PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the game

ryjam282
09-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Did anyone watch that UM/FSU game? That was a great one. I mean, the Canes D was absolutely suffocating all night long.

I wish Betia's kick wasn't blocked cause you could tell it was going dead left and he would have missed it again.

Great game none the less and the Canes pulled it out again....Looks they are the front runners for the ACC title now.....Hopefully another National Title too.

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I friggin' thought it was over then Miami didn't score with under 3 minutes to go, and changed the channel. :(

kgun12
09-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Yes I did. Don't like either team, but if I had to pick one it would be Miami. I like Larry Cocker.

mypoorfriendme
09-11-2004, 03:26 AM
im sick of seeing miami win. i dont aggree at all with their recruiting process and extreme legal and attitude tolerance to football players.

Philagape
09-11-2004, 06:36 AM
I worked last night and got home just in time to see the tying TD :D

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-11-2004, 06:57 AM
It was a great game. What a terrible story about the Bowdens. Anyone who says they weren't impressed with either team is crazy. Those are some great defenses. The offenses will kick off the rust.

Tatonka
09-11-2004, 08:21 AM
both of the defenses were not as good as the offenses were bad..

neither of those teams has a prayer of winning a national championship with Rix or Berlin at qb..

you can mark that down.

i thought it was one of the worst games i have watched in a while.

ryjam282
09-11-2004, 09:32 AM
It was pretty bad but I think the Miami D can carry them pretty far...They have done it in the past.

I was very impressed with Frank Gore, he looked 100 times better then he did after the first knee surgery and I hope he can stay healthy cause him and Moss are a nice punch.

Damn, Roscoe Parrish always does something stupid to try and blow the game, he tried his hardest...

elltrain22
09-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Great, great game. Why does FSU always give the game away. I saw so many questionable calls late in the 4th qt. Throwing the ball on 3rd down stopping the clock at 1:30, and thus not forcing Miami to burn their last timeout. Then running the ball deep in the red zone, rather than try to move the sticks and get 7, then there fg attempt got blocked.

Also, Chris Rix was absolutely horrible. Bad pocket pressence, bad accuracy, never found any kind of rhythm, butter fingers, and didn't rally his troups when they needed him too. Rix is very overrated, and is the sole reason FSU didn't win that football game.

What a game for Cromartie, and Antrel Roole!! Frank Gore looked great too.

elltrain22
09-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Anyone stay up and see the impressive beatdown that Boise St. gave to Oregon St?? They are for real, and still hold the nations longest winning streak.

ryjam282
09-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah, BSU did look good....Gore was so impressive after those surgeries. Antrel Rolle is unbelievable. He is definitaly going to be a 1st rounder, he does it all.

Rix is absolutely terrible, I love watching him self implode when they play, it is so amusing.

DraftBoy
09-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Both teams looked horrible and I agree with T neither D is exp or good enough to carry the team. Ill say neither will finish atop the ACC. Clemson, GT, Va Tech, Virgina are all capabel of beating those two. Miami and FSU better get their teams and QB's on the same page or it could be a long season.

Ingtar33
09-11-2004, 12:55 PM
i agree... both teams look like the worse i've seen either in years. That said there are three surefire 1st rounders on Miami's roster this year.

Berlin and Rix are both like a millstone around their team's necks.

BTW: Gore finally looked like a good back...

Canadian'eh!
09-11-2004, 01:10 PM
i agree... both teams look like the worse i've seen either in years. That said there are three surefire 1st rounders on Miami's roster this year.

Berlin and Rix are both like a millstone around their team's necks.

BTW: Gore finally looked like a good back...

Rolle is definately 1 (not sure at what point but high)
who are the other 2.... Theyhad a safety that playerd great... and Gore played well. but a 1st not sure.

Moss is one i assume. forgot about hom.. who is the other?

Ingtar33
09-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Rolle, Moss, Winston

ryjam282
09-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Rolle is definately 1 (not sure at what point but high)
who are the other 2.... Theyhad a safety that playerd great... and Gore played well. but a 1st not sure.

Moss is one i assume. forgot about hom.. who is the other?

That safety (Greg Threat), he was actually the #1 RB coming out of HS the year McGahee did his thing and he has since switched to safety. I guess he wasn't showing much or didn't think he could be out Moss or Gore at the position. I think he has played pretty well, and he is one hell of a hitter too.