PDA

View Full Version : Manning handed that game to the Pats.

lordofgun
09-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Let's see, we're rushing the ball at a 7YPC pop. I know, let's completely abandon the run and pass, pass, pass for the entire second half!

I'm becoming more and more convinced dungy should take the keys away.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2004, 10:46 AM
He went Gilbride!!!!!!

Manning reminds me of Joe Ferguson. No Eye of the Tiger. No killer instinct. Indy should have won going away.

carybillsfan
09-10-2004, 10:51 AM
I don't think he's worth $80trillion or whatever they paid that guy, and besides he's goofy looking and he talks funny

Bill Brasky
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Maybe he went to the pass because James fumbled twice late in the game... I think the loss is on his shoulders. :idunno:

Hemlepp53
09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
The Fumbles arent why he went the air.. Im sure it did play a factor in the loss.. Dungy is a good head coach he just palces too much faith in Manning and his ability to read everything before him. Manning needs to slow things down and pay more attention to the minor details and not the Big Picture... it is ok to abandon a long pass and go for the dump for a few yards when nothing else is open...

mysticsoto
09-10-2004, 03:04 PM
A friend of mine had an interesting comment on yesterday's game. He said, "If Bledsoe had done what Manning did yesterday" (meaning taken the sack that pushed them back and lost them the yards for a field goal to tie the game) "people would be calling out for his head!"

It's true. I can't believe Manning didn't think, "Oh, this is the play of the game here and...gee, they just might blitz and try to stop me from getting anything into the End Zone.

But b'cse it's Manning, people are like, "Well, Manning made a mistake...it's just 1 game."

$90 Million dollars should equate to zero mistakes...

illusionone
09-10-2004, 03:15 PM
A friend of mine had an interesting comment on yesterday's game. He said, "If Bledsoe had done what Manning did yesterday" (meaning taken the sack that pushed them back and lost them the yards for a field goal to tie the game) "people would be calling out for his head!"

It's true. I can't believe Manning didn't think, "Oh, this is the play of the game here and...gee, they just might blitz and try to stop me from getting anything into the End Zone.

But b'cse it's Manning, people are like, "Well, Manning made a mistake...it's just 1 game."

Manning both Payton and Eli = :baby:

illusionone
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM

If Bledsoe were to have the same stats as Brady in sunday's game, people will be ***** about the INT.....

hurls
09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Maybe he went to the pass because James fumbled twice late in the game... I think the loss is on his shoulders. :idunno:

Without James' 2 fumbles, and a late Missed FG, Colts win. Waddaya want more out of Manning? He did his part to put them in the cat bird's seat.

Samphin1
09-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I gotta agree. Manning did his part. It wasn't his fault that James fumbled it twice inside the endzone. The INT was his fault but Manning did everything else almost right. Blame Stokely for slowing down too. I still don't understand why he did that.

hurls
09-10-2004, 03:53 PM
And on the INT, it wasn't like it was easy. Teddy Bruschi(sp?) made a nice grab.

Crisis
09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Colts defense is in trouble.

natefan22
09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah it was def more edges fault than peytons