PDA

View Full Version : Feeley to replace Fiedler as Dolphins starter

shelby
09-13-2004, 07:06 AM
This cheers me up a little bit...:snicker:

Quarterback A.J. Feeley will remain in the Miami Dolphins ' lineup -- at least for now.
Feeley played well enough coming off the bench in the Dolphins' season-opening loss to earn a start this week at Cincinnati, coach Dave Wannstedt said Sunday.
That means a demotion for Jay Fiedler after four seasons as the starter.

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/7673739)

Jayhawk
09-13-2004, 07:23 AM
0-16 here they come!

Samphin1
09-13-2004, 09:29 AM
This cheers me up a little bit...:snicker:

nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/7673739)

As a Dolphins Fan, it cheers me up to. Feeley proved in one half why he is better than Jay, and I expect good things form here on out. Tough loss for you guys by the way. I had you guys pegged for a win.

Icer
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM
I was looking at there schedule earlier, and if they lose to Cincy they could open up the year 2-6

Bengals, Steelers, Jets, Pats, Bills, Rams, Jets

The defense will probably be able to get some of those games though.

Marino13Phins
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM
0-16 here they come!

Doubtful. We went agianst a very very good team last Saturday. Held them to 10 points offensively, and the offense started to come alive when Feeley came in. I wasn't able to see the game but a horrible call (supposedly) on the randy catch then fumble recovered by chambers. But the offense ran better with Feeley, and when these guys get some reps with each other I expect the phins to win some games. They won't make the playoffs, but we will win some games.

Marino13Phins
09-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I was looking at there schedule earlier, and if they lose to Cincy they could open up the year 2-6

Bengals, Steelers, Jets, Pats, Bills, Rams, Jets

The defense will probably be able to get some of those games though.

I don't expect to lose to cincy, I am hoping out defense will force Palmer into some rookie mistakes. His WR's saved some bad passes he threw yesterday, and on one occasion he threw into triple coverage at a WR who wasn't even looking yet. So hopefully Miami can take advantage of the young guy and put some points up cause our offense won't. :snicker: Hopefully I'm wrong about that. :rofl:

Samphin1
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Doubtful. We went agianst a very very good team last Saturday. Held them to 10 points offensively, and the offense started to come alive when Feeley came in. I wasn't able to see the game but a horrible call (supposedly) on the randy catch then fumble recovered by chambers. But the offense ran better with Feeley, and when these guys get some reps with each other I expect the phins to win some games. They won't make the playoffs, but we will win some games.

Terrible call on Randy's catch. He caught it, took two steps, starte to turn and was stripped of the ball. It fell right to Chambers who scooped it up and took it down to the 6 yard line. It was reviewed and even though evidence was not enough to overturn it, they did just that. Took us from first and goal to 4th and 19. Big momentum swing there. Feeley would have been credited with about 20 more yards and Miami probably walks away with at least 3 more points and only down by one score, as opposed to two. Oh well, I suppose that is the way the ball bounces though.

I expect us to stunt Palmer's growth somewhat on Sunday Night though.

Iehoshua
09-13-2004, 01:06 PM
I can't complain. Fielder has basically kicked our tails every time he's started for Miami. Keep him on the bench!

Marino13Phins
09-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Terrible call on Randy's catch. He caught it, took two steps, starte to turn and was stripped of the ball. It fell right to Chambers who scooped it up and took it down to the 6 yard line. It was reviewed and even though evidence was not enough to overturn it, they did just that. Took us from first and goal to 4th and 19. Big momentum swing there. Feeley would have been credited with about 20 more yards and Miami probably walks away with at least 3 more points and only down by one score, as opposed to two. Oh well, I suppose that is the way the ball bounces though.

I expect us to stunt Palmer's growth somewhat on Sunday Night though.

Yea that's what they were saying on the radio that I was listening too. That there was not enough evidence because of poor camera angles, yet the call was still over turned. A loss is a loss though.

Hopefully we do school Palmer Sunday, our defense can only do so much, but our offense needs to do something.

Marino13Phins
09-13-2004, 02:14 PM
I can't complain. Fielder has basically kicked our tails every time he's started for Miami. Keep him on the bench!

He will be out 2 time a year starter, both games against buffalo. :snicker: I have no idea why he does so well against you guys, he sucks everywhere else. :rofl: