PDA

View Full Version : Regiers hands are tied

Buffarama
11-07-2002, 07:40 AM
We all know that we need a change here. I don't think Regier can do much until a new owner comes in. Not only in terms of personnel because of salary constraints and the unfair advantage other GM's have on him right now, but coaching as well.
What coach would want to come into this situation, knowing that a new owner will probably want to clean house and bring their own people in? And Regier will really alienate a new owner by signing a new coach to a contract at this point in time which the new owners probably won't want, and costing the new ownership money to pay off the commitment to his contract.
So while Regier always moves too slow, and we have been status quo for too long, other than some minor even player trades, nothing can be done.
I wish Bettman would either let Hammister buy this team ASAP, or answer Golisano's questions, so this franchise has a hope of staying here. Things have got to pick up in terms of ownership. This is painful to watch.

Ebenezer
11-07-2002, 07:45 AM
As of Wednesday morning, and his election loss, I am betting that Galisano is no longer interested.

Buffarama
11-07-2002, 07:46 AM
Very interesting EB. I guess we will find out soon enough.