he?
                        [17:39] JaredBrec: at the bar right behind my house
                        [17:39] JaredBrec: hes always here
                        [17:39] ShipUPride: thats awesome!
                        [17:39] JaredBrec: yea it was cool.. he was sayin how he feels great... and then talked about the quarterback posistion..
                        [17:40] JaredBrec: the th and magahee thing came up.. he said thats just a big joke.. he said for one thing th is the back and willis is not going to be going anywhere'
                        [17:40] JaredBrec: it was just funny how he said it

Take it for what its worth, but I have never known my brother to make stuff like that up. Just thought I would share.

Comment

• CAbills
                          • Jul 2004

What to you want him to say? I am complacent(sp?) about just sitting on the bench? Great players, want to be on the field.
                          Lets Go Buffalo!
                          Boiler Up!

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

that's phat Pride, if your brother is anything like you, I trust him.

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

I was going to post this earlier but you beat me to it.
                              Overall I think it sucks, and I think McGahee regardless of what he "really" means, whatever the hell that is, needs to learn how to address the entrapping questions of the media.
                              BTW, did anyone notice Willis was listed as probable this week? What is his injury? He ought to shut up.
                              Last edited by Turf; 09-08-2004, 08:54 PM.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X