• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Two things that bother me about this game

#1)Lindell

Can he kick or can't he. Do we have confidence in him or don't we. Personally, I don't. He rarely converts over 40 yards. and failed to again today, the difference maker in the game. Also, he had a 50+ yard attempt with some wind at his back, but coaching staff knew better.
    Now, I agree with the coaches call. But it is obvious that Lindell is insufficient and can't be relied on for a 45 yard field goal, let alone a 50 yarder. TD fails again.

#2)Drew

Yeah, he did play a good game overall. I'm not blaming him for the loss.

BUT, on the 3rd and goal play from the 1 yard line, you know, the pass he got sacked on, did not everyone in north America see #31 flaring out in the corner at the goal line alone? Did not Drew see him? Even Chris Berman saw him! Drew looked right at him. Right at him!!! And never threw the ball to a wide open receiver.

I'm not getting it here.

Yeah Clements ego ruined the day, he could have tried to bat the ball down instead, I agree.

The holding call on a play that would have wrapped the game up was suspect in it's timing at best.

But Drew looking at a wide open receiver and Lindell's inneptitude. I can't forget.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Turf
    BUT, on the 3rd and goal play from the 1 yard line, you know, the pass he got sacked on, did not everyone in north America see #31 flaring out in the corner at the goal line alone? Did not Drew see him? Even Chris Berman saw him! Drew looked right at him. Right at him!!! And never threw the ball to a wide open receiver.
    Yeah, I just don't know. I would like to see a wider angle of that play. I saw the FB flare out as well and he seemed to look right at him. I can only think of two things. 1) there was a DB right there but out of the range of the cameras or 2) once the DE jumped in his face, he completely forgot about the FB or his view was blocked.

I don't know either, but I think we should have tried to ram it down their throat at that point by running it in and not passing it.
    Last edited by chernobylwraiths; 09-13-2004, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

I wondered the same thing until I saw a wider angle view of it, and ESPN actually zoomed in on the wide open receiver and asked the same question I did. Why didn't he throw the ball to him.

And once again, Lindell has to go. Either he can kick or he can't. I say he can't and he's already costing us the season.

Lindell is the Greg Williams of '04.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

I wanted to see the wider angle too.. BUT i did notice in the replay that as soon as shelton was free the pass rusher was leaping in the air coming in drews face from that direction. maybe drew didn't have an angle to throw it without hitting that pass rusher. I don't know.. anyone have game tape?

Better question would be why did Willis, a goal line machine, not get a shot at pounding it in?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

found a picture from someone who was at the game in good seats at bb.com... he said it was a good decision and the espn thing was off. from the photo, it seems he's not alone over there.

the proof?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
            found a picture from someone who was at the game in good seats at bb.com... he said it was a good decision and the espn thing was off. from the photo, it seems he's not alone over there.

the proof?
            I didn't see that guy either. Looks like one of those thows that could have went 100 yards the other way...

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
              I didn't see that guy either. Looks like one of those thows that could have went 100 yards the other way...
              just for the record... not my picture, and not my account. Like i said... i really wish i could have seen the whole thing from a wide angle. but this guy said it was a good decision so unless sportscenter shows me something else i'll give the benefit of the doubt... but then again i don't like to be "cynical"... it's not my MO.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Why is it in Drew's career, one of the things that he is always getting grief for is when he tries forcing throws and is intercepted. Now the one time he doesn't try to force a bad throw and has to take a sack, it is also bad?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                  Why is it in Drew's career, one of the things that he is always getting grief for is when he tries forcing throws and is intercepted. Now the one time he doesn't try to force a bad throw and has to take a sack, it is also bad?!?!?!?!?
                  Damned if you do...

I already bashed Tasker and Criqui for being horrible, so I didn't want to say it, but Tasker said it was a good decision to just eat the ball there. Maybe Tasker saw the DB in the corner just waiting for the ball to be thrown.

As much as I like Drew and want him to be our QB (winning QB) for the foreseeable future, I would admit that bringing a running QB in, in goalline situations would be a smart play. I know we didn't have one yesterday, but I hope that when Losman is healthy, that they could put him in for those kinds of plays. The defense would then have to worry about the added threat of a QB run and might not rush as strongly.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                    • Sep 2002

From my perspective Shelton was covered on the play and Drew did the right thing. What I question is the call. If we can't get 1 yard in 2 running palys we don't belong in this league. The worst that could have happened was that Jax would have the ball at their 1 yard line.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                      • Aug 2004

damn only if Drew was more mobile. YEah that play haunted me all night
                      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Well now I know, Shelton was covered. Good hold by Drew. I can let it go now....

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

after seeing it on SportsCenter,he was open for a split second but it appears bledsoe wasn't looking his way.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

[QUOTE=Turf]

"Can he kick or can't he. Do we have confidence in him or don't we?"

No he cannot! He sucks! We all knew he would cost us games but what is the alternative? How many good kickers do you think there are out there?

"Yeah, he did play a good game overall. I'm not blaming him for the loss.
                            BUT, on the 3rd and goal play from the 1 yard line, you know, the pass he got sacked on, did not everyone in north America see #31 flaring out in the corner at the goal line alone? Did not Drew see him? Even Chris Berman saw him! Drew looked right at him. Right at him!!! And never threw the ball to a wide open receiver."

I agree with you here, I cannot fathom how Drew FU@%ED this up! When the defender saw him looking that way and jumped up, all Drew had to do was wait for him to come down and toss the pass to Shelton. Instead he looked away and then tried to take off. Typical bone headed Bledsoe, but we cannot pin this loss solely on him. Not that you're trying to...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=Turf]
                              QUOTE]

Even my wife noticed this.

Comment

Working...
                              X