• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Round Table 9/9/04

It was Classic Bills at the BillsZone Round Table last night!! Take a look as three BillsZone staffers look back and discuss some of the history of our Buffalo Bills.

Frank- Good evening, tonight it is my pleasure to chat with BillsZone historians Bill Choinski and David Genocro for a special edition of the BillsZone RoundTable. Tonight, we are sitting down and just having a good old chat about Buffalo Bills History. So, for the next hour, sit back, grab a beer and join us as we reminisce a little. Guys, first off. How does one move from average fan to Bills Historian?

David - 36 seasons of watching a single team, I guess.

Bill- I did it out of curiosity at first. I've always been a student of history. Football was an area I've never really studied from a historical prospective before. Plus getting involved building BillsZone, I wannted to do something never done before- a complete online season-by-season history.

Frank:
    Let’s start off with coaches. David, you mention 36 years of Bills history. At any time have you seen a more pivotal time in Bills history?
    David:
    August, 1986. Team floundering; back to back 2-14 seasons and along comes a Quarterback to resuscitate the franchise.
    Bill:
    I think 1969 was a pivotal time. Ralph Wilson Hired Johnny Rausch, Ex-Raider coach who had an offensive mind. With Rookie OJ Simpson he had an opportunity to put the Bills in a position of success early on. Instead, we wasted 3 years of OJ's career.

More

Anybody interested in participating in a RoundTable should drop me a PM. The regular season is upon us and the chat should heat up. Next week I am joined by BillsZone staffers The Spaz and Ryjam!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    It was Classic Bills at the BillsZone Round Table last night!! Take a look as three BillsZone staffers look back and discuss some of the history of our Buffalo Bills.

Frank- Good evening, tonight it is my pleasure to chat with BillsZone historians Bill Choinski and David Genocro for a special edition of the BillsZone RoundTable. Tonight, we are sitting down and just having a good old chat about Buffalo Bills History. So, for the next hour, sit back, grab a beer and join us as we reminisce a little. Guys, first off. How does one move from average fan to Bills Historian?

David - 36 seasons of watching a single team, I guess.

Bill- I did it out of curiosity at first. I've always been a student of history. Football was an area I've never really studied from a historical prospective before. Plus getting involved building BillsZone, I wannted to do something never done before- a complete online season-by-season history.

Frank:
    Let’s start off with coaches. David, you mention 36 years of Bills history. At any time have you seen a more pivotal time in Bills history?
    David:
    August, 1986. Team floundering; back to back 2-14 seasons and along comes a Quarterback to resuscitate the franchise.
    Bill:
    I think 1969 was a pivotal time. Ralph Wilson Hired Johnny Rausch, Ex-Raider coach who had an offensive mind. With Rookie OJ Simpson he had an opportunity to put the Bills in a position of success early on. Instead, we wasted 3 years of OJ's career.

More

Anybody interested in participating in a RoundTable should drop me a PM. The regular season is upon us and the chat should heat up. Next week I am joined by BillsZone staffers The Spaz and Ryjam!!
    anybody have any feedback??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

let me read it first.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        let me read it first.
        that's fair!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Good stuff.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

One of the best so far
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
            X