PDA

View Full Version : BFZ FH 2 Good players still available

northernbillfan
11-07-2002, 05:23 AM
Still lots of good players to be had. I have made 3 transactions, and picked up V Bure, in the process. Low ranked rookies are starting to shine. If you have a few duds on your team, there are several good players still available.

I will give a few hints, once my team is finalized. Perhaps by Friday of this week.

Don Cherry
11-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Nice Trade made today.....

The ladies got together and swapped Mike Richter To the East Bay Sharks for Ulf Dahleen.

Not earth shattering but it helps give the EBS a regular starter in goal. Ulf Dahlen s off to a quick start this season for Dallas, with 7 goals and 11 points in 14 games. At one time was a big scoring threat playing in Minnesota for the old North stars (71 Goals in 2 seasons-91-93) but has averaged only 15 goals a season since.

northernbillfan
11-09-2002, 04:21 AM
I noticed a lot of action today on the waivers and trades. Some good moves. Shaping up to be an interesting season.

Now if only Roy would get healthy.

MissBuffalo
11-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Ugh!! I needed a goalie so bad!! Luckely bironsgirl saved the day. Even though I've never been a big fan of Richter, I just needed a consistant starter.

Don Cherry
11-10-2002, 02:44 PM
If I were you, Miss B- grab Blackburn- Richter's back-up. That way, you are guaranteed starts if you aren't sure who will get the start. Esche may give you better numbers, but he won't get nearly as many starts as Blackburn.

The flipside is that Blackburn got off to a really rough start, but has settled down - getting a shutout in his last outing. And he's having a better year than Osgood....

Then again, to quote EE, you are just picking out the prettiest garbage can at this point.

Did you see that goal last week where Osgood was standing BEHIND the net and the puck slowly rolled in ( a result of a goofy bounce off the boards):dizzy:

MissBuffalo
11-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Yeah Don.....I'm not a fan of Osgood's either. That may be a good idea to pick up Blackburn......I'll have to give that a thought.

Don Cherry
11-10-2002, 02:54 PM
See if you can unload his sorry ass on another goalie- deprived team

MissBuffalo
11-11-2002, 11:54 AM
LOL--now he's playing semi-decent.

Earthquake Enyart
11-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry

Then again, to quote EE, you are just picking out the prettiest garbage can at this point.

Don Cherry quoting me???!?!?!?

:eek:

BironsGirl43
11-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Yay my team is no longer horrible.. lol.. 6th place baby with 31 points..... boo yah!!!! :)

Don Cherry
11-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Don Cherry quoting me???!?!?!?

:eek:

OK-- you are just measuring Midgets at this point ......

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2002, 10:39 AM
I'm the tallest dwarf??!??!!!

:)

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 09:19 AM
Bump. I'd like to know who in the world you are talking about. I've been scouring that list of available players, and I don't see anyone worth zamboni tires. The Peace Bridge Bombers could use some help :(

Dozerdog
11-21-2002, 09:51 AM
And no Ryan Miller? They keep DaFoe around (and ranked High) yet Miller pitches a shutout for 2 periods and they don't even register him...:scratch:

Typ0
11-21-2002, 10:18 AM
I know what you are saying EE. I don't know how I managed to get one good player on my team through the draft and some people are stocked. I have given up on this league. I have to make changes every day and all I can do is exchange one loser for another. This is no fun. I'm willing to part with some ZoneBucks to hire a consultant that can help me if they can make good suggestions. I don't see any good available players though. But I haven't figured out how to play the game either and there doesn't seem to be any good help documentation...at least something a moron like me can understand.

Dozerdog
11-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Typo-

If you just sat down for 20 minutes, you can set your line up for a month!

At the bottom of the player list on your team page, they show you 3 dates. Yesterday, today, tomorrow. Click on Tomorrow, and it moves you to the roster. It tells you who's got a game and who doesn't. Set the line up, advance another day, repeat the process.

It's no more difficult than the BFZ pick'em game.

You only have 2 bench guys and a goalies. Al you need to worry about is getting those bench guys in the roster when they have games. I'll be gone for a week and it took me 20 mins to set my rosters through Dec2.

If you can't get someone to run your team, send Don Cherry a PM with your password and Yahoo ID. It is very unfair for the other members of the league to have a dead franchise.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
It's no more difficult than the BFZ pick'em game.

That's the hardest computer game since Pong.

Typ0
11-21-2002, 12:24 PM
I haven't really quit like you took it. I am not the type to screw others over because I am not happy with my situation and I understand having a dead team is not fair to others. I have forgotten to change my lineup on many occasions and that has hurt as well. I also think I don't know much about hockey in terms of all the players and teams. I've come to learn what a great sport hockey is and it's probably the most exciting professional sport in person. Not having the knowledge has really hurt me as well. But I used the league rankings in the draft because I didn't know enough about the players and I thought the rankings would be fair and get me at least a mediocre team...but my team sucks...LOL. I'm just moaning and groaning and complaining. Thanks for the help though I'll work on it so next year I will be more prepared.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Not having knowledge hasn't stopped anybody. Ask Log or shelby.

Typ0
11-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey get off my back. Look how I am doing in the pickem game and I built that.

Typ0
11-21-2002, 01:42 PM
I made an honest offer to hire a consultant. When there is trouble in the organization you need to seek outside help and I did. The heck with all of you.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 01:45 PM
My team is in so much trouble, I'm taking a flyer on Fleury.

Earthquake Enyart
11-21-2002, 01:53 PM
I just wanted to see who nbf thought was still out there. I don't see it.

Hey Typ0, I offered you a deal. Go look.

Typ0
11-21-2002, 02:41 PM
You want to trade teams? LOL.

4thAndLong
11-21-2002, 05:17 PM
I offered you a trade too. :D

casdhf
11-21-2002, 07:03 PM
no one offers me trades.

Typ0
11-21-2002, 07:28 PM
I feel like the dumb kid with a Babe Ruth rookie card trading for a current Barry Bonds.

Dozerdog
11-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Sorry, Typ0-

when I read your post saying "You gave up on this league" I assumed you ment literally, not figuratively.

Feel free to solicit Uncle Don on any advice about your team. He'll help ya out. :up:

Typ0
11-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Thanks Dozer. That's OK I'm not always easy to understand...LOL.

Don Cherry
11-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Let's do the Math-

16 teams / 20 man rosters = 320 players.

51 players are still available that are ranked under 320th overall.

33 forwards, 12 defensemen, 6 goalies.

There are players still available. A lot of them are sissy boy europeans that might make grandma choke on her choppers trying to pronounce their names, but they are still out there.

Don Cherry
11-21-2002, 11:11 PM
Let's not forget the goons, either.

Get your ass kicked in the goal scoring department? Well, winning the penalty minute battle earns ya a point the same as getting 20 goals for the week.

Top Goons available-

Sawyer, Kevin (LW-Anh)- 78 minutes :punchu:
Johnson, Matt (LW-Min)- 66 minutes :sukrpnch:
Shelley, Jody (LW-Cls)- 62 minutes- (Hey, if my parents gave me 2 girl names, I'd be pissed at the world too!) :shutit:
Stock, P.J. (C-Bos)- 58 mins :punch:
Harvey, Todd (RW-SJ)- 51 mins :chair: