X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Only a know nothing would criticize Gilbride so far

The Bills have been rejeuvenated on offense due to Gilbride's brilliant use of Bledsoe and his talented corps of wide receivers. We have gone from the bottom of the barrel to a top-rate offense that can score from anywhere.

And yet some people are dissatisfied. How can they be? What do they want?

Who cares- they don't seem to grasp what's right in front of them- that the Bills are vastly improved from last year. Any argument that the Bills are "predictable" is the epitome of stupidity- There are very few ways to be unpredictable in the NFL, and "unpredictability" can only give a short-term edge at most- what matters is preparation and execution of what you do.

This offense is set to be a top-flight, championship caliber unit. Gilbride's brilliant use of his talent must be acknowledged by anyone who understands football.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I agree. WTF! We had plenty of scoring opportunities against the Pats. 3 missed fgs. A questionable TD. A PUNT from the 32!!!

Our D puts us into 17-0 hole. When your down like that "sticking to a gameplan" isn't prudent/

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

I agree Judge. Many people will point out that it is all Drew and Co. but KG is the one that has masterfully tailored the passing game to Drew's strengths and has made him a very happy camper along the way. My only criticism is that he needs to start using the running game in certain situations a little more. But you have to admire a guy that goes for TDs instead of FGs in OT
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I must be a know nothing who doesn't understand football. Gilbride week in and week out has just about put a nail in our coffin by not utilizing the running game. Going back two weeks we could have run the clock down on Detroit in the 4th and the play-by-play looks like: incomplete pass, imcomplete pass, incomplete pass, punt. Detroit gets put in a position to win the game. It's been a problem several weeks. Even if we get down a few points it's not time to panic at the rate we panic. I am not happy with a pass happy offense. It will never be consistenly effective like a balanced running attack will provide. I'm glad you know-it-alls are content to put the whole effectiveness of the team on Bledsoe's shoulders. We don't need no stinking running game in the NFL...no no we don't need that. Idiots.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, it was much better to abandon the run that was working so well against a very questionable run defense in favor of going to the pass which had barely put up 20 yards until that point and vs. one of the best secondaries and pass defenses in the league!

WoW! What Brilliance! Only a genoius would figure that out and curtail further drives resulting in EVEN MORE POINTS b/c we couldn't keep our O on the field for any significant amount of time!

Absolutely Brilliant!

That offensive performance against a so-so Miami D just lighting things up for a whole 16 points, 7 of which came on a defensive SNAFU, was simply outstanding.

Or perhaps that performance that had us simply light up Detroit for 24! WOOOOWEEEE!

WOW!

Incredible!!! That's all that can be said about that I guess...

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Any O.C. that couldn't do what we're doing now shouldn't be an O.C. in this league, period!

What, most other O.C.'s wouldn't be putting up an average of 27.x points thus far?

I find that extremely hard to believe!

But then again Judge, I'm not sure that I have the wits to match you and BFSIW!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

"no nothing" "Idiots"

Come on guys. Lets have a big group hug now! :huddle:

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

I agree to a point, but there's no reason to only run the Ball 12 times against the 29th ranked rush D in the league, especially when you're averaging 4.8 per carry. There's just no excuse for it!

However, Gilbride is a million times better than the rejects we've had in here the past few years.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

"The Bills have been rejeuvenated on offense due to Gilbride's brilliant use of Bledsoe and his talented corps of wide receivers. We have gone from the bottom of the barrel to a top-rate offense that can score from anywhere."

Wrong. The Bills have been rejuvinated simply due to a vastly improved OL and the arrival of Bledsoe. Gilbride is barely contributing.

I can't believe that these statements are even being on the heels of Sunday's performance! I simply cannot believe it.

Great Job Kevin!!! Let's coach like that every week. The way you outcoached and out-witted Belichick, wooowheee! Man, if we can do that every single week, or play like we did vs. Miami by putting up 16 BIG points, we'll be right in this down to the AFC CG!

Oh yeah...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

12 carries against the 29th rush D in the league. Brilliance. I can't even begin to praise Gilbride to the extents I should...me know nothing. No have the words.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

"However, Gilbride is a million times better than the rejects we've had in here the past few years."

Indeed. But he's not perfect and there's plenty of room for improvement. No NFL team can be successful enough to win their conference and then the SB unless they have a successful rushing game. What is his plan? To pass his way to the playoffs and then start Henry for 30 carries a game. I know we all don't believe that, eh.

Simply stated, we're just going to have to run the ball regularly in order to have the success that we want. If you look at Gilbride's track record, it's been pass first all throughout his career as long as he's been in charge. Regardless of who the QB is. That's an issue IMO. His offenses over the past decade are by far-and-away the passingest most offenses in the league on average. By a LONG shot! Why? B/c it sure isn't b/c he had the talent at QB and WR!

Since we often come right out throwing the ball, it's highly unlikely that will change. If throwing works, he'll say "stick w/ passing." If it doesn't, then likely we're down by too much to start running the ball. Especially w/ our D. And you know what, that's the exact pattern that has emerged here this season. Last game was the perfect example.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

LMAO Typ0!!!

I could see that the words were failing you...

LOL

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Gilbride has done a good job IMO, but it is very clear that we need to run the ball more.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

What has he done to suggest to you that he's done anything other than let Drew & Co. play and take advantage of talent mismatches. Ie., Moulds/Price v. the Lion DBs, etc. ???

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

All I know is that we're scoring twice as much as we scored last year. I don't care whose fault it is.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X