• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

COACHING MISTAKES

i feel that lindell should have been given the shot to kick the 50 yarder.if the weather conditions were perfect,what's the problem?it seems to be a habit that we're punting on the opponents 32 and 33 yard line.is this the new wave of coaching?if so,i think it stinks.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Why should they have given him a chance? When is the last time you saw him make anything longer than 45 yards? He had already missed a 40 yarder in the game, and the chances of him missing a 50 yarder were better than him making it. If he missed it, Jags get the ball on their own 40 or wherever the hold was, giving them super field position. It was the only call to make in that situation, and it was a good call.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      i feel that lindell should have been given the shot to kick the 50 yarder.if the weather conditions were perfect,what's the problem?it seems to be a habit that we're punting on the opponents 32 and 33 yard line.is this the new wave of coaching?if so,i think it stinks.
      Nope. You go with what works. Up util then, our D was shutting them out while our kicker missed a 41 yarder. No brainer. We go with the D.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

The D has to stop them anyway, why not go for the points? Always go for the points if it is reasonable. A 50 or 51 yard field goal is quite reasonable.

Comment

• finsrclowns
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          A 50 or 51 yard field goal is quite reasonable.

Know why? Because at that point the coaches were less than 1 game into the season with Lindell and they've already lost confidence in him! Think the Pats would've punted? The Colts? The fins? Hell, do you think the Jags would've punted?

The answer is, they ALL would've if they had our oversized turkey as their kicker!

(as you can see I've calmed down considerably from yesterday )
          finsrclowns

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

I thought it was the right decision at that time in the game.

Comment

• FTG
              • Aug 2004

It was the right decision. Lindell is 3 for 10 outside 40yds as a Bill. It's wishfull thinking to say he would have made the kick.
              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• madness23
                • Apr 2003

Absolutely NOT a coaching mistake. At the time, the defense was playing well and we had one of the best punters in the league on the sidelines. Moorman had a bad punt, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                X