X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GOBILLSGO!!!
    • Sep 2002

Aikmen wearing teal?!?!

The Miami Dolphins indirectly contacted Troy Aikman to determine his interest in becoming their starting quarterback until Jay Fiedler returns, a team source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Are they going to inquire about Mark Duper next????
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Welcome to the zone GOBILLSGO! :)

(just fyi... this will be moved to the nfl zone forum after a bit)
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

its no big deal, it would be stupid to bring him in, by the time he was in "playing condition" feidler will be back

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

whats up with fins getting all these hall of fame players outa retierment

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Desperation, it's pretty pathetic.

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
            Desperation, it's pretty pathetic.
            Fun to watch, though.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• 4thAndLong
              I'm Really 4 and Short
              • Sep 2002

Maybe they should get Marino back while they're at it? And Deion? Why not Sanders?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Detriot hasn't released Sanders yet. If he came back he would be playing for them. (at least that's how I understand it - maybe I'm wrong?)
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

Poor Barry.

Comment

• AG75
                    My buns are weiner friendly
                    • Oct 2002

*GrumbleGrumble* I do not want the Dolphins to do anything that may potentially "help" them. I feel like getting Troy could be a big bust or a big improvement depending if he could stay healthy or not.
                    Aimee

Comment

• BigDoug
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

I hear they were gonna dig up ol' knute rockne

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                        I'm Really 4 and Short
                        • Sep 2002

AG75,

Aikman would be dead money after he gets his 100th concussion.

Troy, you have more important things to worry about than risking a serious injury, just turn your back, for your sake.

Comment

• Buffarama
                          Football-Sport of the Gods
                          • Jul 2002

The NFL commisioner and ownership has to take a serious look at this.
                          The salary cap situation, rookie signing contracts, and overall salary structure is so weak, that no one can:

1. Develop a starting QB
                          2. Develop a backup QB

Not only the QB position, but practically every position.
                          There is such a famine of depth and development in NFL, that teams are going after retired players to fill their rosters.
                          This is responsible for the sub quality of play and "parity" we all experience. This isn't parity, it's mediocrity across the board.
                          What does this speak of in terms of tody as current class of players?
                          Essentially a good portion of todays starters are backups of 10 years ago, and todays backups are scrubs. Only handful of true starters exist on every team.
                          With this in mind, a new strategy emerges. Draft choices are less valuable than proven players. With the exception of a Mike Williams, or top 15 pick, the chances of landing a truly quality individual are small.
                          So what to do? Trade your draft picks for proven talent. Money well spent, seasoned veterans. Could anyone compare Drew as being less valuable than any player drafted in the draft this year, as in #1 overall even? Would you trade Drew for Julius Peppers, Harrington, or Carr?
                          Bottom line, the NFL is paper thin, and needs to come up with a better way for teams to develop depth.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

amazing....who's next??marino???bob griese????what about david woodley????
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

If Aikman plays for Miami, he might get another concussion. This next one might just end it for him, he might be a Mohommed Ali style vegitable..

Comment

Working...
                              X