PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are out of the Playoffs!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2002, 12:51 AM
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!:xplode:

German
11-07-2002, 01:11 AM
Whatever you say sunshine!!!

WG
11-07-2002, 06:48 AM
TT,

What if they lose to K.C.? Are you still gonna hold that they can make the playoffs?

They'd have to go 5-1 then!

Jman
11-07-2002, 07:01 AM
we will not make the playoffs.. like some guy here said a couple days ago, playoff teams win big games, and we have yet to win a fairly matched game.

Think about our losses and our wins, who we played and how we matched up.

WG
11-07-2002, 07:10 AM
You're no fan!

:D JK as you know!!

;)

Typ0
11-07-2002, 07:27 AM
All of the big games haven't been played yet. Plus I don't see why you are talking about this KC powerhouse. They are clearly beatable and you guys are talking like the game is already over. Give it a rest.

Typ0
11-07-2002, 07:28 AM
And no doubt after we beat them we will have to hear about how they weren't really a good team. What a bunch of crap you spew on this site.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 08:37 AM
I think we are out of the playoffs for the next 3 years. We should just forfeit all our games until 2005. We might stand a chance that season1:nana:

Patrick76777
11-07-2002, 08:39 AM
One at a time baby! We’ve got 2 weeks to prepare for KC. Let’s go in there and knock em upside their head.

WG
11-07-2002, 08:40 AM
B2R46,

Funny, if the coaching were to remain the same, you may very well be correct! ;)

Novacane
11-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Don't worry Wys. GW is gone at the end of this season if the team plays as bad as you think they are going to.

WG
11-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Typ0,

K.C. has put up some very significant point totals and against some very formidable Ds. They tripled their output v. Miami over what we did; More than quintupled our scoring total in the Pats game; had about the same vs. the Jets when the Jets were a better team; and put up 10 more vs. Denver.

They can put up points. Yeah, we may beat them. But it's not gonna be on the merits of 27 points. Do you really have any faith at all the we can hold them to under 30 in K.C.? Come on now! You're not that naive, are ya! ;)

If we can put up some serious points, and I'm thinkin' it will take 35 or more, maybe even 50, then we can win that game. But we're not gonna do that if A. Henry only gets 12 carries; B. Henry fumbles the ball away once or twice in key situations; Moulds and Price have 5 drops between them on key plays.

K.C. is sharp offensively. Defensively, they are no worse than we are. After Sunday and given that we've given up quite a few points to teams like Houston, Detroit, Chicago, the Jets, and Minnesota, I find it difficult to believe that we can keep the Chiefs to under 40 points on their home turf.

Do you see something that indicates that we'll either have a great defensive day or outscore the Chiefs? B/c to date, our best defensive effort has yielded only 39 points in regulation, 33 after that. I don't think the Chiefs are gonna have too much difficulty putting up more than that.

Rebuttals? Other than "We're 5-4" or "Go Drew"? :D

Novacane
11-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Kc defense is just as bad as Bills. We can out score them.

Bills 49 Chiefs 48

casdhf
11-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Yards-per-game allowed:
Buffalo - 346.7
Kansas City - 438.0

Passing YPG
Buffalo - 231
Kansas City - 323.6

WG
11-07-2002, 08:58 AM
B2,

You really think so? I think that they might get rid of some assistants, but not GW this season. I have a hunch they'd give him another season.

What about Gilbride? Do you think he's good? I'm not sure you caught my post entitled "I am starting to see what the problem is:", but in it, I took the liberty of listing the # of attempts that Gilbride's QBs have had since he's been an O.C. or H.C. To me that is problematic, especially when you look at some of the QBs he's had putting up that many. It also troubles me when you look at some of the RBs that he had in seasons when he didn't use them much.

I think that can create issues. Granted, Bledsoe is a "wee bit better", LOL, than Stewart or Leaf. But it still suggests a reluctance to run the ball. And running the ball in the NFL is essential for teams that expect to do well in the playoffs. Just ask any Fin-fan! Thier inability to run the ball has led to them getting blown out in the playoffs in the first round. They continually brought a totally one-dimensional offense to the table. That doesn't cut it in the NFL playoffs!

I like Drew, and as you know, I was one of the biggest critics of that trade. But if all he does is what we've been doing, this year will have gone from fabulous to sketchy in less than a season. With this cast, I'm expecting far more than the 25, 27, and 28 TDs that he put up in N.E. when, as everyone states, he had no tools. He has more than he ever had in N.E. so the expectations must correspondingly go up dramitically. Not just for Bledsoe, but for Gilbride as well. Gilbride should be doing all that he possibly can to make sure that he puts Drew in a position to win games. That very clearly did not happen v. the Pats.

