OK, all you folks who say we played so well....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

OK, all you folks who say we played so well....

Explain to me what was so good about the way we played?

Spare me the "Drew didn't get sacked 5 times" BS. If that's your benchmark for what makes our offense effective, it's a sad, sad day for our team.

When our "D" had to really step up, it choked.

What exactly was so "good" about anything we did today? Moormans 80 yard punt?
  • Dr. Optimist, SB
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Before I answer...Will you tell me truthfully...did you watch the game?

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

I think we played well at times but ended up buckling when it really counted.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
        I think we played well at times but ended up buckling when it really counted.
        Same problems as preseason. Stupid penalties; move the ball and fail to get it into the endzone.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Dr. Optimist, SB
          Before I answer...Will you tell me truthfully...did you watch the game?

No I did not. Thus the reason I'm asking.

It all comes down to points on the scoreboard and who made the big plays. Reading the Yahoo game synopsis and the play by play as it happened, it sure didn't seem too impressive. Stats don't take sides, they just tell it like it is . And the stats say we played like ****.

Stas don't care if Drew only got sacked once. Stats don't care if our D stopped them 4 out of 5 drives. Stats show the points, who got burned and who fumbled. They show that we made mistake after mistake that cost us a game.

Anything you can post to prove that different is welcome. Thus the reason I'm asking.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

The 10 points summary....

The TD we got was on a 17 yard pass to Moulds. Well, we started on their 18, had a run for 1 yard, then that pass completion.

The FG? We started on their 3 and lost 4 yards, so we had to kick a FG.

Otherwise we had 5 or 6 punts, 95 total yards rushing with a 2.6 run avg, and 153 yards in the air with a 5.88 avg.

The only positive on offense was the 1 sack and no ints. Hardly is that "doing well".

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

To me, we lost so we suck. Period.
              Nothing good about how we played can take away the fat juicy L

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

The offense was moving the ball fine in the 2nd half, Villarial holding penalty, and 2 Moulds fumbles, really cost us the game.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

I DIDN'T WATCH THE GAME, BUT I'M SO GLAD I DIDN"T CAUSE MY T.V. WOULD B SHATTERED IN PIECES RIGHT NOW....
                  I MEAN DAMN THE "PATERSON GIANTS"(PEWEE TEAM) PLAYED DRASTICALLY BETTER AGAINST ANOTHER BUNCH OF MIDGETS....
                  FINAL SCORE:
                  PATERSON GIANTS 11
                  CLIFTON HAWKS 6

EVEN A BUNCH OF LIL KIDS CAN SCORE MORE THAN US....
                  YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Dr. Optimist, SB
                    Veteran Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                    No I did not. Thus the reason I'm asking.

It all comes down to points on the scoreboard and who made the big plays. Reading the Yahoo game synopsis and the play by play as it happened, it sure didn't seem too impressive. Stats don't take sides, they just tell it like it is . And the stats say we played like ****.

Stas don't care if Drew only got sacked once. Stats don't care if our D stopped them 4 out of 5 drives. Stats show the points, who got burned and who fumbled. They show that we made mistake after mistake that cost us a game.

Anything you can post to prove that different is welcome. Thus the reason I'm asking.
                    Well we didnt play bad. We played good on offense and great on defense. We held them to 2 fgs for 59 minutes and 59 seconds. The problems today were as follows:

We didnt stretch the field with some deep passes ....Fixable

The Holding call on Vilarrial that cost us the first down to run out the clock

Some fumbles that I think are due mainly to the Jaguars scrappy defense.

But the number 1 thing that cost us the game was luck. They got lucky and we got unlucky.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Dr. Optimist, SB
                      Well we didnt play bad. We played good on offense and great on defense. We held them to 2 fgs for 59 minutes and 59 seconds. The problems today were as follows:

We didnt stretch the field with some deep passes ....Fixable

The Holding call on Vilarrial that cost us the first down to run out the clock

Some fumbles that I think are due mainly to the Jaguars scrappy defense.

But the number 1 thing that cost us the game was luck. They got lucky and we got unlucky.

Lucky doesn't suit up. Lucky is what you get on Friday night with the hot chick at the bar. Lucky is what wins lotteries.

Solid play and a 100% effort by 53 players for 60 full minutes is what wins games. Smart gameplanning and gametime decisions by the coaches is what wins games.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

{PATERSON GIANTS}
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

This was a game we let Jacksonville steal at the end. There were several opportunities to seal the victory and we didn't do it. I missed a small part of the game at the end of the first half. I gather Lindell missed a field goal. They were also close to field goal range before Jacksonville's last drive. Moulds fumbled a ball within scoring range. This was a game I thought we would win. The fact that we didn't immediately reduces Buffalo's chances to make the playoffs. For all those reasons I'm very disappointed and a bit angry.

But there is no doubt Buffalo did some good things, more than not allowing a bunch of sacks. Bledsoe played a pretty disciplined game over all and did not make many mistakes. Buffalo ran the ball adequately against one of the leagues stingier run defences. Buffalo's defence held one of the more dangerous runners relatively in check, and came up with two inteceptions. No one should be satisfied with the loss, but I'm encouraged that this looks like a different team. Hopefully the team can get better fast enough to catch a few good teams later on in the season and get on a pace to make the playoffs.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• gr8fuldad13
                            • Sep 2003

i think we looked very promising.....................but Buffalo Bills fans, who don't watch Buffalo Bills football ?????????????

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by gr8fuldad13
                              i think we looked very promising.....................but Buffalo Bills fans, who don't watch Buffalo Bills football ?????????????

Promising was what we had back in 2001. We've been saying we look "promising" for 3 years now.

Hell, even the Chargers won. Arguably the worst team in the league last year and they were able to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X