X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Prelieu over Wire as Starter

I think it is obvious that Coy cant cover in the NFL.. Would it be to our advantage to start PP at SS next week.. If we take another Lose next week we have the chance to go 0-5 to start the season.

How can anyone say that Wire has any ability in coverage when he had no impact in the entire game and consistantly over-persued on runplays.. The COY WIRE EXPERIMENT is a lost cause.

If we lose next week we could start 0-6, this Coy in Coverage attempt is a Bust.. If Milloy cant play with a soft cast next week, I think we should start PP.
    Last edited by juice; 09-12-2004, 08:59 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Looks like we could use more Coverage help and less assisted Tackles.. the next two Bills opponents are already game-planning to throw at Wire, he's that much lacking in Coverage Skills. Who Drafted this kid to play DB?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

put wire back at ST
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Đ²
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by juice
        Who Drafted this kid to play DB?
        Whoever it was must have been a homo

Ahm George W. Bush and Ah will protect America !

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          put wire back at ST
          Thats all he is good for!!!!!!!!!!!
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by juice
            I think it is obvious that Coy cant cover in the NFL.. Would it be to our advantage to start PP at SS next week.. If we take another Lose next week we have the chance to go 0-5 to start the season.

How can anyone say that Wire has any ability in coverage when he had no impact in the entire game and consistantly over-persued on runplays.. The COY WIRE EXPERIMENT is a lost cause.

If we lose next week we could start 0-6, this Coy in Coverage attempt is a Bust.. If Milloy cant play with a soft cast next week, I think we should start PP.

agreed. 100% Can Rashard Baker play SS? Pierson if not.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

F.Taylor up the middle to JAX 30 for 2 yards (A.Schobel, C.Wire).
              F.Taylor up the middle to JAX 13 for 6 yards (C.Wire, A.Schobel).
              F.Taylor right tackle to JAX 35 for 8 yards (C.Wire).
              F.Taylor right tackle to BUF 17 for 3 yards (C.Wire; L.Fletcher).
              L.Toefield left tackle to BUF 10 for 5 yards (J.Posey; C.Wire).
              G.Jones right guard to BUF 7 for 3 yards (C.Wire; T.Spikes).
              L.Toefield up the middle to BUF 4 for 1 yard (J.Posey, C.Wire).
              play by play

i seem to recall (though i was drinking, i confess) Wire shoving a receiver out of the end zone to prevent a TD.

Wire was not stellar yesterday, but i think he did an adequate job, and that he will continue to improve as time goes on.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                • Sep 2002

Wire is another of Donohoe's stellar choices who plays because TD drafted him. TD is thin skinned and is reluctant to admit any error on his part. Otherwise we used a third round selection to draft a special teamer.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                  play by play

i seem to recall (though i was drinking, i confess) Wire shoving a receiver out of the end zone to prevent a TD.

Wire was not stellar yesterday, but i think he did an adequate job, and that he will continue to improve as time goes on.
                  Yes he can tackle but can he cover and do it well?

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by fmr60
                    Wire is another of Donohoe's stellar choices who plays because TD drafted him. TD is thin skinned and is reluctant to admit any error on his part. Otherwise we used a third round selection to draft a special teamer.
                    This is an assinine statement. I don't understand this post. Do you think TD ordered MM to start Wire over someone else? I doubt it. Maybe it was not a great pick, but a third round selection is never a guarantee. I think TD's drafting record is solid. In four years he has drafted a number of quality players. Outside of McGahee, Losman and Evans he has drafted conservatively, yet effectively. Not all of the picks have panned out as planned, but that is the nature of the beast. Mike Williams, if you recall, was universally regarded by experts and people on this board as the right pick a few years ago. No one wanted McKinnie because he allegedly had a bad attitude and some off the field problems (which was evidenced further by his lengthy holdout). As it turns out, he is the better player to date.

Similarly, Josh Reed, Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney were almost all regarded as solid picks at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20 so just remember that when looking back. Another example that comes to mind is when TD traded down to draft Nate Clements - everyone was screaming for the offensive tackle from Florida (I can't remember his name, but he was drafted by Tampa Bay). Turns out, that guy sucked and I think he has been cut. In return, the Bills got Clements and Henry.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                      This is an assinine statement. I don't understand this post. Do you think TD ordered MM to start Wire over someone else? I doubt it. Maybe it was not a great pick, but a third round selection is never a guarantee. I think TD's drafting record is solid. In four years he has drafted a number of quality players. Outside of McGahee, Losman and Evans he has drafted conservatively, yet effectively. Not all of the picks have panned out as planned, but that is the nature of the beast. Mike Williams, if you recall, was universally regarded by experts and people on this board as the right pick a few years ago. No one wanted McKinnie because he allegedly had a bad attitude and some off the field problems (which was evidenced further by his lengthy holdout). As it turns out, he is the better player to date.

Similarly, Josh Reed, Chris Kelsay and Ryan Denney were almost all regarded as solid picks at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20 so just remember that when looking back. Another example that comes to mind is when TD traded down to draft Nate Clements - everyone was screaming for the offensive tackle from Florida (I can't remember his name, but he was drafted by Tampa Bay). Turns out, that guy sucked and I think he has been cut. In return, the Bills got Clements and Henry.
                      yeah

if td liked coy so much, why did he go out and grab lawyer?

because he really does not have loyalty to individual players, but to getting the best team out there.

i still think we either win at least 9 games this year or td is on thin ice and will have to clean house.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        Yes he can tackle but can he cover and do it well?
                        Its Coys lack of Instincts that constantly put him out of position to actually make a play on the ball.. Even on that one play when he rode the Guy out of bounds, If that had been a better throw Wire couldn't have made a play on the Football and the reciever would have landed in bounds for a TD.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

I like Coy and I still think he'll be a good player, but Prioleau is better at this point. He's always played really well at SS and should be starting until Lawyer gets back.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

M&M doesn't get direction from Donahoe on who to start. People blame TD for lots of things he has no or very little input on.

Wire was "ok" but not stellar - like over priced Laywer was most games last year. Too many people got on the Malloy band wagon because he did good first game with Bills but that was because he could read the offense.

Good play by Prioleau; maybe he heard the calls to be cut when Lawyer is back trying to earn his check.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                              M&M doesn't get direction from Donahoe on who to start. People blame TD for lots of things he has no or very little input on.
                              I know Philster will agree with you on this, but I don't. I think it is being very naive to think the GM has little to no input on who plays. TD knows his ass is on the line if they lose another year, so if he feels strongly about a player, he will "convince" his "employee" to do what he wants IMO. And given Ralph's undying support and trust of TD, he isn't going to butt in either.

However, I don't think Coy is in there because of TD. That much I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X