• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Optimist, SB
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Im Depressed!

I cant seem to get over that crap game last night.

It took about 70% of the wind out of my opening weekend sails.

Maybe that will change until Sunday but damn, it feels like the Bills lost last night. To come so close to the a-holes begining 0-1 and then have it ripped away just reminds me of every damn game they played last year (after 31-0 ofcourse).

Anyone else having trouble dealing with this one?

F*&^ THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Optimist, SB
    reminds me of every damn game they played last year
    I was thinking this very thing. They play well enough to be in the game, but always seem to get a lucky break to pull out the win. I mean, come on, Vanderjact hasn't missed since 6th grade.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Dr. Optimist, SB
      Veteran Zoner
      • Aug 2004

Now that I think about it, the Pats could start off great and take a turn for the worst like Tampa last year....or the Bills for that matter. Ok...20 % of my wind just came back in my sails. This is good therapy :)

Comment

• fushetti
        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
        • Feb 2003

You know what gets me down? The Bills not as good as either of those teams. NE and Indy are the two best teams in the AFC. They fought like heavyweights back and forth. They both made 2 turnovers....and the last team to make a mistake lost.

If the Bills played either of those teams... it would've been a blowout. I hate to say that and get everyone down, but we're not going anywhere.

On that note, i hope the Bills destroy the Jaguars and look good offensively
        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Hemlepp53
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Optimist, SB
          I cant seem to get over that crap game last night.

It took about 70% of the wind out of my opening weekend sails.

Maybe that will change until Sunday but damn, it feels like the Bills lost last night. To come so close to the a-holes begining 0-1 and then have it ripped away just reminds me of every damn game they played last year (after 31-0 ofcourse).

Anyone else having trouble dealing with this one?

F*&^ THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I agree. The loss sucked and it was disappointing. I agree with what you said in regards to it feeling SOMEWHAT like the Bill losing lastnight. But as you know a huge game in the season opener means nothing. Sh** the PaTs and the Colts looked impresive lastnight I thought. Not good for us Bills Fans but hell it was OVERALL a Great Football Game.... Who knows maybe its like last season for some teams.. They will win the first few and then BANG fall straight on their face. I hate seening Rivals look good but as a FAN of FOOTBALL I did enjoy the way each team fought it out lastnight.
          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Throne Logic
            Vanderjact hasn't missed since 6th grade.
            Thats So Funny... And True.. WHY THIS GAME DAMNIT!!!
            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Throne Logic
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by fushetti
              You know what gets me down? The Bills not as good as either of those teams. NE and Indy are the two best teams in the AFC. They fought like heavyweights back and forth. They both made 2 turnovers....and the last team to make a mistake lost.

If the Bills played either of those teams... it would've been a blowout. I hate to say that and get everyone down, but we're not going anywhere.

On that note, i hope the Bills destroy the Jaguars and look good offensively
              I wouldn't say that. Neither team played consistently well on defense. NE is much more vulnerable vs. the run this year without Ted. Payton had virtually nothing to do with Indy's first TD.

Indy's defense is too passive. Their pass rush was pitiful. If you can't pressure a QB who's lined up without a backfield on numerous occasions, then you definitely have something to worry about. It was almost like the Pat's were smacking Indy with the proverbial glove slap insult. "OK, we have no one in the backfield, guys. Bet you still can't get us!" It was like Jordan holding the ball out in one hand, taunting the defender.

It felt more like each team gave up those turnovers on mistakes, rather than the opposing defense doing something spectacular to force them.

Do I think these are two of the premier teams in the AFC? Yes. But I don't think that they are all that superior. If the Pat's play like they did last night, Buffalo will take them twice. That said, I expect the Pat's to play better than that.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                I agree. The loss sucked and it was disappointing. I agree with what you said in regards to it feeling SOMEWHAT like the Bill losing lastnight. But as you know a huge game in the season opener means nothing. Sh** the PaTs and the Colts looked impresive lastnight I thought. Not good for us Bills Fans but hell it was OVERALL a Great Football Game.... Who knows maybe its like last season for some teams.. They will win the first few and then BANG fall straight on their face. I hate seening Rivals look good but as a FAN of FOOTBALL I did enjoy the way each team fought it out lastnight.
                Yeah, it was a good game to watch.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

****ing Edgerrin James!!!!!!
                  Last edited by The Spaz; 09-10-2004, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Yeah, that was a bummer last night. New Englandknows how to stay in the game, and they're lucky to boot. I agree that both of those teams are better than the Bills right now. I would not agree that they are more talented. Hopefully early on Buffalo can learn how to win and gain some confidence. I think they can become as good as NE or Indy. The trick will be to play well enough early in the season to stay in the race.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

The EDGE HAd coughed up the ball quite a bit lastnight.. what are the thougts on that crap??
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• thenry20
                        • Jan 2004

That game was badly played by both sides.

Wow, hearing some of you whine about missing a 48 yard FG is absurd! When has that become an automatic?

All the Colts did was play zone last nite and paid dearly for it. And Edge fumbling twice didn't help matters either.

Neither team wanted to win it.

The Colts have become this year's Chiefs.

The Pats are lucky to win this one and it was confirmed in post game quotes by players and coaches.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by thenry20
                          That game was badly played by both sides.

Wow, hearing some of you whine about missing a 48 yard FG is absurd! When has that become an automatic?

All the Colts did was play zone last nite and paid dearly for it. And Edge fumbling twice didn't help matters either.

Neither team wanted to win it.

The Colts have become this year's Chiefs.

The Pats are lucky to win this one and it was confirmed in post game quotes by players and coaches.
                          What's absurd is th eColts were 1st and goal on the 1 and James fumbled. Also Colts were inside the 20 an dJames fumbled again. Yeah I give credit to the Pats for winning but the Colts blew their chances big time.

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

I agree with those of you saying they werent impressed.

When I fell asleep last night, I had a good feeling about the Bills/Pats game in a few weeks. The Pats did NOT look that good! Their offense moved the ball, but if you look the colts were TERRIBLE on Defense! Dillon didnt do anything spectacular against the shotty run D the colts brought with them, and the Pats D let Edge run all over them! Some of his runs were for 7-8 yards a clip!

I went from fearing the pats, to simply respecting them.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                              The EDGE HAd coughed up the ball quite a bit lastnight.. what are the thougts on that crap??
                              He's been taking lessons from Travis

Comment

Working...
                              X