PDA

View Full Version : Level of Contentment Survey:

WG
11-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Disregarding how good we are in a particular year, how satisfied would you be in attaining certain levels of achievement as a team?

LtBillsFan66
11-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Wys wys wys.

There are about a million different angles to consider when determining if your happy with they way your team is playing. There is no doubt that everyone’s dream is to have their favorite team win the super bowl. But coming off a 3-13 season, most fans would be satisfied to see an improvement and a shot at the playoffs. They would like to see their team compete in games. I know the motive of this post is to bait people into aiming too high in order you to fire off another one of your 100 “how can you be happy with this team” posts.

Novacane
11-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
But coming off a 3-13 season, most fans would be satisfied to see an improvement and a shot at the playoffs. They would like to see their team compete in games.

That would satisfy me this year and it is happening.

Ebenezer
11-07-2002, 10:31 AM
Barring injuries a competitive team that makes the playoffs is all that I ask. Nobody ever griped when the Cowboys made the playoffs 20 straight years. When we were going to SBs Bills fans were complaining about the 3-4, the concessions and the scoreboard...give me a break.

Captain gameboy
11-07-2002, 10:53 AM
This is the entertainment industry. If we are always moving in a poitive direction, I'm generally pleased. There are 32 teams in the NFL, and I think Buffalo should be a top 10 franchise. That given, I think we should occasionally have three year rebuilds, followed by three years of playoffs, going very deep at least once. What I can't stand is a team that seems disinterested, of totally un-entertaining. Last year's team had the effort, but was not entertaining at all, and faced a weekly threat of being demolished. This year we are not only entertaining, but competitive and moving in the right direction. I expect the division, or very close, next year, and deep playoff contention in 04. What really concerns and irritates me is the injury problem in the NFL and the chance of one serious injury wiping out a year of effort. Look at the Dolphins-what a disaster. I don't think it's possible to overcome a batch of serious injuries through depth anymore, the salary cap prohibits it.

Phins054
11-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Personaly...I'd like to see you guys lose the rest of your games, but thats just me...:nana:

Novacane
11-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
Personaly...I'd like to see you guys lose the rest of your games, but thats just me...:nana:

We know we'll win at least one more because the Phins are gonna lose the rest of thier games

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

WG
11-07-2002, 01:04 PM
I said "disregarding how good we are in a particular year."

Oh well, guess that went unnoticed, eh...

;)

LtBillsFan66
11-07-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I said "disregarding how good we are in a particular year."

Oh well, guess that went unnoticed, eh...

I doesn't really make sense.

WG
11-07-2002, 01:23 PM
The point of the entire poll was not about "this" season. It was meant to be about what you'd be happy with in any given season generally speaking.

For me it's winning the SB. I don't know why some would be content simply winning the conference or the division, but I guess some are. I thought the early '90s made that stuff old hat. Perhaps some of the younger fans don't remember.

EricStratton
11-07-2002, 01:33 PM
Lets use this season as an example Wys. Coming off a 3-13 disaster last year the ONLY thing that will satisfy you this year is a SB ring? That seems unrealistic to me.

The point that makes this poll invalid is every year has to be taken in context of what is happening that year. Is there an injury, do other teams choke, are we coming of a 3-13 campaign or a 13-3 AFC titlegame loss.

All those things matter.

WG
11-07-2002, 01:36 PM
Forget it ES...

WG
11-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Bad Poll!!!

Let's leave it at that. I apologize. If you feel that a global apology is necessary, please send me a PM and I'll post one.

;)

WG
11-07-2002, 01:38 PM
The bottom line is that you're only gonna be as good as your coaches and IMO ours are not good enough to win the SB.

Even KG hasn't come close with his Pass-happy style. There're reasons for that.

EricStratton
11-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
The bottom line is that you're only gonna be as good as your coaches and IMO ours are not good enough to win the SB.

Even KG hasn't come close with his Pass-happy style. There're reasons for that.

Then say that at the outset. Don't dance around it with a survey that makes little sense.

I don't think the Bills staff has shown championship caliber ability yet. It may change between now and the end of the season, then again it may not. At that point the FO has a tough choice to make.

We'll see.

northernbillfan
11-07-2002, 01:45 PM
There will only be one redemption, and that is winning the Super Bowl.

I know this is about any season, and I will be ecstatic as a fan when that day comes along.

As for personall satisfaction as a fan, I'm happy whenever we win. I then gauge a season as it develops, and this year I would really like to see us in the playoffs.

JefftheBillsfan
11-07-2002, 03:00 PM
to answer the question, i am one of the fanst that would rather be 3-13 for 10 years straight, if it means winning a super bowl one year, then continuing the bad streak for a while. if you arent super bowl champions then you are just 1 of the other 31 teams...