X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

McGahee settles for backup role behind Henry

Travis Henry will be the Buffalo Bills starter on opening day, leaving Willis McGahee to settle for playing backup.

McGahee said Wednesday he can live with the role, but he doesn't have to like it. "That's their decision, it ain't mine," McGahee said after practice. "That's all I can say about that. I'm not worried about it. My time will come. ... Only one person can start and unfortunately he's the one that's starting."
    ..http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...905EDT0465.DTL
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Don't like his attitude..
    "Don't want to be no backup, but hey, their payin me."
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Actions speak louder than words so right now I don't care what they say if they produce on the field all of this is.

Comment

• Decadeofthe90's
        • Sep 2004

Don't like it one bit....yes, the media may have had something to do with this but I have heard plenty of people say that Travis needs to keep his mouth shut...well I think it's obvious McGAYee needs to keep his mouth shut....I mean both backs should know by now what the media's attentions are and by saying anything in that type of text will be printed.....I've heard alot of people say "Travis needs to shut up" and everything I've heard come out of Travis mouth lately has been team oriented and vey positive. Maybe Travis understands that he indeed is the BEST back the bills have on their team and Willis has a WAY togo still. Infact everybody thinks ( for some reason ?) that Willis WILL return to his old form but to be honest there are no guarantees especially given what Willis's knee went threw.

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

I think Travis realizes Henry is not replacing him now after his performance as starter in preseason games.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
            I think Travis realizes Henry is not replacing him now after his performance as starter in preseason games.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
              We're spending so much time and energy on what is essentially a non-issue that we're getting the names mixed up.

They both want to play. They're both highly competitive. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Why does this bother some fans so much?
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                We're spending so much time and energy on what is essentially a non-issue that we're getting the names mixed up.

They both want to play. They're both highly competitive. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Why does this bother some fans so much?

EXACTLY!

Would Bills fans rather have McGahee sitting back and not fighting for the starting job....content to be a backup? Hey, if you ask me....Willis has to be real hungry to play after a year and a half without REAL competition.
                He is a competitor, and a gamer, and I am glad he has the fire in his belly to want the ball. All skill position players should have that kind of desire.
                You don't come all the way through what Willis went through to just hand a job that has even a slim chance of being yours to the other guy. You fight for it anyway you can. And if you come up short, at least a) the team knows you are hungry and are ready to lay it on the line b)the other guy (Travis) can feel him breathing down his neck!
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                X