PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher liked that Bills wanted him

lordofgun
07-29-2002, 09:04 AM
His itinerary called for stops in Buffalo, Detroit and Pittsburgh, the three teams that had shown the greatest interest. He was prepared to jet elsewhere as needed. Sorry, Detroit. Later, Pittsburgh. Fletcher's tour started and ended in Buffalo. "I was very impressed with the organization," Fletcher explains. "Everyone I met overwhelmed me and kind of blew me away.

"My gut feeling was telling me this is the place for me. It was going to be hard for other teams to outdo Buffalo in the direction I feel the organization is headed and the way the organization is run."

"I've always won, whatever level I've played at. I'm used to winning," he says. "That's the only thing I'll accept, and I won't accept anything less from my teammates. I want to bring an attitude to this team. Teams are not going to see Buffalo and count a win toward their total. If anything, it's going to be the other way around."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2002-07-29-2002-07-29-fletcher_x.htm

JefftheBillsfan
07-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Sounds like my type of player

The Shadow
07-29-2002, 09:37 AM
"Teams are not going to see Buffalo and count a win toward their total. If anything, it's going to be the other way around."

Quote of the season!!!!! Lay the wood Fletch!!!!!

BigMike68
07-29-2002, 01:37 PM
So what were we saying.............Sam who???????

WagonCircler
07-29-2002, 04:14 PM
You know, Sam, the guy over there limping.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2002, 05:22 PM
fletcher's from cleveland and probably wanted to play close to home.i read an article somewhere that he like to do community work.that was another reason why he liked buffalo.to me,that's another plus.(can't get into too much trouble)

BillsNYC
07-29-2002, 05:46 PM
i think fletcher will prove to be a bigger offseason grab than bledsoe...i love this guy..he's gonna lead on the field, in the locker room, and in the community.