PDA

View Full Version : Pats don't scare me

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Boy do they miss Ted Washington. If you have the tenacity to stick to the running game, like we say we do, you can run all day on them.

Their LT is nothing. Freeny was on Brady all day.

They don't seem to know what to do with Corey Dillon.

The Pats are all finesse, on both sides of the ball. They can be man-handled.

Patrick76777
09-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Boy do they miss Ted Washington. If you have the tenacity to stick to the running game, like we say we do, you can run all day on them.

i agree! The part of the game I was awake for, I was amazed at how the colts were just running all over them.

If the colts had any kind of D besides for Freeney they would have killed the Pats.

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM

Yup, STUPID EDGE... all he has to do is hold onto the football.

smashmouth and playaction can work on them... and if Indy had ANY coverage skills (or would at least blitz mroe to get pressure) they would have won.

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 08:33 AM
I see the pats hurting on the Offensive side of the ball in reguards to the protection they give Brady. I saw several times lastnight when guys were tugging on Brady's shoelaces. I mean close but no sacks. He looked good himself on the scramble I thought. We need to bang him up and lay him on his Ass when we play. The fact that the running game is their weakness and our SO-CALLED Strong point is another bonus for us when we play them. Most teams have realized the running game is as important as a good QB these days. Teams need ot be a threat on the Ground as well as the air. Dillion was a great pick up but they seem to want to air it our more than they should. We should have an edge on both sides of the ball when we play them it is just a matter of our team acting like a team and work together to make it happen. The Pats have weaknesses and we need to exploit them at every angle..

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2004, 08:33 AM
The Colts blew it with the Edge fumbles, and going Gilbride a few times.

They had no reason to pass the football, but they just couldn't help themselves. 3 turnovers in the red zone.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I see the pats hurting on the Offensive side of the ball in reguards to the protection they give Brady. I saw several times lastnight when guys were tugging on Brady's shoelaces. I mean close but no sacks. He looked good himself on the scramble I thought. We need to bang him up and lay him on his Ass when we play. The fact that the running game is their weakness and our SO-CALLED Strong point is another bonus for us when we play them. Most teams have realized the running game is as important as a good QB these days. Teams need ot be a threat on the Ground as well as the air. Dillion was a great pick up but they seem to want to air it our more than they should. We should have an edge on both sides of the ball when we play them it is just a matter of our team acting like a team and work together to make it happen. The Pats have weaknesses and we need to exploit them at every angle..
And the Colts didn't blitz much, and they only have 1 good pass rusher.

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 08:39 AM
And the Colts didn't blitz much, and they only have 1 good pass rusher.

Correct .. Thats my point... we should swarm him and knock him completely out of his game plan. Let just hope for the best.... WE NEED A WINNING SEASON HERE

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
LOL.... I think "going Gilbride" should become a common slang term..... anytime the offensice coach makes a stupid call to pass on short yardage or in situations that running is rediculously obvious...

I also think "taking a page from the Gregg Williams book" should mean "punting while in field goal range"

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
I also think "taking a page from the Gregg Williams book" should mean "punting while in field goal range"

:roflmao:

FTG
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm a lot less afraid of the Pats after last nights game too. Pats D looked horrible last night. I know they were going against a high powered offense but they looked very weak.

Colts are not going to be as good as I thought either if they don't learn to cover. Pats recievers were wide open all night.

justasportsfan
09-10-2004, 10:25 AM
If they can bounce back from 31-0 to win the sb. after their 1st game last year, last nights mistakes should be fixed by BB. This guy does not celebrate that much after a win. He fixes what went wrong.

FTG
09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
true but you gotta have the players to fix what went wrong. He does not have Ted Washington in the middle anymore. I bet up the middle will be a weak spot all year for them.

Patrick76777
09-10-2004, 10:32 AM
true but you gotta have the players to fix what went wrong. He does not have Ted Washington in the middle anymore. I bet up the middle will be a weak spot all year for them.

I heard John Clayton yesterday say that they had to cut the 53rd player on their roster because they didn't have the cap space.

bledslow
09-10-2004, 10:46 AM
lets not forget that edge is dam good,the colts are probably the deadliest offensive teams in the league-u just cant stuff the box and forget about mannings great playaction and those receivers,u gotta pick your poison.
pats did cause two fumbles against the run,they been doing stuff like this for a few years now,making the big defensive stop when needed. they held a great offense to 24 points, 24 points is good but not explosize for the colts.and had caused 3 huge turnovers.
pats have a better defense then what was shown,not every team is the colts.

justasportsfan
09-10-2004, 10:52 AM
true but you gotta have the players to fix what went wrong. He does not have Ted Washington in the middle anymore. I bet up the middle will be a weak spot all year for them.Don't you think BB knows that?

They lost Colvin and Woody and a few more to injuries. He fixed that anyways.

IF our Ol can dominate their DL and ram Henry down their throats, we should be able to score against them. That's a huge 'if'. If and when that happens, it shouldn't matter what kind of mind games BB will throw at Drew with different looks on D if Henry is successful.

Manning paid dearly by audibling on that last play. It cost them the game.

carybillsfan
09-10-2004, 10:55 AM
I thought the game reminded of 2 years a go, after they won the SB they came out and pass, pass, pass the first two games and lit it up and then it all faded away and they didn't make the playoffs. I really think they're due for a collapse this year.

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Lets not kid ourselves here. The Pats just beat one of the better teams in the league last night. They are defending champs. Lets not overlook those facts.

Ickybaluky
09-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I heard John Clayton yesterday say that they had to cut the 53rd player on their roster because they didn't have the cap space.

They did cut OG Bob Hallen, but that was more due to their having 10 OL than anything else. I think they were hoping someone would trade for Hallen if they kept him on their active roster. Once it became clear they weren't going to get anyone interested in a trade, they cut him.

To get under the cap the Pats restructured Brady's deal. That freed up a bunch of money but raised his cap number in 2005 and 2006.

Luisito23
09-10-2004, 06:09 PM
I hear all this hype on the Pats & they deserve it, but Buffalo knows them more than all most every team in the N.F.L. & I just can't wait 2 c Henry, & McGahee just dominate the entire game....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!
>>>>HENRY OVER 200 YDS. OF TOTAL OFFENSE VS. THE CATS<<<<<<
FACT<<<< & PERIOD....

BUFFALO :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Slim
09-10-2004, 06:28 PM
we'll knock them over, the most joy i can get in a single week of my life is when the bills down the patriots . god it would be a great season if we did it twice. those partiot fans are way to cocky anyway id love to shut them up.