Running the ball would have kept Brady & Co. off the field and would have extended our drives. Rather, when the running game was going well, and Drew was struggling, we abadoned the run which was going well, for the pass which wasn't. Everyone naively cites the 302 gross passing yards that Drew put up in the game while ignoring the barely over 200 that he put up through 58 minutes, and only186 net yards as the result of 4 horrible sacks.

Belichick was trying to be merciful by not forcing another score when the game was well over. He could have easily punched it in again, but instead gave it to Smith for 7 straight carries realizing that the Bills would be burried deep. The Bills responded by keeping Drew in and by trying to score when they should have simply let the clock run out on that debacle. I can only assume that GW was trying to mitigate the "look" of this loss by putting "double-digit" score face on it for the books. In any case, I don't think that's gonna do us any favors in Foxboro in 5 weeks.

Ie., IMO Gilbride should be doing more. He likes to pass. But you have to run the ball to open up the passing game at times. Especially at times such as this past week and in the Detroit game when our passing game was largely struggling. Yet, as he's demonstrated in 6 of 9 games, he's unwilling to do that.

Do they not trust Henry? Are they planning on finding another RB at the end of the year? IDK, I'm just asking.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Yes, I do think so. Ralph was majorly PO'd after the NE game. I think he is really starting to doubt GW after that

Three scenerios I see

1......The D improves and helps us win some games. Everyone is safe.

2. The D does not improve but the O outscores enough teams to get us to 8-8. GW is safe but Gray is a gonner.

3. The D does not improve and the O does outscore enough teams to get us to 8-8. GW and his whole staff are outta here.

Except for Gilbride. I know you don't like him but the O has improved and that will be good enough for Ralph. I don't think he analizes run/pass ratio's like you do. ;-)
I just hope they would not make him HC. I would not be happy about that.

I am not giving up hope on this year though.

WG
11-07-2002, 09:17 AM
1. That's a tall order since the better offensive opponents that we play are all upcoming.

2. Same thing there. "Enough Points" as I see it will have to be well over our average in most cases.

3. So you are realizing that 8-8 is a reasonable goal then from here?

Regarding your comment on Gilbride:

Q: Why has the O improved IYO?

Ie., w/ the addition of Bledsoe and a decent OL, and considering our relatively non-challenging schedule to date, do you think that any other O.C. would not be doing as well?

Or do you think that Gilbride is benefitting more from having Bledsoe that Bledsoe is from having Gilbride?

WG
11-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Secondly, if we ditch GW, who do you think are the top candidates? Lewis? He's still only a D.C. here in Washington. He'd be available.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
1. That's a tall order since the better offensive opponents that we play are all upcoming.

2. Same thing there. "Enough Points" as I see it will have to be well over our average in most cases.

3. So you are realizing that 8-8 is a reasonable goal then from here?

Regarding your comment on Gilbride:

Q: Why has the O improved IYO?

Ie., w/ the addition of Bledsoe and a decent OL, and considering our relatively non-challenging schedule to date, do you think that any other O.C. would not be doing as well?

Or do you think that Gilbride is benefitting more from having Bledsoe that Bledsoe is from having Gilbride?

I think 8-8 is enough to save GW's bacon.

I still am not giving up on better but won't happen if GW and JG are not smart enough to admit they have to make some bigtime D ajustments. I am thinking maybe with an extra week off they will evaluate things, realize what they are doing is not working and come up with a better plan for the second half. If they come out against KC doing the same things and get lit up I will give up hope for the defense this year.

#2.......The O improvement is more Bledsoe but Gilbride has to get some credit. I am sure the O would not be this good if Mike Sheppard was still here.

If GW does end up getting fired I don't really want Lewis in here.

I am not really sure who. I am hoping GW gets his act together so we don't have to worry about it.

ublinkwescore
11-07-2002, 10:29 AM
Kc defense is just as bad as Bills. We can out score them.

Bills 49 Chiefs 48

-BledsoeToReedfor6

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but our offense hasn't really been showing up lately. I'm usually the last one to go pessimistic, but if our O at the least doesn't show up for the K.C. game, our
season is sunk.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 12:27 PM
They put up 24 against Detroit and could have had more if Peerless did not drop that lone bomb for a TD.
They had 1 poor game against NE and they moved the ball well. Just did not execute in the red zone. I am not worried about the O.

WCoastFin
11-07-2002, 01:14 PM
YES!!!!! knocked 2 birds with one stone, Drew Bledsoe and The Bills suck again!!! ...is it official?