PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the bye week.

justasportsfan
09-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Although we usually like having our bye week at the middle of the season, having it early instead is not such a bad thing. We get to go to the drawing board and address this new system under Mularkey and see what's working and what isn't early into the season. It's not a bad thing for a team w/ a new philosophy.

The Jags have a great run D. We get to test our running game w/ them. They will stack the line w/ 8 players and we will get to see Evans and Moulds go deep when the Jags do.

The Raiders scare me. They have one impressive D with Ted Washington leading the way . Norv Turner has put up one hell of an OL and should test our DL especially Kelsay/Denney. Then we get to rest and game plan for a division rival.

Sounds good to me.

Hemlepp53
09-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Ha.. After hearing it put that way I agree could pan out to be a decent situation after all. Just hope we dont need a week off say week 10 or so. But overall your thoughts sound pretty good to me!!! Goto the drawing board on issuse we need addressed instead of taking the time out when other issuse are pressing.

carybillsfan
09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
I like the early bye week, look at Philly last year went into the week 3 bye 0-2 came out of it with a win against us week 4 and went on to win the NFC. I'd much rather have time off early in the season to get things straightened out before they get out of control and players lose their confidence. I think even if you go 2-0 there are still gonna be things that need to be fixed this early in the season.

Hemlepp53
09-09-2004, 08:52 AM
I like the early bye week, look at Philly last year went into the week 3 bye 0-2 came out of it with a win against us week 4 and went on to win the NFC. I'd much rather have time off early in the season to get things straightened out before they get out of control and players lose their confidence. I think even if you go 2-0 there are still gonna be things that need to be fixed this early in the season.

Agreed... It did Benifit Philly greatly. Look where they ended up at the end of the season. That actully might of played a HUGE part in it. So with all that said and done.. I remain with 10 - 6 with a Playoff Apperance...

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-09-2004, 09:36 AM
There should be 1 bye week for everyone at the same time...right smack in the middle. They could do like a All Star weekend type deal or something without the game of course.

Jan Reimers
09-09-2004, 01:39 PM
The 3rd week bye also means Milloy and Losman miss one less game. Early byes work well when you have preseason or early season injuries.

Hemlepp53
09-09-2004, 02:48 PM
The 3rd week bye also means Milloy and Losman miss one less game. Early byes work well when you have preseason or early season injuries.

Ohh Correct... That is a beautiful thing... Man you guys are on it up in here.

TigerJ
09-09-2004, 04:57 PM
As far as Losman is concerned, the timing of the bye is pretty much irrelavant. It does reduce by one the number of games Milloy will miss. An early bye can be an advantage in certain situations, but most of the time I would rather have a midseason bye. We'll see how it turns out.

Jan Reimers
09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
As far as Losman is concerned, the timing of the bye is pretty much irrelavant. It does reduce by one the number of games Milloy will miss. An early bye can be an advantage in certain situations, but most of the time I would rather have a midseason bye. We'll see how it turns out.
I was thinking more in terms of a shorter - perhaps 8 week - recovery period for Losman. Then the early bye would get him back one game sooner. If it's 12 weeks or longer, then I agree, it doesn't do us much good.