PDA

View Full Version : Boise State's Turf

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Who else would love to see Blue turf like Boise State has for the Ralph?????

Think about it.....

Blue Turf and red endzones....

Would be unique to the NFL and I think it would be very cool!

and DEFINITE home field advantage

elltrain22
09-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I think it would be cool. Smurf turn is da shiznet. I remember the first time I saw them play on tv about 3 yrs ago, and I thought my tv's color was messed up!

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-11-2004, 11:35 AM
A pic incase you didnt know

ryjam282
09-11-2004, 11:54 AM
It's funny you bring that up, my first year with the Anaheim Angels, rookie ball was in Boise and that is where we working out, at the University. They have a huge window that looks from the gym out to the field and you can see all the time, birds flying head first into the turf. They say that the birds apparently think it is water and try to dive in for food and thus breaking there necks and die......It is quite funny to see it in person, poor little birds. I have actually seen it happen during a game as well.

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-11-2004, 12:20 PM
It's funny you bring that up, my first year with the Anaheim Angels, rookie ball was in Boise and that is where we working out, at the University. They have a huge window that looks from the gym out to the field and you can see all the time, birds flying head first into the turf. They say that the birds apparently think it is water and try to dive in for food and thus breaking there necks and die......It is quite funny to see it in person, poor little birds. I have actually seen it happen during a game as well.
Man that sucks...nevermind then...i dont want to see little birdys dieing.

:(

mush69
09-12-2004, 07:11 AM
I'm a bit of the traditionalist, while I think it is ok for NCAA, I still like the green grass! Nothing better than getting a little dirt on the uniform now and then

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm a bit of the traditionalist, while I think it is ok for NCAA, I still like the green grass! Nothing better than getting a little dirt on the uniform now and then

Except for the fact the there is no grass in the Ralph... I believe it is the Astroplay (?) artificial turf. Regardless it is green and kinda looks like grass, but it's as fake as a stripper's tits.

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Except for the fact the there is no grass in the Ralph... I believe it is the Astroplay (?) artificial turf. Regardless it is green and kinda looks like grass, but it's as fake as a stripper's tits.
I miss our old turf. The bright green was amazing when you walked in that stadium. Everytime I walked in the stadium I would walk to the first tunnel and would look in awe. Plus I miss the red endzones. The only thing I do like is the logo in the middle.

Mad Bomber
09-12-2004, 08:51 AM
I miss our old turf. The bright green was amazing when you walked in that stadium. Everytime I walked in the stadium I would walk to the first tunnel and would look in awe. Plus I miss the red endzones. The only thing I do like is the logo in the middle.

I don't miss the old turf - too rough on knees and other body parts. I agree about the red end zones; I miss them too.