• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Lindell = Scapegoat

I just don't understand why we are calling for Lindell's head. He missed one field goal. Seems like everyone is frustrated about our loss to a fluke play and all collectively decided that Lindell is the easiest person to be made a scapegoat. Let's all point that finger to the kicker.

He didn't single-handedly lose the game for us. He didn't botch a game winning field goal with no time left on the clock. John Carney did that last season with New Orleans and still nobody called for his head.

We lost the game as a team. Drew could've passed that ball to Sheldon. Clemens could've batted the ball down to Jimmy Smith. Reese, Wire and Spikes could've batted that ball down from the winning TD. Hell, Mularkey could've called the run on that 3rd and goal at the one play. But no one is calling to fire those guys.

Let's just leave our kicker alone and move on.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I just don't understand why we are calling for Lindell's head. He missed one field goal. Seems like everyone is frustrated about our loss to a fluke play and all collectively decided that Lindell is the easiest person to be made a scapegoat. Let's all point that finger to the kicker.

He didn't single-handedly lose the game for us. He didn't botch a game winning field goal with no time left on the clock. John Carney did that last season with New Orleans and still nobody called for his head.

We lost the game as a team. Drew could've passed that ball to Sheldon. Clemens could've batted the ball down to Jimmy Smith. Reese, Wire and Spikes could've batted that ball down from the winning TD. Hell, Mularkey could've called the run on that 3rd and goal at the one play. But no one is calling to fire those guys.

Last year and 1st game this year

3 of 8 between 40 and 49 yards

3 of 10 40+
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

He sucked last year too. He's a lousy kicker.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Read my tracker! That's all you need to know!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

when you start making decisions to punt from the 35 based on your kickers ability to hit a 50 yarder then you have little confidence in the kicker...I have a feeling that this will not be the first time this happens this year...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            when you start making decisions to punt from the 35 based on your kickers ability to hit a 50 yarder then you have little confidence in the kicker...I have a feeling that this will not be the first time this happens this year...
            I'm not saying he's the best kicker in the league. Every team has a weakness. But we cannot pin the entire loss on Lindell.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I'm not saying he's the best kicker in the league.
              He may very well be the WORST kicker in the league!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

I'm not saying he's the best kicker in the league. Every team has a weakness. But we cannot pin the entire loss on Lindell.
                I don't think anyone has. That doesn't change the fact that he's garbage.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone is blaming just him. He's one of the reason we lost. However, the kicking game is a very important position and if he can't make it from 41 yds........ I want Norwood back.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    He may very well be the WORST kicker in the league!
                    Didn't you say that about Hollis a couple of years ago? I think a lot of us here were happy to have Lindell when we signed him. People were mad about Hollis' weak leg and were excited about Lindell's bigger leg.

how we point fingers and call names when adversity stirkes.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

You can "blame" the loss on Moulds fumble too. But he gets some slack because he contributes as well. Lindell is a liability.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Didn't you say that about Hollis a couple of years ago? I think a lot of us here were happy to have Lindell when we signed him. People were mad about Hollis' weak leg and were excited about Lindell's bigger leg.

No I didn't. I liked Hollis.

And even if I didn't like Hollis...what does that have to do with Lindell? He flat-out sucks.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

We've had a streak of crappy kickers. Call it the curse of the Chrisite or something...

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            No I didn't. I liked Hollis.

Yeah, I thought Hollis was good.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                              You can "blame" the loss on Moulds fumble too. But he gets some slack because he contributes as well. Lindell is a liability.
                              EXCELLENT POST! That is exactly it.

Comment

Working...
                              X