PDA

View Full Version : Bills tighten their grip on pass rush

The Spaz
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension Wednesday with the Buffalo Bills in a deal that was largely about pressure.

Schobel took pressure off himself for this season. The Bills took pressure off themselves next March.

The extension includes a signing bonus of $6.75 million and is worth an average of $3.8 million over six years. Schobel was entering the last year of a rookie contract that paid him $711,000 a year. He's now signed through 2009.

"Three years ago if I would have known I'd be making this after three years . . . I'm so happy. Maybe I left something on the table, maybe I didn't. It's over with and I'm happy."

The $23 million deal includes a roster bonus of $2 million scheduled to be paid next March. By signing now, Schobel has financial security and does not have to worry about how his play this year affects his market value.

"This is probably easier on my mind just because financially it's done," he said.

"I wanted to stay here. I like playing in this defense. I like the scheme. I like the people."

The move is key for the Bills because they have two other linemen set to be free agents next March - offensive tackle Jonas Jennings and defensive tackle Pat Williams.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040909/1060584.asp

Hemlepp53
09-09-2004, 09:27 AM
I Love The Fact We Got Him Untill 2009. Hes the man.... Seemed very humble from what i read on his comments on the deal closing. We got a good player.. a good team player!!!

ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Kudos to both him and Donohoe. Is there a DE (not still under their rookie contract) with double digit sacks making less than he is? I'm too lazy to look, but I'm gonna guess that's a no.